Pre Match Leicester v Birmingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever is playing at full back, I expect them to get thoroughly shagged by Andros Townsend and Chris Burke.

We should just give them the three points and save all the fuss and bother

'tis the only decent thing to do

Would keep all the players fresh for Sunday as well

Sorry Homer. I'll try and be more positive like you always are.

I just can't see how we will win though. I'd love to be completely wrong. I am going after all.

Yes. Where are Rogers and Canero?

Never understood the stick Alan Rogers got, I thought he was a decent enough player at this level. Nothing special, but never deserves to be mentioned alongside Canero (or indeed Alan Maybury, Ryan McGivern, Jordan Stewart etc.)

We won't win.

If we were away I'd agree with you, because we have been very poor away from home recently, but I thought we looked pretty good at home in recent weeks, so I'm quietly confident about getting something from this one.

Last edited:
A loss tonight could see us drop, once more, into the bottom half of the table but could also see us overtaken by the sheep!!

This match can not be taking place - I've been told the season is over.

:icon_bigg

Are there really people whose only interest in football is our position in the table?

Then my dream of sleeping with Helen Mirren is not dead either.

'Yey' for optimism!

Presumably this is the Helen Mirren of 30 years ago. To make you jealous I saw her nude in the 1960s. Sadly I have to admit it was with hundreds of other people when she played Helen of Troy in Doctor Faustus at Stratford.

One person I am not looking forward to seeing is Marlon King. Last time I saw him the Coventry fans came out with a particularly unsavoury chant about one of his victims. Sadly I expect the same tonight.

Never understood the stick Alan Rogers got, I thought he was a decent enough player at this level. Nothing special, but never deserves to be mentioned alongside Canero (or indeed Alan Maybury, Ryan McGivern, Jordan Stewart etc.)

I absolutely loathed him as a player, what a painfully poor carthorse of a full back he was. Just remember checking teletext one morning and he'd scored a ridiculous brace against Hull in the League Cup. Probably the only useful thing he's ever done.

I absolutely loathed him as a player, what a painfully poor carthorse of a full back he was. Just remember checking teletext one morning and he'd scored a ridiculous brace against Hull in the League Cup. Probably the only useful thing he's ever done.

In the PL he was out of his depth for sure, but he did a decent enough job when we got promoted under MA I thought.

When people compare him to some of the slew of godawful full-backs we've had since around 2004 (didn't we discuss this a couple of months back that our record of full-backs in recent years really is dire) I've always felt is a bit harsh.

I think we'll win tonight - Brum are on a poor run of form not being able to beat Derby, Cov or Forest in their last 3 league games and we'll pick things up at home tonight and Nugent will have his scoring boots on tonight.

Really tempted by a cheeky 5er on a Everton Brum double though as I imagine it would be tasty odds!!

looking forward to this one, could be a couple of changes, onwards and upwards

Will be interesting to see what changes are made. I think there needs to be a bit of a shake up.

Bamba in place for Peltier so SSL moving to right back & Gally for Marshall.

Can't be arsed to start a thread as it won't let me copy & paste from Twatter!!

Last edited:
Ah shit, didn't pay much attention to the Reading game tbh so made another balls up in the match thread - DD obviously wasn't that good there then!!

Computer/browser - couldn't highlight the text in the tweet and couldn't be bothered to type it all out (or also potentially get the blame if we lose!). Didn't work the 1st time so wasn't something I was too fussed about as Notts usually posts it up here pretty quick to avoid having to go on Twatter.

Maybe you were too young...he was a dog shite footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566