Leicester v Blackburn/Birmingham FA Cup R5

They should have introduced the technology this season, along with keeping paper tickets as easy to get as always, and then look to make paper tickets really difficult to get hold of next season.

But nope, because that’s what a well run club would have done.

Still, we get the occasional lukewarm beer.

I know. How ****ing stupid are the club for allowing BN and his entire ****ing family to come along to the same game.

You might as well ask me to buy my ticket for the game with bitcoin.

I don't get it and I've got no interest in learning how to do it either. It's just not for me. I see people buying stuff with their phones and it's fine but just not what I want to do. I use cash or card and I always will.

I'm really not that ancient. Loads of people are simply not interested in this sort of thing. We'll just not bother going any more.

I've seen dozens of people struggling to use them on matchdays
I've seen and continue to see dozens of season ticket holders putting their card into the hole even though they've been told a number of times that that they only have to hold it against the pad. Some people just like life to be a struggle.

I've seen and continue to see dozens of season ticket holders putting their card into the hole even though they've been told a number of times that that they only have to hold it against the pad. Some people just like life to be a struggle.
Must resist, must resist.

Yes. It's an NFC ticket, so it works the same way as using your phone to make a contactless payment. You need an Apple or Android phone. When you buy a ticket they send you an email with a link to load the ticket to your phone's wallet.

I think it can be cancelled on the device it's been loaded on, then loaded onto another.

The same thing that happens if you lose or forget a paper ticket.

Only if they can unlock your phone. So it's more secure than a paper ticket.

No.
So in some respects it’s better than a paper ticket, worse in others

I don't get it and I've got no interest in learning how to do it either. It's just not for me. I see people buying stuff with their phones and it's fine but just not what I want to do. I use cash or card and I always will.

I'm really not that ancient. Loads of people are simply not interested in this sort of thing. We'll just not bother going any more.
Hospitality season tickets are still cards.

So in some respects it’s better than a paper ticket, worse in others

Probably. It's great for most I'm sure.

I don't like being a phone slave and sometimes turn it off and leave it at home. My wife does too. My mum will go days without checking her phone.

Last year was the first time we've ever taken our phones on holiday with us because they made us use them as boarding cards. That pissed me off.

It's just a preference which makes forcing me to use it really send me the other way. I just won't bother any more.

Sadly for you, the club won’t care as there’s many people who will want your seat.

Maybe they’ll reverse it when we’re in the championship and struggle to attract 21,000.

Sadly for you, the club won’t care as there’s many people who will want your seat.

Maybe they’ll reverse it when we’re in the championship and struggle to attract 21,000.
It's really not that bigger deal. It takes about ten seconds to do it the first time and after that it's just a case of clicking a button.

What Brown Nose Brown Nose is basically saying is that because he doesn't want to spend a maximum of two mins learning how to do something, he's never going to go to another football match.

It's stupid from the club to force it - but as you rightly say, the club won't care. But it's also stupid to deny yourself supporting the team in person because of it.

Probably. It's great for most I'm sure.

I don't like being a phone slave and sometimes turn it off and leave it at home. My wife does too. My mum will go days without checking her phone.

Last year was the first time we've ever taken our phones on holiday with us because they made us use them as boarding cards. That pissed me off.

It's just a preference which makes forcing me to use it really send me the other way. I just won't bother any more.
More importantly how did you access the latest pearls of wisdom on TB when you were on your hols? Please tell me you didn’t pop down and to the local T’internet cafe!!

More importantly how did you access the latest pearls of wisdom on TB when you were on your hols? Please tell me you didn’t pop down and to the local T’internet cafe!!
I found out we’d gone into administration after logging on to my email to check the old LCFC ecafe mailing list at an Irish-bar themed internet cafe in Sorrento

I found out we’d gone into administration after logging on to my email to check the old LCFC ecafe mailing list at an Irish-bar themed internet cafe in Sorrento

I found out that we were calling the new stadium 'The Walkers Bowl' after logging onto Filberstreet.net from an internet cafe.

The queue sizes when they did this in the LC indicated that it doesn't work perfectly well. It was a total shambles.

This game will see a lot more people and I guarantee it will be a total shitshow.

Although if people react like me then maybe the ground won't be busy. I'm now not going on principle.
I haven't seen any problems with it really. The odd individual who hasn't a clue how their phone works but largely the system has been fine.

I've seen dozens of people struggling to use them on matchdays, and dozens more being told to go to the ticket office when it doesn't work - it's a complete ****ing shambles
And nearly all of them have most likely been caused by the individuals themselves either not reading or misunderstanding the simplest of instructions. On every occasion I and nearly everyone else around me has used them, they have worked perfectly well.

Get used to mobile tickets. They are here to stay as they absolutely should be. In the end, they will be far, far more efficient.

Then fine. You've been saying for ages we need to change the clientel. If this helps with that then you should be happy.

If people are willing to give up doing something they love for the sake of being refused a slip of paper then more fool them.

Haven't you previously said our fanbase is too old and infirm?

I don't understand the whinging. Hundreds upon hundreds of live facilities, many of them much much bigger than the King Power, are contactless now.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463