Pre Match Leicester v Bournemouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

camberwell fox

So, our New Years' day fixture 2016 falls on Saturday the 2nd of January.

We welcome the visit of Bournemouth to King Power stadium with them performing better than perhaps most people would have imagined.

They currently lie in 16th place in the table 3 points above the relegation zone which is currently occupied by Villa, Newcastle and Sunderland with Villa looking certs to drop out of the Prem bar doing 'a Leicester'.

We have only played Bournemouth 10 times in our history, and the results are:

Games won: 6
Games drawn: 1
Games lost: 3

This promises to be s good attacking game and one which I hope will cement us into the top 4 positions in the league. Having said that I would really like Bournemouth to stay up and wish them well (outside of this game of course).

Come on Citeh.

Thankfully not on boxing day

A welcome release from a run of difficult fixtures.

Bournemouth have done exceptionally well - great effort lads - but they will go down.

Home win on Saturday.

Kramarić, Lawrence, Wasilewski, Benalouane and Chilwell to be involved in this match, either on or from the bench for this game and again for the Cup game, perhaps some in the first XI.

Hahahaha.

Yeah, let's play the ressies against a team in good form.

They've been a wonderful, attractive team to watch this season and have notches on their bedpost. I'm as concerned and as hopeful of a result against Bournemouth as I am for any other fixture (bar Villa who ought to come with double points if you hit 8 goals or more).

Kramarić, Lawrence, Wasilewski, Benalouane and Chilwell to be involved in this match, either on or from the bench for this game and again for the Cup game, perhaps some in the first XI.

Yep let's change 3/4 of the defensive line which just kept a clean sheet against Man City.

Well it's not Lawrence and Chilwell anyway as Jeff pointed out and I did say "involved" which isn't actually in the first XI.
We need more players with match experience. Inler showed tonight he needs more game time and so do the others I've mentioned.

I assume Motown is joking?

Lawrence and Chilwell have yet to prove they are Premier League standard and would be lucky to even get in the matchday squad now.

I do think there is an argument for possibly playing Nathan Dyer from the start. The front three looked tired in the last two games. Marc Albrighton has been fantastic thus far this season but I think he could do with a little break.

Definitely needs to be 4-4-2 though!

We need more players with match experience.

The Premier League isn't the place to be playing people just to give them experience. That's suicide. Schwarzer hasn't had mush game time so why don't we leave Kasper out too.

I think Vardy, Albrighton and Mahrez will all be rested for the cup game against Spurs. I agree they've looked a bit leggy the past couple of games, but I'd keep them in for Bournemouth and give them a break in the cup. Thought all 3 of them worked hard today and played well in terms of their pressing and defensive positioning against a side who were always going to dominate, but they just didn't get much of a chance to get the ball down up front today, you'd expect them to be able to show their attacking intent more against Bournemouth.

I'm usually all for taking the cup seriously and trying to win it, but this year I'd really be quite happy to put our second string out and give most of our first team a rest.

Hi new to Talking Balls, but a city fan for over 40 years loved to read all the views over many years. Have now decided to join ( must be a total wanker( I) only sing when were winning! NOT . Have many beautiful memories of the popular side and spion kop at Filbert Street . From South Wigston, now live in Northumberland.

Welcome aboard mate! All true City fans are welcome here.

Hi new to Talking Balls, but a city fan for over 40 years loved to read all the views over many years. Have now decided to join ( must be a total wanker( I) only sing when were winning! NOT . Have many beautiful memories of the popular side and spion kop at Filbert Street . From South Wigston, now live in Northumberland.

Where in Northumberland? I'm in Prudda

Hi in Ridsdale but lived inHeaton for many years. Always interested in your input. Were you ever in the Crown in Wigston?

Hi in Ridsdale but lived inHeaton for many years. Always interested in your input. Were you ever in the Crown in Wigston?

Nah furthest south I've ever lived is High Spen. Used to live in Heaton back in the day, got a surprisingly good turn out for Leicester sky matches even when we were shit. Doubt there's many city fans in Ridsdale.

s
Sorry dont want to use this forum for mindless chat. I will try to keep it totally LCFC stuff.
I think we should get 3 points from Bournmouth, probably better to attack from the off and not rely on the counter attack
our goal scorers could come from anywhere! Probably 3-1 to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669