Pre Match Leicester v Brentford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ward's played a handful of games over the past 5 years or so.

He played 14 games last season, 15 the season before that.

But as he didn't play in any of the pre-season games, I'd rather start the season with Iversen. People have been talking about his potential for years, he's not a kid any more, so if he's not ready now, when will he be ready?

He played 14 games last season, 15 the season before that.

But as he didn't play in any of the pre-season games, I'd rather start the season with Iversen. People have been talking about his potential for years, he's not a kid any more, so if he's not ready now, when will he be ready?

I haven't checked but I'd assume that Iversen has played a lot more senior games than Ward despite being about 5 years younger.

Of the two, Iversen is probably the more robust. Ward has almost exclusively played (some) cup games and internationals over the last 6-7 years.

I'd already looked it up. Iversen has played over 150 first team games at various levels. Way more than Ward.

Actually it's closer than I thought, if you include cup games and internationals...

Ward, 73 league games (but only one since 2017), 30 cup games, plus 28 internationals. So that's 131 in total
Iversen, 150 league games (all since 2018), 13 cup games. 163 in total. 179 if you count his games for Denmark U21s.

Actually it's closer than I thought, if you include cup games and internationals...

Ward, 73 league games (but only one since 2017), 30 cup games, plus 28 internationals. So that's 131 in total
Iversen, 150 league games (all since 2018), 13 cup games. 163 in total. 179 if you count his games for Denmark U21s.

One way of reading that is that Iversen has played 150 league matches in the time that Ward has played one.

Add in the fact that Ward hasn't played any game through preseason and it's really a no-brainer to go with Iversen.

If I were Iversen and BR picked Ward over me on Sunday, I'd slap a transfer request in before the match kicks off.

If Ward is our number 1 then we have really ****ed up.

Free beer before the match :cool:

Not sure what the worry is. This team will be just fine. If Forfana or Tielemans want to put themselves in the shop window, let them play their way there

Ward
Forfana-Evans-Soyuncu
Castagne---------------Justin
Tielemans--Dewsbury-Hall
Maddison
Vardy-----Ihenacho
Subs: Iversen, Thomas, Amartey, Ndidi, Albrighton, Perez, Daka
It's Fofana.
It's Iheanacho.

It's N'D'i'd'i

Play Ward, Soumare, Daka, and Praet. And then bring on Perez. Just to see every Leicester forum explode and some of our fans spontaneously combust with rage.

Pyrotechnics before the game and it looks like they are doing away with the clappers this season, hopefully whoever is in charge of the pyrotechnics doesn't make use of the free beer...

Didn’t I read somewhere that Ward is injured? Hence his absence from pre-season.

Didn’t I read somewhere that Ward is injured? Hence his absence from pre-season.
Probably is.

Every other ****er is injured. As has been the case for the last 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363