Pre Match Leicester v Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoy reading how everyone is writing us off and that Brighton are Barcelona in disguise in contrast to the how dare CMS choose them over us from a few weeks ago.

Win this. 3-1. CMS to score for them obviously, Slim Charles, JB and AndyisourKing

Covered in Daddy's sauce?

That's 6 or 7 more than I can remember. My only positive memory of him will be of THAT goal against Leeds in league one.

I would rather bring him on to protect a lead than Gally, he can actually hold the ball up and keep it up the other end of the pitch without trying to prance about when protecting a 1 goal lead.

I know is becoming very fashionable and a great way of making it look like you know lots about football, but formation does have an effect, it's impossible for it not too. Im quite sure Beckford would prefer to have someone play within 20 fecking yards of him.

Also the formation does have a bearing on how we position ourselves when we don't have the ball.

I would rather bring him on to protect a lead than Gally, he can actually hold the ball up and keep it up the other end of the pitch without trying to prance about when protecting a 1 goal lead.

No, he doesn't. He fouls a defender, punches the floor and swears at someone, normally the ref.

I know is becoming very fashionable and a great way of making it look like you know lots about football, but formation does have an effect, it's impossible for it not too. Im quite sure Beckford would prefer to have someone play within 20 fecking yards of him.

Also the formation does have a bearing on how we position ourselves when we don't have the ball.

Playing with 2 out and out strikers will have an impact compared to 1, of course. But classifying that as a 4-4-2 is idiotic and over simplified. Do we have 2 out and out wingers running down the line to cross it over, or 4 holding midfielders who just tackle anyone in the middle and lump it forward to the 2 strikers? Do the midfielders support the strikers and get into the box? Surely that would be a 4-4-3, or a 4-2-4? what about if the full backs over lap the wide players? Is it still a 4-4-2? or would it be a 2-6-2?

. Do we have 2 out and out wingers running down the line to cross it over, or 4 holding midfielders who just tackle anyone in the middle and lump it forward to the 2 strikers? Do the midfielders support the strikers and get into the box? ?

Matt, with due respect what's that got to do with formation? More playing style. I'd say formation is the pattern you take up when defending.

Anyway the debates all bollocks...if players aren't performing or aren't using their brains...you could play any formation in the world it wouldnt matter.

Matt, with due respect what's that got to do with formation? More playing style. I'd say formation is the pattern you take up when defending.

Anyway the debates all bollocks...if players aren't performing or aren't using their brains...you could play any formation in the world it wouldnt matter.

The point is that fans call for a 4-4-2 which means very little. If it is the shape you take when you defend then why are our fans wanting it for the attacking element? I agree with your second point and is much more likely the problem we have, rather than how many strikers we are playing with.

Thank's for putting that in a simple, easy to understand way.

People are making it far to complicated, I'm not talking about how we perform within the 4-4-2, If anyone thinks all 4-4-2 setups are the same then yes, they need a checkup, however it does make a difference, mainly when you don't have the ball.

2011-09-17 08.53.07.jpgWas working near to the Students flats in Sheffield called The Pinnacles and saw this car with a City car sticker. Also has fluffy blue ans white dice and a blue steering qheel cover. One of the 2 cars also had a parking ticket courtesy of Sheffield Council as well. Anyone from this site lay claim to the car?

Neckties is the iPhone equivalent for Beckford And yes formation does matter.... 451 doesnt work for us, 442 deserves a try because we lack support up top.

Having a player like vassell as striker on his own is not working, why would you keep that? We need to change it.

I thought you would see that after watching leicester this season!

I have a feeling that the necktie sentence will turn out to be silly. This applies to most sentences where people try hard to appear "cool." However, out of sheer curiosity would somebody please explain it.
As I am now off to the match I am worried that "Necktie is the iPhone equivalent of Beckford" will nag at me throughout the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566