Pre Match Leicester v Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daphne is Satan's wife.
She does that awful trick where she suddenly forgots an answer and then plucks it out of the air when Jeremy/Dermot push her for it. She pretends it was an eureka moment, it wasn't...she knew it all long. And that neck crank.

All of them annoy me. Barry's 'I think you'll find...', Kevin's explanations, CJ's arrogance....

You could try Pointless?

Completely agree with Rhydal and Hazzman, the idiotic fans are part of the entertainment at going to the football for me. There's one guy in front of me who spends the whole game moaning at every missed pass and barely cares when we even score or do something well, I just find him amusing.

Looks like some of them have spent some time picking their favoured team for tomorrow on the Merc website. Steve Howard looks a bit of a favourite amongst them. He's obviously been impressing in training.

if they are all like me they chose the most stupid line up they could. I was most annoyed that wasn't an option more stupid than Howard.

It's amazing how much better some players become in some fans' eyes when they're not playing. I honestly can't remember Howard ever having had more than about 6 or 7 good games for us at Championship level.

After a long week at graft I can't wait to spend tomorrow singing songs about formations, Waggeh and heemasexes. Oh and I'll chuck in a few boos if I'm in a good mood.

Kingy asks the question "when is it right for him to call for Sven to be sacked?".
My question is "why does he want to?"

There do seem to be some fans who enjoy chopping and changing managers. They must have really loved the 2007-2008 season with four managers.

I have nothing against getting rid of managers after a few games. It should not take long for a chairman to see that a Martin Allen or a Paulo Sousa needs to go. What I am against is sacking managers who are up to the job. I believe Cardiff were wrong to sack Dave Jones and Forest wrong to sack Billy Davies. While there are arguments for and against the sacking of Ian Holloway almost everyone felt that Leicester's treatment of Nigel Pearson was counter productive. If you have a good manager stick with him even if you have a bad run of results.

My experience is that when something has gone wrong and you have good people already in the organisation they are the ones who best understand the problem.

I was not at the Barnsley game but understand from what people write that Pantsil and Mills had poor games and not for the first time. It may be that Peltier and St Ledger would be a better choice for Brighton but I have seen too little of them to know. But there is a Swede who is an absolute football expert has seen every minute they have played and who has talked to all of them and the players around them. He also talks regulalrly with an assistant manager of vast experience. Whether we win or lose tomorrow I trust their judgement.

Kingy asks the question "when is it right for him to call for Sven to be sacked?".

There do seem to be some fans who enjoy chopping and changing managers. They must have really loved the 2007-2008 season with four managers.

I have nothing against getting rid of managers after a few games. It should not take long for a chairman to see that a Martin Allen or a Paulo Sousa needs to go. What I am against is sacking managers who are up to the job. I believe Cardiff were wrong to sack Dave Jones and Forest wrong to sack Billy Davies. While there are arguments for and against the sacking of Ian Holloway almost everyone felt that Leicester's treatment of Nigel Pearson was counter productive. If you have a good manager stick with him even if you have a bad run of results.

My experience is that when something has gone wrong and you have good people already in the organisation they are the ones who best understand the problem.

I was not at the Barnsley game but understand from what people write that Pantsil and Mills had poor games and not for the first time. It may be that Peltier and St Ledger would be a better choice for Brighton but I have seen too little of them to know. But there is a Swede who is an absolute football expert has seen every minute they have played and who has talked to all of them and the players around them. He also talks regulalrly with an assistant manager of vast experience. Whether we win or lose tomorrow I trust their judgement.

Couldn't agree more :)

Exactly. If we sack Sven we should also be sacking any players who play under-par

It's amazing how much better some players become in some fans' eyes when they're not playing. I honestly can't remember Howard ever having had more than about 6 or 7 good games for us at Championship level.

That's 6 or 7 more than I can remember. My only positive memory of him will be of THAT goal against Leeds in league one.

That's 6 or 7 more than I can remember. My only positive memory of him will be of THAT goal against Leeds in league one.

Hey, let's not go too far. He was a very good, or at least very effective player, if not pretty to watch, for us in League One, but at Championship level all I can think of is a good run of 4 or 5 games right at the end of our play-off season under Pearson, before idiotically getting himself sent off vs Watford. He also played probably his best ever Leicester performance in the play-off semi-final second leg vs Cardiff. Then there was his hat-trick against West Brom in our relegation season, but other than those 6 or 7 games out he's been poor for us at Championship level.

Last edited:
Second time this season we are playing the team at the top of the table.

2nd time in 3 weeks.

Seagull fan here who accepts that this is by far our stiffest test this season but also accepts
that this maybe a very good time to be playing a Leicester team that has not started as well as they will have hoped, while we are full of confidence & winning games.

Are you the seagull that keeps shitting on my car?

Sitting top of the league we're shitting on everybodys car.

Joking aside we are living the dream at the moment top of the league playing in our fantastic new stadium & playing Liverpool in the cup & believing we have a fair chance of getting a result.
Although I would accept a draw at Leicester,defeat against Liverpool and a draw at home to Leeds if we beat palace at home on the following Tuesday.

Sitting top of the league we're shitting on everybodys car.

Joking aside we are living the dream at the moment.

Quite an enviable place to be compared to a few seasons back.

I'll admit it's good to see what has happened at Brighton due to the way the club was previously run, and for one, wish your lot all the best. Just hope we take 6 points off you on the way this season.

Looking forward to this, been out of the loop a bit since moving over a month ago and only just sorting our internets providings. Couldn't even get the Barnsley match on the radio here in the Notts countryside. Team wise, looking forward to seeing what Beckford has to offer, hopefully we won't start with the usual defensive 4-4-3/4-5-1 because I can see Brighton coming on to us right form the off much like southampton did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669