Pre Match Leicester v Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does a team need to gel ?

The reason I ask is that I keep seeing people at the club saying "we need time to gel" or "it will come good" or "players are getting used to each others style" blah blah blah.

How long does that take then? and when can I starting calling for Svens head?

This post suggests you don't really want things to 'gel' and you can't wait to join in with the 'Sven Out' chants.

Maybe, just maybe, the fact that so far we've a handful of players who've not been playing to their potential has affected overall performances and points return. For example, Pantsil should really know how to play right back and it's the same with Mills and centre-back. You arguably toss a couple of midfielders in as well. All the arguments about formations are secondary to this.

Is this ALL Sven's fault? Who knows, but I think we should at least see how it goes with a Beckford-Nugent pairing first. If that takes a few more weeks because of Nugent's injury fair enough.

After looking at most of the posts ,it seems the feeling going around is we aint got it

Not my feelings at all - It's not been the best start to the season, but I'm confident in Sven and the player's ability to get it right. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

when the season began we should have had 12 easy points from the first 4 games,,6 games in and if it hadnt been for kasperi think it would have been 6 points at the most .just not good enough

Struggling to see how our first four games were '12 easy points'. We beat Cov, Reading were play-off finalists last season and are always a tough side to play, Bristol City - no excuses for that, we should have beaten them - and Forest were a better side than us last season and it was only down to some extremely poor reffing that we didn't deservedly win that game.

The arrogance of some Leicester fans this season is astonishing, no wonder everyone wants to see us fail, with our fans expecting us to waltz into each game and destroy every team we play - it's just not going to happen. Sven and the boys will get it right IMO, what they need is time and not a bunch of 'supporters' who boo and slag them off at every opportunity. I'm glad you morons aren't in charge of the club, that's all I can say.

Not my feelings at all - It's not been the best start to the season, but I'm confident in Sven and the player's ability to get it right. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Struggling to see how our first four games were '12 easy points'. We beat Cov, Reading were play-off finalists last season and are always a tough side to play, Bristol City - no excuses for that, we should have beaten them - and Forest were a better side than us last season and it was only down to some extremely poor reffing that we didn't deservedly win that game.

The arrogance of some Leicester fans this season is astonishing, no wonder everyone wants to see us fail, with our fans expecting us to waltz into each game and destroy every team we play - it's just not going to happen. Sven and the boys will get it right IMO, what they need is time and not a bunch of 'supporters' who boo and slag them off at every opportunity. I'm glad you morons aren't in charge of the club, that's all I can say

:038::038:

Looking forward to this one in a frightened nervy sort of way!

Not my feelings at all - It's not been the best start to the season, but I'm confident in Sven and the player's ability to get it right. It's a marathon, not a sprint...

...The arrogance of some Leicester fans this season is astonishing, no wonder everyone wants to see us fail, with our fans expecting us to waltz into each game and destroy every team we play - it's just not going to happen. Sven and the boys will get it right IMO, what they need is time and not a bunch of 'supporters' who boo and slag them off at every opportunity. I'm glad you morons aren't in charge of the club, that's all I can say.

It will be a tough game on Saturday with our team struggling for form and Brighton full of confidence. The fans could really play a big part in the outcome of the result. They need to stay behind the team and not turn against them if we havent scored within the first 20 minutes or if we conceed.

It will be a tough game on Saturday with our team struggling for form and Brighton full of confidence. The fans could really play a big part in the outcome of the result. They need to stay behind the team and not turn against them if we havent scored within the first 20 minutes or if we conceed.

You know as well as I do that the fans will not, under any circumstance stay with the team If we go one down, especially if that score remains when the half time whistle goes.

We are far more likely to alienate the players, make Beckford wish he'd never stepped foot here, as I think he already showed glimpses of at Barnsley away thanks to the fans.

The fans are the main reason I don't go to many home games.

You know as well as I do that the fans will not, under any circumstance stay with the team If we go one down, especially if that score remains when the half time whistle goes.

You are forgetting the wonderfuly inspirational "One nil down, who gives a f***..." song, which I happen to know is appreciated by all of our players and is often cited as being the one thing that drives them on to try even harder

That and "4-4-2", of course

And "Booooooooo....." is always a winner

You are forgetting the wonderfuly inspirational "One nil down, who gives a f***..." song, which I happen to know is appreciated by all of our players and is often cited as being the one thing that drives them on to try even harder

That and "4-4-2", of course

And "Booooooooo....." is always a winner

I'd forgotten about the beautiful 1 nil down song, possibly the most braindead chant since right side/left side but it also has the added benefit of telling the team it's ok to give up on the game. Almost as stupid as turning your back on the game and jumping up and down but who would do that?

The fans are the main reason I don't go to many home games.
I'm the exact opposite. I find the majority of the other fans highly amusing and reassuringly stoopid.
Probably why I don't watch Eggheads any more.

I'm the exact opposite. I find the majority of the other fans highly amusing and reassuringly stoopid.
Probably why I don't watch Eggheads any more.

I am of a similar opinion Rhydal. Me and my father have concluded that only roughly 30% of the stadium are tuned into a proper sense of reality. In realising this I snort and giggle my way through the soundbites are hear off my neighbours.

I do watch Eggheads still. I hate the Eggheads the same way I hate Wales.

I am of a similar opinion Rhydal. Me and my father have concluded that only roughly 30% of the stadium are tuned into a proper sense of reality. In realising this I snort and giggle my way through the soundbites are hear off my neighbours.

I do watch Eggheads still. I hate the Eggheads the same way I hate Wales.
That Daphne woman is sinister. She looks like a sweet old lady but then makes you feel totally worthless within a sentence.
She was singlehandedly responsible for the demise of 15 to 1.
Evil c***.

Last edited:
That Daphne woman is sinister. She looks like a sweet old lady but then makes you feel totally worthless within a sentence.
She was singlehandedly responsible for the demise of 15 to 1.
Evil c***.

Daphne is Satan's wife.
She does that awful trick where she suddenly forgots an answer and then plucks it out of the air when Jeremy/Dermot push her for it. She pretends it was an eureka moment, it wasn't...she knew it all long. And that neck crank.

All of them annoy me. Barry's 'I think you'll find...', Kevin's explanations, CJ's arrogance....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669