Match Thread Leicester v Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.
YET AGAIN........

The system is much less important when you actually pass and MOVE.

Desire changes absolutey everything and without decent dosses of desire and movement we are nowhere near our potential.

When we want it we are fantastic. When we are pedestrian and think we can do it without movement we are terrible.

Simple

System looks totally changed to me. We are also pressing much higher than we have been
Absolutely, and it’s a result of the Albrighton and Justin change.

It’s allowing us to switch to 4 at the back when we’re attacking (which has been the majority of the time since we changed), with Fuchs and Justin as full backs. But also gives us the option to go to 5 at the back with Albrighton and Justin as wing backs if Brighton are attacking.

Ndidi, Perez and Justin are simply rocking in this game. Unstoppable

It's over a year since Maddison scored at home in a PL match.

Where are the goals coming from?

Look, I'm as big of a dickhead as any of you. Above is what I said before the game.

But, some of you were massively over the top about this line up and what BR decides to do on a game by game basis.

Like I also said, he knows better than we do.

Beautiful first half. A word for Perez tackling back in our defensive corner too, Perez has been great today and has a wonderful touch. Just soak that 45 minutes up, that was very very good.

It is performances like the last two why I have defended Perez this season. He is a very good player. He is inconsistent but BR leaving him out seems to have made a real difference.

As I’ve said before, the difference between our best and our worst borders on criminality.

Anyone know why Maddison does the wrist kissing with what looks like a black lace before pointing to the sky???

I missed the first 15 minutes, but we're just taking them apart. Don't know if this is the way they started but it's looking like the tight left back/flying right back kind of four at the back that allowed Castagne to get off to such a flier at the start of the season. Justin is simply outstanding, Maddison is looking back to his best. This could turn out to be a real match to remember

Happy with that. They had a couple of early, good chances that, if taken, would have changed things but since then they've been pegged back. It seems the Justin/Albrighton switch did the trick.

As much as I like Perez (and I do), I would like to see him release the ball a bit sooner. He's a gifted ball player but has a tendency to want too long on the ball. A couple of times, he's run himself into wall. That said, he is contributing.

I thought Vardy's goal might have been adjudged offside. It was close. Lovely finish from Madison, hopefully that'll add to his confidence.

Nice to see us do something different with corners too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566