Pre Match Leicester v Burnley

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you go to a football match to get release from stress then I think you need to make a new choice. You speak as though we have a right to be challenging for promotion, we don't. We have been an average club for a long time, to expect differently when we keep doing the same thing (sack manager, replace squad, repeat) is just insanity. We aren't bigger and better than we have been, that arrogance puts you in the same bracket as the "we once won in Europe" Forest fans and the "we're a huge club in Europe" Liverpool fans.

Not really. If you have the biggest bankroll in the division, you should be competing at the top. It might not happen overnight but it should happen eventually and with this being our 3rd season with wealthy owners, improvements should be happening by now.

I agree continually sacking the manager and replacing them with a manager who wants to replace the entire squad makes it almost impossible to do so. However, sacking a manager doesn't mean that the entire squad has to go and you need to start afresh. Pearson wanted it that way, but it's not a necessity. IF Pearson does get the push, (and I'm not saying he will or should) a replacement needs to be found who can work with what we've got and make a few minor adjustments. O'Neill did it at Sunderland, Redknapp did it at Spurs. It's not impossible to do. Constantly going back to the drawing board and starting from square one will never work.

Not really. If you have the biggest bankroll in the division, you should be competing at the top. It might not happen overnight but it should happen eventually and with this being our 3rd season with wealthy owners, improvements should be happening by now.

I agree continually sacking the manager and replacing them with a manager who wants to replace the entire squad makes it almost impossible to do so. However, sacking a manager doesn't mean that the entire squad has to go and you need to start afresh. Pearson wanted it that way, but it's not a necessity. IF Pearson does get the push, (and I'm not saying he will or should) a replacement needs to be found who can work with what we've got and make a few minor adjustments. O'Neill did it at Sunderland, Redknapp did it at Spurs. It's not impossible to do. Constantly going back to the drawing board and starting from square one will never work.

Redknap spent huge at Spurs, more than everyone except Man City I believe. Very few managers take in a team and don't change it, especially with the money available.

We also aren't the only club with money. Cardif, Forest, Brum (until this season), Blackburn, Ipswich, Derby, Middlesborough have all spent big. Bolton and Wolves still have Premier League squads. We are just one of many, but none of the above change their manager every season.

Redknap spent huge at Spurs, more than everyone except Man City I believe. Very few managers take in a team and don't change it, especially with the money available.

We also aren't the only club with money. Cardif, Forest, Brum (until this season), Blackburn, Ipswich, Derby, Middlesborough have all spent big. Bolton and Wolves still have Premier League squads. We are just one of many, but none of the above change their manager every season.

Yes he did but my point is hen he arrived, he had an immediate effect on the squad and got them performing better and climbing the table. Spending money later on is irrelevant. Especially when he spent it well.

Schmeichel

Moore
St Ledger
Morgan
Konchesky

Danns
King
James

Marshall
Vardy
Knockaert

Schmeichel

Peltier
Mills
Bamba
Kennedy

Marshall
Danns
Drinkwater
Knockeart

Beckford
Futacs

Who would you replace him with? Schlupp? A striker who looked average there in one substitute appearance this season? Same as Moore ar RB. The end of the Blackpool game was more nerve wracking than at any point against Wolves, goals against excluded.

Come on, Schlupp was way more than average, in fact I thought he was excellent for his time, and I think many others would too.

Last edited:

I'm so utterly desperate for NP to click because another change means writing off the season.

I agree with you Kingy in not wanting another change.

Perhaps some of the doom and gloom comes from people seeing the Wolves match on TV - fortunately or not I did not see the match so cannot comment on that performance.

"Writing off the season" seems to me a negative way of looking at football. If I had been one of the admirable minority who go to the away matches I would have been unhappy with the way the season has gone. However, like many fans I have seen Leicester play four times. Once they played badly with a team that was not the first XI. Three times I have seen them win including against one of the best teams in the league. So far I have enjoyed it.

It would be very nice to get promotion but I don't think it will happen with this side and it is not my priority. I want to enjoy the match and if the game against Burnley is as good as against Peterborough or Blackpool I will be well pleased.

It would be very nice to get promotion but I don't think it will happen with this side and it is not my priority. I want to enjoy the match and if the game against Burnley is as good as against Peterborough or Blackpool I will be well pleased.

I wish I could agree with you on this even though you are making some sense to me. I just don't think that our Thai owners who have lent us some dosh will be thinking the same way. I will never write off a season though.

I watched the game and it was the first time I have seen Leicester this season (I live a little far away) we played well in parts and shouldn't have lost. I see it that Pearson made mistakes with team selection. The reasons for this I don't know but I can imagine the individuals I see as better players are not deserving of their place in the team. This must be through attitude and effort on the training pitch. It's up to Pearson to motivate them or take action to sort this mess out. The starting eleven he picked against Wolves was not good enough considering the amount of money we have spent recently.

Please will someone talk about KFC burgers or spliffs or quantum dynamics? I bloody hate this boring bollocks about football.

...for the Burnley game id move Moore to rb and bring in Zak or SSL Konch for Dyer Beks for Nugent, my outlook is as always positive 3-0 foxes Beks2 Vardy

eh?

I agree with you Kingy in not wanting another change.

Perhaps some of the doom and gloom comes from people seeing the Wolves match on TV - fortunately or not I did not see the match so cannot comment on that performance.

I don't think the performance has got any bearing on it. What has pissed me off is that we lost. End of. Had we have put in a shite performance and got 3 points I would be over the moon. Performances don't get you promoted, Points do that.

I think this team/squad has every chance of getting us promoted. Unfortunately the manager hasn't and, whilst I'm not saying we should be setting the managerial merry go round spinning again, if we want promotion it may be the only option.

changing the manager is not the ONLY option! hasnt worked in previous 2 seasons, im not a 100% believer in NP but wouldnt want a mid season change again, imo things could change easily and quickly ie defence must keep concentration and the strikers must convert some of the chances. its up to the players to start converting promising performances to 3 point outcomes, starting with Burnley

That's all well and good if you've discovered how to live forever. Unfortunately, I haven't and I am among the generation witnessing our worst run of seasons in history.

And quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of it. There is also no reason for it. The standard in the Championship is dreadful, the standard in the bottom half of the Premier League is poor, we've got money, we've got the players, we've got the stadium, training facilities and support.

I'm sick of underachievers wasting my time. I'm quite capable of separating football from real life but, for many, football is more significant than you are insinuating. A lot of the time, like many others, I have a challenging and difficult life. Football is supposed to be one of few releases from that. I don't expect us to be world beaters, but we're bigger and better than the shite we've been served up for the last decade.

I know it is for me but you know my favourite part of it? Going down with my family and my mate, DD from here and we have a laugh. Win, lose or draw. That's what it's all about. Being social and enjoying the direct company.

If it was about success, I would getting the armchair ready for Real v Man City tonight. I'd love us to do well cos then we go Wembley, big cities in the Premier or maybe even European adventures. But if I don't I know I will still have a laugh. If we were to be playing in Blue Square North, the sentiment would still be the same.

The comments regarding the club are frankly delusional. Football is a sport thereby it contains risks and is pretty much cyclical. The way you have picked it apart is rather Football Manager esque....if A and B are good, then that must equal success!

Last edited:
changing the manager is not the ONLY option! hasnt worked in previous 2 seasons, im not a 100% believer in NP but wouldnt want a mid season change again, imo things could change easily and quickly ie defence must keep concentration and the strikers must convert some of the chances. its up to the players to start converting promising performances to 3 point outcomes, starting with Burnley

I'm not a great advocate of change either but for how long have we been saying about the defence improving and the strikers taking their chances? We spent most of last season saying we're not consistent, we're not scoring enough and just when it seems we have the defence reasonably settled, he goes and dismantles it. How long do we have to wait to get the problems ironed out? That could be that time it takes to drop us into the bottom three and we all know how difficult it is to get out of that particular zone.

I know it is for me but you know my favourite part of it? Going down with my family and my mate, DD from here and we have a laugh. Win, lose or draw. That's what it's all about. Being social and enjoying the direct company.
Same here with me. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't best pleased leaving the ground on Sunday, but a couple of pints and a bit of banter later and things ain't so bad. And there's always a bracing day out in Middlesbrough in a couple of weeks to look forward to.

I'm not a great advocate of change either but for how long have we been saying about the defence improving and the strikers taking their chances? We spent most of last season saying we're not consistent, we're not scoring enough and just when it seems we have the defence reasonably settled, he goes and dismantles it. How long do we have to wait to get the problems ironed out? That could be that time it takes to drop us into the bottom three and we all know how difficult it is to get out of that particular zone.

That could happen tonight

.......The comments regarding the club are frankly delusional. Football is a sport thereby it contains risks and is pretty much cyclical. The way you have picked it apart is rather Football Manager esque....if A and B are good, then that must equal success!

Of course, success cannot be guaranteed, but Manchester United have a good manager, spend a lot of money and, would you bet against them being there, or thereabouts, as League and European champions? I am not suggesting that we are in the same universe as that, but money does count in football. The fact that money can also be frittered away, does not make it valueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669