Pre Match Leicester v Burnley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must win!Take a look.The train starting to leave the station.I am not sure that your driver has noticed.

Must win!Take a look.The train starting to leave the station.I am not sure that your driver has noticed.

How can the train set off without its driver?

The Hull City driver(Steve)
The Lessesta driver(temporary I believe) doesn"t seem to have gotten himself ready yet
Did Thomas Hardy have to explain to people what he was getting at?
Try to keep up teddy

The Hull City driver(Steve)
The Lessesta driver(temporary I believe) doesn"t seem to have gotten himself ready yet
Did Thomas Hardy have to explain to people what he was getting at?
Try to keep up teddy

Wibble wibble woo woo waaaaa wee.

*Maybe it only understands incoherent bollocks*

Falling away from the pack...How many years in a row have Arsenal qualified for the Champions League?

How any times have they won it? Arsenal sit in a better position than Liverpool but only just. Do you really think Arsenal have a squad of players that can stand up to the likes of Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea? They've lost their most influential players because they didn't make the necessary investments in their squad despite having the finances to do so. No one was saying they had to break the bank but time after time Wenger failed to address issues in key areas of their squad and the club has paid for it. This season will be a pivotal one for them. Arsenal haven't won a trophy now for over 7 years and in the past 3 years they've grown weaker and weaker. Okay they've made decent signings in Cazorla and Podolski in the summer, but with the loss of Van Persie and Song, it's nigh on impossible to say that as a team they have moved forward. They are treading water and that's about it, whilst the teams ahead of them widen the gap. Arsenal are no longer realistic contenders for the league title any more and that's why they are falling away.

I mentioned the European Cup wins. Their performance in recent years is nothing compared to their 80s domination. Now is their downtime. The cycle is on it's way down. They've spent and spent and can't get anywhere near their 1980s side.

I agree with you there, but I wouldn't say success has totally halted. It's definitely on another decline but it's nowhere near the drought they had in the 90's. I've actually called our own club the Liverpool of the Championship, as in we've spent so much and moved no further forward in recent seasons and I can't see why any manager would want to go there. In terms of winning trophies though, they are still more successful than Arsenal ad more successful than they have been during times post 80's dominance.

Falling away from the pack...How many years in a row have Arsenal qualified for the Champions League?

Qualifying for the competition 14 times in a row is all well and good. But qualifying for that many and never winning it is actually a record.

Qualifying for the competition 14 times in a row is all well and good. But qualifying for that many and never winning it is actually a record.

It's actually 15.

And while some of what you say is true, Arsenal haven't moved backwards despite the losses of Van Persie and Song. The former is irreplaceable yes, but when you bring in players like Cazorla (who is f*cking superb) and Podolski you are well on your way to filling in the gaps. Song was no great loss. Diaby is back and Wilshere isn't too far - it's not looking too bad for Arsenal.

They can't compete with Manchester City or Chelsea but they do a good job with what they have.

And back on topic, I've just read some quotes from Steve Kean about last night's win over Barnsley. He said they didn't play well, which is exactly what happened against us. Yet they have walked away with six points from those two matches.

That is the difference. Yes you need the quality but sometimes you just need things to go your way. We aren't doing ourselves too many favours at the moment but we're also not getting the rub of the green. What's wrong with a bit of patience anyway?

Just got my ticket for Sunday.
I wondered if anyone would like to meet up before the match for a nice espresso?
Is there a cafe bar near the stadium?

im sick of teams being lucky or playing crap and winning while we do the opposite, oh for a game we "grind out a win"

I agree that we are a good side. I don't however buy into the luck argument (over a number of games you make your own really), I think it is more the case that we are poor in the final third.

lets hope the game is better than usual dour match when we play Burnley at the KP, and a first half goal woulde be nice

Just got my ticket for Sunday.
I wondered if anyone would like to meet up before the match for a nice espresso?
Is there a cafe bar near the stadium?

There's a place called The Last Plantaganent (named after Richard III, I believe) about 200 metres from the train station. Quite a swanky place so there's no worries about away colours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669