Pre Match Leicester v Chelsea League Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

Ideal opportunity to rest a few key players and give some fringe players a chance to impress. I would expect a decent team to be picked and hopefully a chance to see Kapuska play. Not sure on Mendys injury but if available he should get some game time. I would imagine Chelsea will field a weakened team, not a match of great priority but a chance to put dangerous opposition out , i think we can win this , 2-1 Ulloa Gray

Zieler

Benny (doubtful)
Hernandez
Was
Chilwell

Kapustska
King
Mendy
Gray

Leo/Okazaki
Musa

Zieler
E Moore Hernandez Wasilewski Chilwell
King James
Gray Okazaki Kapustka
Musa

Subs Hamer Schlupp Ulloa Ndukwu Vardy Drinkwater Amartey

Are Mendy and/or James ready for this? If so I'd play both.

Zieler

Amartey (have we got another back up right back?)
Hernandez
Wasil
Chilwell

Gray
James
Mendy
Schlupp

Okazaki
Musa

Tough choice between Shinji or Ulloa but I'd go for Shinji. If Chelsea play Kante, then Shinji is more likely to put him under pressure and keep him busy to free up space for other players.

I think we'll see Schlupp instead of Kapustka but who knows

I'd play James too if he were fit - don't think he is though.

James is injured.

Zieler.

Chilwell
Wasilewski
Hernandez
Benalouane

Schlupp
King
Mendy
Gray

Musa
Ulloa

Tough choice between Shinji or Ulloa but I'd go for Shinji. If Chelsea play Kante, then Shinji is more likely to put him under pressure and keep him busy to free up space for other players.
Talking of Kante - seen him play twice on the TV - he looks good, as you would expect, but certainly not the exceptional, brilliant standard of performances that he delivered when he played for us - I wonder if Chelsea fans still think they got a bargin?

Just an idea to try 4-3-3 as well as a few different players

Zieler

Albrighton*
Hernandez
Wasilewski
Chilwell

Amartey* (*swop these 2 over @half time or during the game)
King
Schlupp or Mendy (whoever is fit)

Gray
Musa
Kapustka or Okazaki

Subs
Hamer
Huth or Morgan
Vardy
Mahrez
Slimani
Ulloa
Okazaki or Kapustka

I've gone for speed up front but with height on the bench should it be needed. Also if 4-3-3 is not working there's facility in the team/subs to go to 4-4-2

Talking of Kante - seen him play twice on the TV - he looks good, as you would expect, but certainly not the exceptional, brilliant standard of performances that he delivered when he played for us - I wonder if Chelsea fans still think they got a bargin?

The ones I've spoken to do. They think he's their best player.

Can afford to mix things up here. This is probably the least important competition the first team are involved in this season so a good time to give a start to Chilwell, Musa, Gray and Kapustka. Squads posted in this thread show we do have a bit of strength in depth, particularly in the forward and wide positions.

James should never play for the first team again in anything other than that Checktrade nonsense.

Might be a good opportunity to have a look at Elliot Moore and Kaputska ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566