Pre Match Leicester v Chelsea League Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Mendy or Schmeichel. Benalouane is available.
I was just going to post the same thing. From the Beeb, quoting Ranieri:

"Ron Robert Zieler make a very good match [against Burnley]. I continue with him. I think Schmeichel is ready for the weekend.

"Danny Simpson is good. After the first match, he’s good. He could play. Nampalys Mendy is not ready for tomorrow. He start to make training session but he’s not ready. I’m thinking also of Yohan Benalouane tomorrow. He’s ready."

I believe that Schmeichel couldn't play anyway regardless of how good a match Zieler made, because (as far as I understand it), he can't play for six days following the concussion.

Nice to see Benny brought back into the fray - means we can rest Amartey along with the other normal starters you'd think.

Benny, Wasy, Hernandez and Chilwell back 4?

I went to the shop for a ticket for the Chelsea game and was on the end of a long queue. As I have done before I mentioned to a passing member of staff that it would be nice if there could be a seat for those who find it difficult to stand for a long time. My suggestion was met by the bored young lady with a "Yes but" attitude - looking for reasons why it would not work. Finally she said she would pass on my suggestion while making it clear she would not go to the bother.
Having said that the young lady who actually served me was really nice.

James should never play for the first team again in anything other than that Checktrade nonsense.

Londonfox perhaps phrased it a bity harshly but generally I agree. Even if James is back to his best form he is an adequate Premier League player and no more. We have moved on. Judging from our performances against Swansea and Burnley we are now a top half side and an outside bet for top four.

Might be a good opportunity to have a look at Elliot Moore and Kaputska

I am also hoping to see Kaputska. Clearly I have missed something as I have never heard of Elliot Moore.

Hopefully not Stefan.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bobby

Londonfox perhaps phrased it a bity harshly but generally I agree. Even if James is back to his best form he is an adequate Premier League player and no more. We have moved on. Judging from our performances against Swansea and Burnley we are now a top half side and an outside bet for top four.

Most of our players looked like that, that season. DD, Vardy, Morgan, Schmeichel, et al, were all part of the team that struggled in 14/15, until the last 9 matches. Look how they developed last season.

I'm not suggesting James would have done the same, but surely it's foolish to write him off, without giving him that chance?

Keen to see some of our squad players step in and step up.

Back on the Matty James debate, he was a great player for us when playing regularly. I saw him being a regular fixture in our team for some time.

I always wondered what influence his injury had in convincing Ranieri to spend money on Kante.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669