Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an idea to try 4-3-3 as well as a few different players

Zieler

Albrighton*
Hernandez
Wasilewski
Chilwell

Amartey* (*swop these 2 over @half time or during the game)
King
Schlupp or Mendy (whoever is fit)

Gray
Musa
Kapustka or Okazaki

Subs
Hamer
Huth or Morgan
Vardy
Mahrez
Slimani
Ulloa
Okazaki or Kapustka

I've gone for speed up front but with height on the bench should it be needed. Also if 4-3-3 is not working there's facility in the team/subs to go to 4-4-2

Yeah, right 'coz Vardy, Mahrez, Okazaki amd Slimani are all 6' 3"+ aren't they!? You gonna bring Huth or Hamer on alongside Ulloa then?

I always rated James, in fact I'd go as far to say that I'd put him above Drinkwater in the last season they played together.

Because he is not good enough (unless he has drastically improved from when he last played for us).

He was excellent the last time he strung any games together for us.

Another troll?

Couldn't you just say you disagree and state why or simply ignore if that's how you feel. He has a right to state his opinion even if it is wrong.

Matty James seems to have become a worse player in many people's eyes while he's been injured...

He was great for us in the Championship and excellent alongside Cambiasso during the great escape. And he's still only about 23 isn't he? I'll be excited to see him back in the team - hopefully he can come back. Might need a loan move to get some match fitness though.

Because he is not good enough (unless he has drastically improved from when he last played for us).
Did you watch him play, when he last played for us?

Fitness and injuries may stop him playing for us again, but he was playing pretty well before he got injured, well enough to keep DD out of the team, anyway. I'm not saying he will get back in, as I think DD has progressed magnificently, but it's harsh in the extreme to suggest he wasn't playing well for us before his injury.

Have to agree with triple P on this, James was a more than useful midfielder. I do wonder what would have happened to DD if James's injuries hadn't come along . No one wants to see any player progress at a team mates misfortune but these guys are professionals and DD took his chance and it will now be very difficult to dislodge him from the side, he is without doubt playing the best football of his life and long may it continue.

James was the star of our midfield last season - unlike Cambiasso who was a completely useless duffer.

Seriously though, I like him as a player. But his injury situation does seem to have a bit of a Stephen Clemence tone to it. I can't see him playing many more games for us, which is a shame.

James was the star of our midfield last season - unlike Cambiasso who was a completely useless duffer.

Seriously though, I like him as a player. But his injury situation does seem to have a bit of a Stephen Clemence tone to it. I can't see him playing many more games for us, which is a shame.

Stephen Clemence got injured all the time.

James is on the way back from a serious injury, but that doesn't mean he's injury prone. Hopefully when he DOES come back he'll be okay...

Does anyone know what's keeping him out at the minute?

James is on the way back from a serious injury, but that doesn't mean he's injury prone. Hopefully when he DOES come back he'll be okay...

An injury.

He recovered from that injury ten months ago. I'd suggest that he is the very definition of injury prone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669