Pre Match Leicester V Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

camberwell fox

I thought I might start this thread early.

The Champions elect verses the 'Great Escape' team. Two trains of thought on this one:

1) Put out a weakened side and concede with a possibly bigger game on Saturday verses Newcastle.

2) Go for it.

This could see Chelsea crowned as champions should other results fall their way. If we win this it would be five wins on the spin and we haven't done this since pre 1966 (I'm sure someone knows the date of the previous run of five straight wins ((in one season Bob)) should it have occurred.

Personally I believe we should go for it as momentum is key.

A "free" game as far as I'm concerned.

Anything but a full strength team would be stupid. It's only 3 games in 8 days.

I thought I might start this thread early.

The Champions elect verses the 'Great Escape' team. Two trains of thought on this one:

1) Put out a weakened side and concede with a possibly bigger game on Saturday verses Newcastle.

2) Go for it.

This could see Chelsea crowned as champions should other results fall their way. If we win this it would be five wins on the spin and we haven't done this since pre 1966 (I'm sure someone knows the date of the previous run of five straight wins ((in one season Bob)) should it have occurred.

Personally I believe we should go for it as momentum is key.

A "free" game as far as I'm concerned.

GD could prove key, go for it and if we lose aim to keep it as tight as possible.

Agree with City Fan.

Confidence is high and we're riding a wave of momentum right now - disrupting the team, inviting defeat and throwing a game would ruin that.... and be absolutely ridiculous. We're still in need of points - we have to try and get them wherever we can. Chelsea aren't an unstoppable force. We could get a point. It's unlikely, but it's definitely not worth giving up on before we've even kicked a ball.

I feel like this game is a bit of 'freebie' after the the 4 wins, particularly today's. I think the pressure is off a bit for this one as it's not one we'll be counting on for points, so hopefully the players can just go for it and try and get something.

If there's a point in ever thinking a game is a given loss and therefore not worth fielding a winning side for then I've no idea what it is.

We need points, got to go for it. We don't have a game in hand over Sunderland and Hull who are now our main rivals.

The way Newcastle are playing right now, I don't think the lads need to be rested to face them.

Great, I've started the previous 3 match threads. Tut tut tut

Last edited:
It was only 2 seasons ago we were 2nd in the Championship at the end of January, then we stuck out a weakened team against Huddersfield in the cup and lost and then went on that horrific run which not only cost us automatic promotion but saw us only scrape the play-offs on the last day too as a result.

You play your strongest side when you've got momentum. Resting players is just as likely to backfire.

Mr Predictor said away win, but he can't get everything right, surely ?

(I'm sure someone knows the date of the previous run of five straight wins ((in one season Bob)) should it have occurred.

As I have already said, it has never previously happened in the Premier League. I haven't checked, but I think you have to go back to 1963/64 to find us doing such a run in the old First Division. If you then go back to 62/63 you will then find a sequence of SEVEN victories, so still something else to aim for even after we beat Chelsea.

we need Schlupp back in for Konchesky and either Nugent or Kramaric back in for Drinkwater imo, Chelsea aren't playing well at the moment so we have a good chance to beat them

:icon_lol: I was waiting for this.

And no doubt it we don't beat Chelsea, he'll claim it's because he didn't start the Pre Match Thread...completely forgetting who the opposition is!

Not wanting to say anything against playing the strongest team but we have to play only those fit enough and no one carrying an injury or have sufficient bookings to be in danger of suspension.
Also we need to make full use of the bench, although in recent games Nigel seems to have got that usually spot on.

Mahrez to start perhaps as he should be fully ready to go having not played yesterday. Perhaps the only one I might rest is Vardy as we need him fully fit for the Newcastle game as he'll do better against them.

I think it might be wise to rest Cambiasso, though that's probably suicide.

Rest NOONE. We've had 1 game a week for the last month....Vardy is the man most likely to lead the charge on the break and draw fouls from Cahill and terry on the turn. Stick someone on hazard and other than that look to play just as we've done recently. A win or point would be massive. QPR dragged them to the last minute and they are shit....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669