Pre Match Leicester V Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vardy, Konch and Cambiasso out, assuming both Vardy (foot) and Cambi can't play 3 full games in a week.

Otherwise no reason we can't match them. They'll park the bus again, which won't suit us, but I think if we try and invite them forward we may have a chance. They were dire away at QPR, and not that creative today either.

De Laet to chase Hazard around. Big Was riding shotgun for him with the simple instruction 'Hazard shall not pass'.

Balls into the channels behind their slow ageing backs for Schlupp, Nugent or Kramaric to chase.

Even if he needs a zimmer frame, Cambioasso should be on the field making the plays. He is genuinely our equivalent of a quarterback. He knows what the opposition players are going to do before they know themselves!

Let King do the chasing around in midfield.

If they are fit Hammond and Upson are wise heads that can disrupt Chelsea.

Just because they are top does not mean we cannot beat them, and it is no disgrace to lose to the champions.

I cannot see any of the players who have featured in the last 4 wins asking Nigel for the evening off, whether they injured or not!

Vardy will just ask for another injection, or bribe the physio for one.

De Laet to chase Hazard around. Big Was riding shotgun for him with the simple instruction 'Hazard shall not pass'.

Balls into the channels behind their slow ageing backs for Schlupp, Nugent or Kramaric to chase.

Even if he needs a zimmer frame, Cambioasso should be on the field making the plays. He is genuinely our equivalent of a quarterback. He knows what the opposition players are going to do before they know themselves!

Let King do the chasing around in midfield.

If they are fit Hammond and Upson are wise heads that can disrupt Chelsea.

Just because they are top does not mean we cannot beat them, and it is no disgrace to lose to the champions.

I cannot see any of the players who have featured in the last 4 wins asking Nigel for the evening off, whether they injured or not!

Vardy will just ask for another injection, or bribe the physio for one.

--------KS--------
------Upson------
-----RDL Was---
Hammond Cambiasso
---------King-----
Nugent Kramaric Vardy Schlupp

:102:

:icon_lol:

Play every single striker we have, including yoooof plaerz

Would make it a more entertaining game than I suspect it's going to be

Agreed, It's got the possibility of being a right shit fest.

Pearson suggesting he might rest players.

Certainly Vardy, Schlupp and Nugent seem unlikely. Wouldn't be surprised to see Cambiasso have a breather too (though I bet he's dying to play against these).

Secure safety and then rest players.

Anything else is suicidal.

Kasper
De Last, Huth, Was, Konchesky
Mahrez, James, King, Hammond, Knockeart
Kramaric

So you'd drop Albrighton and play Knockaert?

Yea but you have to remember our current fleet of top level professional athletes will void the warranty if used more than twice in 7 days.

It's probably wise to be tactical about these fixtures. Irrespective of how well we're doing at the moment, Chelsea are miles better than us. We could battle like warriors and we'd still probably get beaten. So why compromise our chances against Newcastle?

I'd rest Cambiasso and Vardy. Both wouldn't be able to give three full on performances against both Chelsea and Newcastle and the latter match is the one we have to target for a win. I'd also rest Huth as our most important defender for the run in.

In addition, I wouldn't even think about playing anyone that has been struggling, i.e. Nugent and Schlupp. I'd also leave out Ulloa who never seems to handle three game weeks very well and is clearly struggling with his back. I'd also expect to see Drinkwater miss this one as he seemed to injure his back yesterday.

Given all that, I would then set a team out to try to make it as hard for Chelsea to beat us as possible. I'd strongly consider doing a man to man job on Hazard given that half Chelsea's goals come from him directly or indirectly. Maybe Hammond?

I'd do something like this:

Schmeichel

Simpson Wasyl Morgan Konchesky

King Hammond James

Albrighton Kramaric Mahrez

Let's not bother even turning up shall we? As we're going to get beat regardless of the team we put out.

I hope our players aren't as defeatist as some of you lot.

Is there any way we can ring the FA and claim a mystery virus has spread through the camp and ask about the possibility of just awarding chelsea the three points?

Is there any way we can ring the FA and claim a mystery virus has spread through the camp and ask about the possibility of just awarding chelsea the three points?
I guess you'll just need their phone number to do that.

Vardy could/should tear the Newcastle center backs apart. There crap and slow. Anything that means he's not 100% fit for that game, for me, seems he should be rested.

I also think Kramaric has to play. After not going there in the transfer window surely he'd be up for showing then what they could have won.

I'd play 4-4-2;

Schmeichel

De Leat Huth Morgan Konchesky

Albrighton King Cambo Mahrez

Kramaric Ulloa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690