Pre Match Leicester V Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of the London branch struggling to get home post game, due to the lack of public transport etc

I'm heading back to West London straight after the match.

So you'd drop Albrighton and play Knockaert?

Who said drop?

I do not believe that line-up to be our best, it was posted as an example of the sort of team we could field while resting some key players.

Personally the only player I think might benefit from a rest is Cambiasso, other than that it's down to injuries, and I would be inclined to leave out anyone who is nursing an injury.

These are very fit professional athletes. I am sure their conditioning allows them to be able to run around for more than 90 minutes a week!

I am certain that Nigel will field his strongest, fit team.

They are playing every game like a cup final.

They will know that if the Gods are finally smiling on them, then an upset might be possible.

I cannot think of anyone, who could be selected, knocking on Nigel's door 'Bit tired Guv, can I skip the Chelsea game please?'.

Top players, managed by the best managers get rested all the time.

Of course they should be capable of playing 3 times in a week, but to expect their energy to be 100% for all 3 is unreasonable IMO. Especially the older ones.

I agree with his assessment. If we include players like Kramaric, Mahrez, Upson, is that really a "weakened" team?

I agree with his assessment. If we include players like Kramaric, Mahrez, Upson, is that really a "weakened" team?

the wily jose already covered this potential issue with his comments re our squad strength. 'two players for each position'. he aint stupid

Kasper

De Laet Morgan Huth Konchesky

Drinky King James

Mahrez Kramaric Albrighton

Caution taken with Nugent, Vardy, Cambiasso, Ulloa, Schlupp...but hardly a "weakened" team.

All the headlines suggest 'Nigel Pearson won't play weakened side' when in fact everything he said points to changes in personnel.

Was that the game that Junior Lewis had a storming game and we all thought Taylor had found a bargain?
Maybe. Either that or the game against L'pool a few weeks later. Or both.

Guppy to cut inside and curl one in

Might as well try and win it. Sitting back for 90 mins is a muppet's game and even if we did Chelsea would still beat us. Would like to see the likes of Vardy and Schlupp running at the full backs. If Vardy's knock is a concern, best rest him and hope to have him back for Newcastle as it's the more important game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669