Pre Match Leicester v Fulham (league cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

A game thats kind od a distraction from the important games but nevertheless a chance to get nearer Wembley and to test us against Prem opposition Whatever team tey select it will be tough test and i expect us to rest at least Nugent and King possibly a defender to, which would allow Wood Hammond and maybe Miguel 90 miniutes. Awin would boost the clubs profile and increase confidence even more. Id sooner have 3pts/vWatford but what the hell its a free bonus fixture lets beat em, possibly 2-1 Wood Knocky

I know a lot of people weren't enamoured with this draw, but I think its a good one for us and comes at a good time

Fulham are in poor form and we're doing well, so it's a good chance to do well against a Premier League club. Would be a great confidence boost for the squad. If we do lose, it's against a Premier League club so wouldn't be too much of a blow.

I think we have a good chance of progressing though so I'm looking forward to this one - shame it's not on TV!

I'd freshen things up, give, Wasilewski, Dyer, King, Konch, Knocky and Vardy a rest

860588_Leicester_City.jpg

I don't think Bakayogo will be on show again this season!

absolutely nothing to lose; if we win, a game in q/finals and likely to be on Sky. Lose, not too much of a worry.

I don't think Bakayogo will be on show again this season!

absolutely nothing to lose; if we win, a game in q/finals and likely to be on Sky. Lose, not too much of a worry.

exactly why we should play him, we might need him and play him again in a game that only half matters to try and let him build some confidence

I'd freshen things up, give, Wasilewski, Dyer, King, Konch, Knocky and Vardy a rest

860588_Leicester_City.jpg

I quite like your midfield and front 3 line up. However I disagree with Bakayogo's inclusion and I don't understand whu you feel Wasileski needs a rest, he's hardly played and surely would benefit from games at the moment.

I quite like your midfield and front 3 line up. However I disagree with Bakayogo's inclusion and I don't understand whu you feel Wasileski needs a rest, he's hardly played and surely would benefit from games at the moment.

that's why, fatigue is a bigger factor when you haven't played in a long time, Bakayogo needs to play in case he's needed later in the season, he is better then he showed against Derby

I think we should play as strong a team as possible and really have a go at Fulham. I really hope we can advance to the last eight as it just fuels the confidence levels and also boosts revenue. Come on Leicester, let's av' it.

that's why, fatigue is a bigger factor when you haven't played in a long time, Bakayogo needs to play in case he's needed later in the season, he is better then he showed against Derby

I fail to see what you think Bakayogo can offer. No confidence, playing well out of his depth. Don't risk it in a game where we can win and progress. A loan signing or schlupp can be used there later in the season. A game now won't help fitness or ability in a few months time

or maybe the Derby performance was just a bad game... I thought it was just FoxesTalk that wrote a player off after just a handful of games.

And Schlupp is a striker he should NEVER be used at left back unless there is literally no other option

I think we should play as strong a team as possible and really have a go at Fulham. I really hope we can advance to the last eight as it just fuels the confidence levels and also boosts revenue. Come on Leicester, let's av' it.

I pretty much agree... I'd make a couple of changes with players who are on the brink of the first time but not wholesale changes or players that aren't realistically going to break into the first 11 anytime soon - so basically, I think Wood should play. Maybe Schlupp. Maybe rest Morgan. That's about it.

Dyer has to start for me... in my head I've got it that he always seems to be one that steps up and plays really well in these types of games.

My guess is that they'll play a strong side as they are under some pressure that would be aided by a cup run and worsened by losing to lower league opposition.

If they do put out a strong side, we need to do the same. At the same time, we have a more important match on Saturday lunchtime and some of our most used players could do with sitting on the bench. Playing the likes of Bakayogo or Schlupp based on recent performances would be handing the tie to Fulham.

I'd match them up with a 4-2-3-1: Schmeichel, St. Ledger, Wasilewski, Miguel, Konchesky, Hammond, James, Knockaert, Taylor-Fletcher, Dyer, Wood

Rest Nugent for Wood, keep the same team, get in to 'em...

Probably best not to put out players needing confidence against Premiership quality.

Does anyone else feel a degree of sadness as to how little interest there is in this fixture?

Towards the end of the last century we dominated this competition and for those of us fortunate to have been round then it gave us some of our most positive memories of being a Leicester fan.

Now we're talking about resting some of our best players whereas then it was only the top 4/5 teams who did that?

Seems inevitable that this competition will dissappear in the next few years...

Does anyone else feel a degree of sadness as to how little interest there is in this fixture?

Towards the end of the last century we dominated this competition and for those of us fortunate to have been round then it gave us some of our most positive memories of being a Leicester fan.

Now we're talking about resting some of our best players whereas then it was only the top 4/5 teams who did that?

Seems inevitable that this competition will dissappear in the next few years...

I think its because we were in the premiership then. That's obviously are biggest goal at the moment.

I think its because we were in the premiership then. That's obviously are biggest goal at the moment.

Apparently losing week in week out to the likes of Chelsea is more of a draw than beating most teams in the championship

Apparently losing week in week out to the likes of Chelsea is more of a draw than beating most teams in the championship

So what do you want?

Do you want us to beat most teams in The Championship but not get promoted - finish third every year and lose in the play-offs every time?

I want to see us playing against the best teams and being competitive - I've seen us win at Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge and Anfield so why not again?

Clubs no bigger than us have had good runs in The Prem so why can't we?

I would sooner see us play Man Utd and Chelsea than Bournemouth and Huddersfield...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566