Pre Match Leicester v Fulham (league cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd have us play a strong team and have a go at them. There's no reason however, that a team shouldn't contain hammond, wood, james, schlupp or Miquel as they are almost always in our matchday sixteen and good enough to play.
I'd personally play this team as tactically i think the tighter we keep it in the first 60 mins the more chance we'll have of hitting them when they open up and search for their much needed win.

Kasper
Moore Was Wes Konch
Hammond
Drink James
Knock Wood Schlupp

I'd bring Nuge, Vardy, King, Dyer on if needed at 60mins to pick them off on the break when they go in search of a goal..Schlupp and Knockaert vs Riether and Richardson wont be the sort of mismatch you'd expect between prem and championship! similarly if they play sidwell and karagounis. Only issue i have (which is why i'd play hammond) is berbatov or ruiz sitting in the gaps between midfield and attack, something we are notoriously bad at combatting). I'd have Hammond on either of them shielding the back four.

hope Berbatov plays, he was beyond useless on the MOTD highlights

So what do you want?

Do you want us to beat most teams in The Championship but not get promoted - finish third every year and lose in the play-offs every time?

I want to see us playing against the best teams and being competitive - I've seen us win at Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge and Anfield so why not again?

Clubs no bigger than us have had good runs in The Prem so why can't we?

I would sooner see us play Man Utd and Chelsea than Bournemouth and Huddersfield...

That won't happen though. You know as well as I that Pearson would be gone within a few losses and we'd be booing by Christmas. I just don't see the attraction of the Premier League for fans and if they did break away I'd not mourn it for a second.

Last edited:
So what do you want?

Do you want us to beat most teams in The Championship but not get promoted - finish third every year and lose in the play-offs every time?

I want to see us playing against the best teams and being competitive - I've seen us win at Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge and Anfield so why not again?

Clubs no bigger than us have had good runs in The Prem so why can't we?

I would sooner see us play Man Utd and Chelsea than Bournemouth and Huddersfield...

Completely agree.

I'd love to see us go back up again but only if we are realistic in what we want to do.

If the Premiership was a closed shop then football in this country would be pretty much pointless - pretty bonkers suggestion really.

Would be nice to see a victory tmw though unsure what I would do re team selection. Part of me says play full strength but we really do need to be mixing it up with the squad otherwise we are going to burn out at Christmas or not long after again. I don't think Skitzo is far off really, just put Was in for Wes and that'll do me.

Lets go down to the Conference. Would be much better, then, 'cos we'd beat everybody

Holloway had the right idea, after all

Keith Stroud is the referee. On average he dishes out almost 5 yellow cards a game and a red every 4th game.

Keith Stroud is the referee. On average he dishes out almost 5 yellow cards a game and a red every 4th game.

he issued our first bookings of this season, Whitbread, Moore and Knockhaert against Leeds

Last edited:
Weirdly though a lot of people would seem to prefer to see us be beaten by United than beat Bournemouth.

No, never pitch yourself against the best and strive for the same. Lets play Bournemouth every week, lovely.

Our season in League One was a lot of fun. It was great seeing us score 3 and 4 goals on a regular basis and winning the league at a canter. But I would happily swap that (and what we have now) for the sort of season that Fulham or Stoke have regularly had over the last number of years.

I wonder if Southampton fans would rather be back in League One or the Championship?

To say it is better to be in a lower league and win more games is borderline retarded. Of course you want to play the best teams and test yourself against them. Only that way will the song "we're by far the greatest team..." ever be sang through the vocal chords of honesty and fact.

No, never pitch yourself against the best and strive for the same. Lets play Bournemouth every week, lovely.

Bournemouth are a bit good for that philosophy - we only struggled to a narrow victory, and that's just not enjoyable enough

Far better to drop a league or two, or even more, and then it will be bloody brilliant.

Never, ever, pit your wits against the best, because that's just plain stupid, and not enjoyable in any way

Fair point but I was only using them as a polar opposite to Man U, I could have course gone further and said maybe Sheffield U, or perhaps Accrington, maybe Luton Town or the whole nine fecking yards and rangers.

Last edited:
Nigel should point out that Fulham really do not want to travel to Leicester tomorrow. Their players will want to concentrate on the big match against Man U on Saturday. Our players should "want it" more than Fulham.

Of course we should announce that Wasilewski will be playing and it might be wise for Martin Jol to avoid risking his more valuable players. Discretion is the better part of valour Mr Jol, especially when Marcin is around.

A nice succinct post Gwills. Five stars.

Apparently losing week in week out to the likes of Chelsea is more of a draw than beating most teams in the championship

But we weren't losing week in week out - we had four consecutive top-half Premier League finishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566