Pre Match Leicester v Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Head-to-head

• All five of Liverpool's league and cup defeats under Jurgen Klopp against Leicester have come at King Power Stadium. Only Manchester City, with six wins, have beaten Klopp's Liverpool more often.
  • Leicester won the corresponding home league fixture in each of the past two seasons. Manchester City are the only side to beat Liverpool in three straight top-flight home matches since Klopp took charge.

Leicester City

• The Foxes have the worst record in the division over the past 13 games, with one win and six points.
  • Leicester's tally of 21 league defeats this season is their highest since 1994-95, when they were relegated from the top flight after losing 25 times.
  • A 10th home loss of the season would be the joint-most in their history; it last happened in 1994-95.
  • Leicester have conceded 39 goals in 20 top-flight matches and could go 21 league fixtures without a clean sheet for the first time since April to December 1994.
  • They have lost all eight Premier League games this season against the current top five teams.
  • Dean Smith has lost four of his five Premier League encounters as a manager versus Liverpool - the exception was Aston Villa's 7-2 home victory in October 2020.

Liverpool

• Liverpool have won six successive league matches, including each of the last five by a single-goal margin. They have never won six in a row in that manner.
  • They could suffer a ninth Premier League away defeat in a season for the first time in 11 years.
  • The Reds have conceded 42 Premier League goals this season, equalling their worst defensive record in a full campaign under Jurgen Klopp.
  • Mohamed Salah is one short of reaching 20 league goals for the fifth time in six seasons at Liverpool.
  • Diogo Jota has scored eight goals in 11 appearances versus Leicester in all competitions, though they all came at home.

I hope we play a 1-10 formation so we can get another record and become the first team to play the same formation as the scoreline.

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more

Even if we were to win tonight, I bet we'd then feck it against West Ham.

The sooner we're put out of our misery the better.

Even if we were to win tonight, I bet we'd then feck it against West Ham.

The sooner we're put out of our misery the better.
I reckon we need 7 points from the remaining games and frankly I can't tell you one I think we can win, let alone a second or that we can avoid defeat in the other. I don't think I can watch

I reckon we need 7 points from the remaining games and frankly I can't tell you one I think we can win, let alone a second or that we can avoid defeat in the other. I don't think I can watch

Six points might just be enough. A win tonight and everything looks a lot rosier.*

*We won't win tonight.

Everton have Wolves away and Bournemouth at home, considering they thumped Brighton away I'd say Everton are capable of winning both of these fixtures.

Everton have Wolves away and Bournemouth at home, considering they thumped Brighton away I'd say Everton are capable of winning both of these fixtures.
They will

And we could get nine

But we wont, cos we are total shite

And neither will they, cos they are also total shite

You think Leeds or Everton are going to win all their remaining games?
Leeds are irrelevant. Everton, based on recent performances, are likely to win at least one out of the their last two: Wolves (a) and Bournemouth (h). Forest play a despondent Arsenal (h) and a CP side (a) who have nothing to play for. They’ll get at least a draw form one of these if not a win. We have 9 points available to us and must get at least 5 to have a chance based on the aforementioned scenarios. We will get spanked by Newcastle (a) who’ve everything to play for and West Ham (h) won’t matter if we don’t pick up a point tonight against a resurgent Liverpool fighting for a Champions League spot. And yet we still believe that this weak-kneed “team” can do it because fate lies in their own hands - something they’ve failed to grasp over the entirety of this season. I’m becoming mildly concerned at this point.

And yet we still believe that this weak-kneed “team” can do it because fate lies in their own hands - something they’ve failed to grasp over the entirety of this season.
That's the pont innit? Yep, sure, mathematically we can still stay up. Sure, we can hope. We can 'keep the faith'. But there is nothing, repeat nothing, to suggest that this lot have got it in them to do what is needed. Certainly, I'm not expecting us to win tonight, nor next weekend. West Ham depends on how they turn up rather than us, and it'll probably be moot anyway.

The most that For3st or Everton will get to is 36 points IMO.

Past performance is not necessarily indicative of the future at this present moment. For example, who'd have thought Everton would smash Brighton so hard? It defies logic and common sense. I personally won money on that match but that was based on intuition not on logic.

Going forward I believe Everton and For3st will win one match each as a maximum. Which means we need two wins from three matches. But maybe less. We win tonight, half the job done IMO. Big if, obvs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566