Pre Match Leicester v Manchester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we going to get hammered?

Are we going to get hammered?
If we play anything like we’ve played for the first three games of the season, then yes.

If fit and available I'd go....

Schmeichel

Ricardo Vestergaard Soyuncu Bertrand

Soumare Ndidi Tielemans

Lookman Vardy Barnes

We will almost certainly go 5 at the back. I reckon it will probably be:

Schmeichel
Bertrand
Vestergaard
Amartey
Soyuncu
Ricardo
Ndidi
Maddison
Tielemans
Barnes
Vardy

Is Ricardo OK then?

We will almost certainly go 5 at the back. I reckon it will probably be:

Schmeichel
Bertrand
Vestergaard
Amartey
Soyuncu
Ricardo
Ndidi
Maddison
Tielemans
Barnes
Vardy
If we’re going 5 at the back, which I agree we will, then perfect opportunity for last seasons top scorer to start I reckon.

5-3-2, Barnes on the bench.

When we beat them last season we did it playing with pace on the break. Barnes was a big part of that.
Yep. Barnes has to play for this reason. We also need him to play himself back to form.

When we beat them last season we did it playing with pace on the break. Barnes was a big part of that.
Barnes of last season and Barnes of this season so far are miles apart.

Yep. Barnes has to play for this reason. We also need him to play himself back to form.
I get the playing himself back to form bit. But we have three cup games and two relatively easy league matches later this month for that.

If we play 5 at the back, it has to be Nacho for me. If we don’t play him when we go 5 at the back, we may as well sell him.

I missed the Norwich game completely last week so I finally got round to watching it last night.

Barnes should be nowhere near the side to play Man City. He was easily our worst player, despite some strong competition. Nobody played well but Barnes had so many opportunities to progress moves and just messed up every time.

The idiotic Maddison as second striker out of possession and dropping deeper in possession thing just isn't working at all either. Maddison has to be in possession a lot or it is a waste of time him playing. Albrighton was also total shite.

Iheanacho made a massive difference when he came on. He did miss a chance badly in injury time but it was so obvious that he needs to play. Two up front with Iheanacho alongside Vardy is a no-brainer.

Man City don't overlap much any more. They just overfill the space between their opponents defence and midfield. So a formation of 4-3-1-2 makes sense to me. Have Maddison in the free role but he can drop back into midfield too. If we want to be flash, we could also drop Ndidi into the defence if and when needed and Maddison can backfill.

I don't think Ricardo should be risked unless he's 100% and he can't be if his hamstring was tight.

Schemeichel
Castagne Amartey Soyuncu Bertrand
Soumare Ndidi Tielemans
Maddison
Iheanacho Vardy

Lovely of them to say you've got to have had both jabs more than two weeks in advance one week before the game.
Have you read the article?

Lovely of them to say you've got to have had both jabs more than two weeks in advance one week before the game.

People can just lie about having a negative lateral flow test if needed.

Or, now here’s an idea …. Go and have a test on Thursday or Friday. :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469