Pre Match Leicester v Manchester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many games should we give a player? He's been poor three times in a row.

Surely the reason we have a squad of players is to cope with enforced absences and enable the manager to make changes because he thinks it's the right thing to do?

We've spent a lot of money this summer trying to build squad depth. We must learn to rotate and select for the specific match ahead rather than just pick what we perceive as our strongest side and stick with it.

At least, that's what the teams do that finish above us.

In which case we’ll be dropping him, Maddison and Soyuncu on Saturday as they have all been complete pony so far - and maybe Ndidi and Tielemans as well

I really don't see this 'massive difference' Iheanacho made against Norwich. He didn't. We were still just as shit and hanging on for dear life at the end. Despite a comedy miss that you wouldn't expect to see in a Primary School match, he really didn't do too much of note.

Barnes needs to play. He'll get sharper and however shit he was against Norwich, he can be brilliant. Nobody has started the season well. Tielemans has been absolutely awful since game one as has Soyuncu. Ndidi and Maddison not far behind. If you're dropping Barnes for being off his game since the start of the season, then we should drop that lot as well.

Weirdly, the best I've seen us play so far this season is in the first half of the Villarreal game where Tielemans and Barnes looked awesome as did many others.

I really don't see this 'massive difference' Iheanacho made against Norwich. He didn't. We were still just as shit and hanging on for dear life at the end. Despite a comedy miss that you wouldn't expect to see in a Primary School match, he really didn't do too much of note.
He started the move and played a big part for the winning goal, if that counts?

I think we will need a bit of time to settle this year.
Disruption in the defence, Tielemans was probably deciding his future so now will get his head down + players getting back from injuries that they held going into the end of the season (Maddison, Barnes, Vardy).
We may not get anything at Man City but i expecft us to get better as we get in to the season proper.
Already having 6 points from 9 is not bad considering the headwinds at the start of the season.

How many games should we give a player? He's been poor three times in a row.

Surely the reason we have a squad of players is to cope with enforced absences and enable the manager to make changes because he thinks it's the right thing to do?

We've spent a lot of money this summer trying to build squad depth. We must learn to rotate and select for the specific match ahead rather than just pick what we perceive as our strongest side and stick with it.

At least, that's what the teams do that finish above us.
Yes - as you say yourself - 'enable the manager to make changes because he think's it is the right thing to do'... Like others have said there are quite a few of our players who have been shite so far. We are clearly not going to drop them all. And nor should we. Surely (at least at this stage of the season) you back the manager to do what he thinks is best? Or maybe not.

I think we will need a bit of time to settle this year.
Disruption in the defence, Tielemans was probably deciding his future so now will get his head down + players getting back from injuries that they held going into the end of the season (Maddison, Barnes, Vardy).
We may not get anything at Man City but i expecft us to get better as we get in to the season proper.
Already having 6 points from 9 is not bad considering the headwinds at the start of the season.
I thought we are at home.

He was heavily involved in the goal with a lovely bit of play down the left hand side.
If by heavily involved you mean he received a ball from a throw in, made a couple of simple short passes and then passed it inside then I suppose so but.... let's not get carried away. He made a very simple couple of passes having been thrown the ball. I'm glad he did and it was neat enough but that's where it stops.
Useless bast.
If that comedy effort at the end was anything to go by when we should have put the game to bed then I agree.

He will always be Iheanacho... sometimes great, a lot of times as good as a farmer who has caught both of his feet in a threshing machine.

Do we think Soyuncu might need taken out of the firing line or are we just too thin on the ground?
If Evans, Vestegaard, Amartey and Bertrand are fit i think Soyuncu might need a blow. Turkey have been shocking through the euros and its not all his fault but must be affecting his confidence.

Do we think Soyuncu might need taken out of the firing line or are we just too thin on the ground?
If Evans, Vestegaard, Amartey and Bertrand are fit i think Soyuncu might need a blow. Turkey have been shocking through the euros and its not all his fault but must be affecting his confidence.
****ing hell, sparky me old sausage, you've had a nightmare here without any editing necessary. Your predictive text is telling.....

I expect Pep will take this news with his typical grace and alacrity.
No doubt about it. “It’s so hard, we have to manage without Jesus and our only replacement options are all multi-squillion pound internationals. It’s amazing that we are able to even field a team.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669