Pre Match Leicester v Manchester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt about it. “It’s so hard, we have to manage without Jesus and our only replacement options are all multi-squillion pound internationals. It’s amazing that we are able to even field a team.”
I know, poor bastards. Now they only have one Jesus on their side.

Not sure it matters if they play without a keeper tbh.

Premier League trying to get the ban lifted. I wonder if they would try as hard if it didn’t involve the “top clubs”

We should rest Vardy and anyone else decent

We should rest Vardy and anyone else decent

We definitely need to consider our options here with such a big game on Thursday. I suspect Rodgers will field a full strength side (twice) but I'd be tempted to chuck in Soumare, Daka, any fit defender and Lookman at a minimum.

Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers: "We have most of our players now back and available, obviously some are still short on fitness. The likes of James Justin and Wesley Fofana are probably the only two that are out at the moment, in terms of fitness. Ryan Bertrand will be back and available.

"We now have only three substitutes, so there’s a strategy going into the game. We have to be as sure as we possibly can in terms of how long the players can last, but we’ll see where we’re at before we finalise the team.

"Jonny Evans and Jannik Vestergaard are progressing very, very well. We’ve had a good international break with getting players [game time] and increasing their fitness level, so hopefully all those players should be fit and available."

He also said Ricardo is fine which is tremendous news.

I can't imagine Evans starting because he's had so little football. But Vestergaard, Castagne or Bertrand coming in would enable us to go to a back five.

All of a sudden it looks like we might be okay defensively.

...The likes of James Justin and Wesley Fofana are probably the only two that are out at the moment, in terms of fitness.

That is an odd thing to say. Are they both still out long term or has Fofana made a miraculous recovery and will be available in a couple of weeks.

That is an odd thing to say. Are they both still out long term or has Fofana made a miraculous recovery and will be available in a couple of weeks.

Occasionally I do think that BR is tricky to decipher. He does give me cold shivers at times remembering Puel speaking.

Like the idea of castagne, Ricardo, vestegaard, Evans, Soyuncu, Amartey, Bertrand, Thomas available!

I think he was probably just aimlessly rambling through banal questions from journalists.

"Performing really well" - Marks Electrical given performance boost after white goods claim made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566