Pre Match Leicester v Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

jas123

My 3rd pre match at home thread, id take another 2-2.

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont expect United to remain as poor as they have been, but i expect us to rise to the occassion and preserve our unbeaten home record. I would imagine Kasper will return if fit and also a few ex Utd players involved in the squad. I would also play Vardy in place of Nuge. Im predicting a 2-1 Leicester win Ulloa and Vardy

Apart from Schmeichel returning if fit I think we should start with the same 11 that started the 2nd half against Stoke.

Just watching Man U v QPR, 3-0 at H-T. Man U have looked good but QPR have been utterly pathetic.

No closing down and no pace up front.

Could be quite a tonking on here.

Not for me he isn't. Far from it.

I was thinking the same. Hammond has done better than I expected, but lost his way in the second half at Arsenal and I thought was poor yesterday. I'm sure he'll be out for the next game.

Dropping Andy King on the other hand is a tougher choice, but I think Pearson will do for next time

Having won the second half NP can quite easily justify starting this game with the same team that started the second half.

Definitely Drinkwater and Cambiasso is our best center midfield pairing. You'd probably have Mahrez and Schlupp then out wide but if more bulk needed in the middle, King and James are well capable. Nugent hasn't really done anything wrong but hasn't really shown much either. Personally I'd drop him and give someone else a chance to start alongside Ulloa and showcase what they can do. I feel a bit sorry for Wood. My guess is he's considered to be a similar player to Ulloa and thus as backup for him rather than someone we can play alongside him, whereas Nugent and Vardy are a different type of forward who can run at players.

judging by todays utd game we'll need to funnel back well to support full backs and a player advanced in the middle to occupy blind. id go for nugent harrying there. mahrez is a no go on the right wing.

as such

Schmeichel
De Laet Morgan Moore Konchesky
Cambiasso
Drinkwater King
Nugent
Ulloa Vardy

judging by todays utd game we'll need to funnel back well to support full backs and a player advanced in the middle to occupy blind. id go for nugent harrying there. mahrez is a no go on the right wing.

as such

Schmeichel
De Laet Morgan Moore Konchesky
Cambiasso
Drinkwater King
Nugent
Ulloa Vardy

Sparky, did you think Man U were very good or did you think QPR were particularly bad?

Sparky, did you think Man U were very good or did you think QPR were particularly bad?
Looking at what we saw on MOTD2 I think it was a bit of both and perhaps QPR being way too lax in defence. Not closing down quick enough was just one of the things QPR were guilty of. As we've been doing that well normally this season let's hope we can give them a game. But we must not let the likes of Di Maria and Mata have room to dictate the game and need to be closed down quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566