Pre Match Leicester v Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at what we saw on MOTD2 I think it was a bit of both and perhaps QPR being way too lax in defence. Not closing down quick enough was just one of the things QPR were guilty of. As we've been doing that well normally this season let's hope we can give them a game. But we must not let the likes of Di Maria and Mata have room to dictate the game and need to be closed down quickly.

Yep, agree with that. We must push forward in this game.

Hammond has done better than I expected, but lost his way in the second half at Arsenal and I thought was poor yesterday. I'm sure he'll be out for the next game.

Very strange. Matt Elliott who was at the game for BBC Radio Leicester gave him man of the match. Something doesn't add up.

I agree that "we will need to funnel back well to support full backs". Which is one of the reasons (the other being he has played very well so far this season) that one thing I would definitely not do is drop Schlupp.

Hammond was as good in the 2nd half yesterday as anyone else in a City shirt.

I think the reason both Mahrez and King were taken off as opposed to say Hammond was down to the fact they had both been involved in midweek internationals and were clearly jaded. Drinky and Cambiasso will deffo start but I wouldnt be surprised to see King picked ahead of Hammond if we choose to adopt 3 in the middle.

I think the reason both Mahrez and King were taken off as opposed to say Hammond was down to the fact they had both been involved in midweek internationals and were clearly jaded. Drinky and Cambiasso will deffo start but I wouldnt be surprised to see King picked ahead of Hammond if we choose to adopt 3 in the middle.

Y will NP drop Hammond? Unless he decides to change his basic stance on team selection, Hammond will start and poss also king. it wasn't kings fault that he had played for Wales and our system left him 2 v 3 in the middle. infact, if could be an unchanged starting eleven if NP feels our current system is ok for Sunday.

loving this season and it's challenges - soooo much more to tactically appreciate.

Y will NP drop Hammond? Unless he decides to change his basic stance on team selection, Hammond will start and poss also king. it wasn't kings fault that he had played for Wales and our system left him 2 v 3 in the middle. infact, if could be an unchanged starting eleven if NP feels our current system is ok for Sunday.

loving this season and it's challenges - soooo much more to tactically appreciate.

Yes, wouldn't be a bit surprised if Pearson stuck with starting 11 - except for Kasper.

Whatever, the selection - and his judgement for quite a while now has been excellent - this is a very tough fixture although 3 points at Stoke has lifted the pressure and further built up the confidence on the back of the Arsenal game.

My guess is that we will stay with a counter attacking game - partly because we may not have a choice and partly because it suits our formation.

Any positive result will be a triumph.

Let's be realistic - City have 5 points and we've played Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton and the mighty Stoke. Man Utd have 5 points and who have they have played so far?
It's time to put them back in their place - e.g. below us in the table.

Yes, wouldn't be a bit surprised if Pearson stuck with starting 11 - except for Kasper.

Really?

I'd be very surprised. Cambiasso and Drinkwater must be first choice, plus given we were woeful in the first half I'm sure that we will see a different starting midfield.

There is not even the remotest of chances that he will go with the same starting line up (and I don't just mean changing the keeper back again)

No way. Not ever. That would be just plain daft.

There is not even the remotest of chances that he will go with the same starting line up (and I don't just mean changing the keeper back again)

I would seriously hope not.

I would imagine Hammond would eventually be replaced by James in the starting lineup (not against Man U though)

James Cambiasso
Drinkwater

Let's be totally honest with ourselves.........

We are going to absolutely dick these big spending shithouses. Send em packing back to London.

Put it reeeeeeeeet deep up em.

QPR did look woeful at times in defence. If we can be fast and in their faces so that their great passing is disrupted, then I think we have a good chance.

Their defence is certainly not as scary as their attack, so we should have chances in front of their goal. The Premier League secret of success is very much that you must bury at least half your chances in front of goal to be competitive.

No 1 in 8 like in the Championship!

I'm optimistic with this one.
If we can hold both Everton and Arsenal, we can beat United. Not that it is a shoe-in by any means but probably the first truly winnable league game we have had at home (considering last season's league tables).

Also - we have both el Cuchu and Drink ready for this one. I think we will give them a good, counter-attacking game.

can see Blind being their best player in this game. Not sure why.

Kasper back if fit.

Drinky and Cambiasso for Mahrez and King.

Rest as is.

I know we're not allowed to mention formations (!), but if we're dropping Mahrez would that be moving to a 4-3-3 then? Makes sense, but I'm just interested how you see Nuge lining up (and whether Mahrez/Vardy would be better in hat role)?

Cambiasso lining up to face Di Maria

At our stadium

And we are one of the teams taking part

And one of the feckers actually plays for us

Regardless of the result on Sunday (which will be a home win), never forget just how far we have now come

PeeStaIn out

It is good to see that many of those who wrote off or had severe doubts that the likes of Konchesky, Hammond and Morgan would not be good enough to step up for this league are now of the opinion that experience and 'nouse' can still carry the day.

Cambiasso is no longer a 'box-to-box' player but his skill and class more than compensate.

I am even more impressed that Ulloa is not just threatening at the front but is putting in a full shift and doing excellent work defending free kicks and corners.

All in all Nigel appears to have constructed a very well balanced blend of young skill and older experience to make quite a formidable team, with competition for virtually every position, including goalkeeper!

Except that the pattern tends to be that the punters conject on how the line up should be tweeked - then when the team is announced there are effectively only enforced changes.

I never dreamed that Hammond would be a first choice - Pearson clearly did and got it right.

King and Mehrez were almost certainly jaded on Saturday from international call ups. Both could be important against Man U.

Is Cambiasso ready yet for 90+ minutes? I've no idea.

Is Drinkwater a better player and starter than Hammond - Of course - but Pearson has his ideas about formation.

I wouldn't be so certain that there will be changes in the starting line up other than the keeper(if fit)

That said, I would like to see Drinkwater picked - but Mehrez could be just the man for this match.

Cambiasso lining up to face Di Maria

At our stadium

And we are one of the teams taking part

And one of the feckers actually plays for us

Regardless of the result on Sunday (which will be a home win), never forget just how far we have now come

POTY. Excellent sentiment homeypants. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670