schmeichel
konchesky, moore, morgan, de laet
hammond
cambiasso, drinkwater
mahrez vardy
ulloa
win 2-1

Last edited:
I agree with that line up Jas except Vardy.

Nugent brings much, much more to the team than goals. He works tirelessly closing down and making very clever runs to draw defenders out of position.

I would certainly pick him above Vardy and keep him on the pitch up until about the 60 minute mark and then bring on Vardy.

I agree with that line up Jas except Vardy.

Nugent brings much, much more to the team than goals. He works tirelessly closing down and making very clever runs to draw defenders out of position.

I would certainly pick him above Vardy and keep him on the pitch up until about the 60 minute mark and then bring on Vardy.
Also, Vardy's pace will be much more effective at this level against tired defenders.

I presume that Nick Powell can't take part in this game, even as a potential sub, but what about Tom Lawrence. As an actual transfer has taken place I assume he can play. If so he might be worth having on the bench as I'm sure he would relish some game ttime against his former employers.

I am even more impressed that Ulloa is not just threatening at the front but is putting in a full shift and doing excellent work defending free kicks and corners.

There is an argument that Ulloa has not only been our best attacking player so far, he's also been our most effective defender. It seems that he has cleared practically every set piece into our box in every game.

His performances to date have been nothing short of astonishing. I've already got a dread building for how we'd possibly cope were he to get injured.

Last edited:
Drinky and Cambiasso for Mahrez and King.

We cannot even consider dropping our most effective creative player (Mahrez). Granted, he was anonymous in the first half on Saturday, but there were reasons for that which will not apply on Sunday.

NP said after the game that 45 minutes was about right for Cambiasso just now. I can see him and Hammond sharing a place in forthcoming matches. It will just depend who he wants to start with.

We will see I suppose BN. I'd actually be quite shocked if Cambiasso, Nugent, Drinkwater, Ulloa didn't start. I definitely think he is going to use this as an opportunity to get his true "first choice" side out there.

Can't see Schlupp getting dropped, simply for his defensive work.

So that leaves you with Hammond or Mahrez really. Kingy/Vardy at a stretch. Will depend on the formation PooSTAin employs.

The other fascinating part of all this is the bench. That Simpson, Lawrence, Albrighton and Powell couldn't get on the bench is remarkable. I really wonder how he will start making the transition to get some of these players involved.

Seems as though Was and a 'keeper are definites. Vardy too. Mahrez or Hammond depending on who starts. King? Knockaert? Wood? Lawrence? Simpson?

Simpson, I imagine, is going to have to be very patient indeed. Albrighton, Lawrence and Powell too. I eventually expect Wood to drop away and possibly Hammond...but bloody hell. We've done a good job squad-building ent we?

Last edited:
Schmeichy

Da Laet Moore Morgan Konch

Cambiasso

Mahrez Drinkwater Schlupp

Nugent

Ulloa....

Gerrintoem

Blind, Van Persie, Di Maria, Mata, Herrera, Rooney, Falcao - yep, that lot look awesome.. However, their defence won't like it up 'em.

It will be a very very tough match.

We will see I suppose BN. I'd actually be quite shocked if Cambiasso, Nugent, Drinkwater, Ulloa didn't start. I definitely think he is going to use this as an opportunity to get his true "first choice" side out there.

Can't see Schlupp getting dropped, simply for his defensive work.

So that leaves you with Hammond or Mahrez really. Kingy/Vardy at a stretch. Will depend on the formation PooSTAin employs.

The other fascinating part of all this is the bench. That Simpson, Lawrence, Albrighton and Powell couldn't get on the bench is remarkable. I really wonder how he will start making the transition to get some of these players involved.

Seems as though Was and a 'keeper are definites. Vardy too. Mahrez or Hammond depending on who starts. King? Knockaert? Wood? Lawrence? Simpson?

Simpson, I imagine, is going to have to be very patient indeed. Albrighton, Lawrence and Powell too. I eventually expect Wood to drop away and possibly Hammond...but bloody hell. We've done a good job squad-building ent we?

I reckon that we should pick a team to make it difficult for the opposition here MA. Man Utd are vulnerable. They could easily score goals against us but we can get at them too.

Schmeichel back for Hamer is a given. Defensively, there is no argument for changes.

Then I'd go with three in centre midfield because they only play two and we need to deprive their attacking players of time on the ball. It would also enable us to use Cambiasso on Di Maria which would be fascinating. King merits a place on performances so far and Hammond has to drop to the bench and will come on as a replacement for Cambiasso after about an hour.

In attack, I'd play two wide but push them forward as strikers. Man U are defensively awful and our main weapons against them are Ulloa (physical), Mahrez (technical) and Vardy (pace). I'd have Ulloa pulling away at that Blackett chap all afternoon. He'll destroy him. I'd also keep moving Vardy and Mahrez about their back line to feck them about.

Schmeichel

De Laet Morgan Moore Konchesky

Drinkwater Cambiasso King

Mahrez Ulloa Vardy

Could be any scoreline, but I'll plump for 3-3.

I reckon that we should pick a team to make it difficult for the opposition here MA. Man Utd are vulnerable. They could easily score goals against us but we can get at them too.

Schmeichel back for Hamer is a given. Defensively, there is no argument for changes.

Then I'd go with three in centre midfield because they only play two and we need to deprive their attacking players of time on the ball. It would also enable us to use Cambiasso on Di Maria which would be fascinating. King merits a place on performances so far and Hammond has to drop to the bench and will come on as a replacement for Cambiasso after about an hour.

In attack, I'd play two wide but push them forward as strikers. Man U are defensively awful and our main weapons against them are Ulloa (physical), Mahrez (technical) and Vardy (pace). I'd have Ulloa pulling away at that Blackett chap all afternoon. He'll destroy him. I'd also keep moving Vardy and Mahrez about their back line to feck them about.

Schmeichel

De Laet Morgan Moore Konchesky

Drinkwater Cambiasso King

Mahrez Ulloa Vardy

Could be any scoreline, but I'll plump for 3-3.

I would go the same, but with Schlupp starting in place of Vardy. Better defensively and bring on Vardy later when they are tired.

Pearson will most likely stick with the second half team from Saturday though.

Schlupp may have something to prove against Man U, as will the players we signed from them such as Drinkwater. I can see this being quite an entertaining game with plenty of chances. 0-0 it is then.

Any idea what time the Peel opens on a Sunday match day you sexy sods?

Can't quite recall the last time I was looking forward to a game as much as this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669