Pre Match Leicester v Middlesbrough

Status
Not open for further replies.
With QPR and Burnley not playing next Saturday, it'll be another chance to put a marker down.

Yes, 'boro have been on a good run, but take a look at our run. It's not bad, you know!

Are you kidding me? We've not won a game since yesterday. Disgraceful!

Tough one this, hoping for a marked improvement from the Leeds display and a convincing 3-0 win. Seven wins for us in a row would be fantastic!

I think Wasilewski is our best LB cover... Schlupp is not defensive minded enough, Miquel won't go forward enough, but Waso is just right.

Now we've got Mahrez and Phillips in, I'm hoping we can get a proper left back in on loan, at least as cover, so Schlupp could go on loan somewhere to get a run of games as a striker.

So far this season, Boro have played top half teams away from home seven times and drew two and lost five.

Our record against top half teams at home is won four, drawn two and lost one.

However, whilst we've won our last six, Boro have won five and drawn one of their last six. This is a meeting of the two in form teams.

Boro have tightened up quite a bit and aren't conceding goals (just two in their last six). Shay Given has been excellent for them so far. Their threat and goals come from their wide players (Adomah and Carayol).

However, Boro have a poor record at City and they are also set to sell one of their better players this week (Rhys Williams). If we get in front, I think it will be a comfortable afternoon. However, if they hold us or go in front, I expect it to be a frustrating one.

I can see it being tough but Derby came to the walkers as a form team and were outplayed. If we can have that same mentality then I think we will win. Turn up like Leeds and we will get hammered.

I can see it being tough but Derby came to the walkers as a form team and were outplayed. If we can have that same mentality then I think we will win. Turn up like Leeds and we will get hammered.

Surely we'll win 1 - 0?

Still the best left back at the club

When I watch Schlupp play as a striker I am usually disappointed; when he has played as a left back I have been impressed. He also has a speed which should complement Dyer and Vardy making them even more devastating than usual.

My chief concern with Schlupp is that he is playing far too few games for a player his age. I would like to see him go on a short loan and then return to challenge for a place as a left back.

So far this season, Boro have played top half teams away from home seven times and drew two and lost five.

Our record against top half teams at home is won four, drawn two and lost one.

However, whilst we've won our last six, Boro have won five and drawn one of their last six. This is a meeting of the two in form teams.

Boro have tightened up quite a bit and aren't conceding goals (just two in their last six). Shay Given has been excellent for them so far. Their threat and goals come from their wide players (Adomah and Carayol).

However, Boro have a poor record at City and they are also set to sell one of their better players this week (Rhys Williams). If we get in front, I think it will be a comfortable afternoon. However, if they hold us or go in front, I expect it to be a frustrating one.

BN; you've turned into a regular stato! :038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570