Pre Match Leicester v Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

camberwell fox

A Monday night game which is again under the gaze of the cameras.

The teams around us appear to have fairly easy fixtures over the weekend so I am expecting the gap to be closed before we kick off.

I think it doubtful that Newcastle will have the same manager in charge for the game as the pressure is building for them to pull something out of the bag and rescue a dreadful season for the magpies!

There are a few good candidates available at the moment including David Moyes and Nigel Pearson.

We gave them a right pasting towards the end of last season at King Power and beat them away earlier in the season.

What result and score do we think for Monday?

A dreadful time for the North East with Sunderlsnd also in the mire.

Come on Citeh!!!!!!

I think it doubtful that Newcastle will have the same manager in charge for the game .....

My biggest fear is that they appoint Nigel and then our blue mongies proceed to give Newcastle encouragement by cheering him to the rafters for the first half hour.

4-0 Leicester. Worthington, Garland (2), Lee.

They could appoint a joint managership team consisting of Jesus "The Saviour", Surt "The God of Change" and Ganesh 'The Destroyer of Obstacles' - and this is still the clearest three point banker of the entire season. Toon are more ****ed than Chasey Lane, they have no heart to fight for 90 minutes.

We have to approach this with the right attitude, no thinking we have already won.

If we play with our usual intensity and desire we will do the business.

Whoever is manager for them by next Monday, there will not have been enough time to instil any stamina, fight or spirit in them.

A good chance for us to give someone a damn good thrashing!

It could be a great opportunity to increase our GD as we've put a few past them in previous games - and yet - it could be another struggle vis a vis Bournemouth, AV, Norwich, Watford where we picked up points, but they were no 'slam-dunks'. C'mon City!

Let’s try and keep a realistic perspective on this…!

It’ll take more than a change of manager to turn this lot around… and as unlikely as it may be, if it is NP leading them out, it’ll likely make **** all difference to us. Chances are they’ll have a caretaker manager/puppet for us as they know they’ll probably get trashed (again), and then install their next victim in time for the tomb derby, as they’d be happy going down as long as long as they beat Slumberland for the first time in yonks!

Typical though, first weekend I’m not working for ages and the bloody game is on a Monday evening! How the hell am I going to get through the weekend? (….apart from cheering on the baggies who I recon could completely derail the Arsin’ bandwagon)

3-0 Foxes… as I’m in the mood for pizza again this weekend

Which we always do.

King and Schlupp in for Okazaki and Albrighton.

Whilst those changes were effective against Watford, I can't imagine Newcastle's midfield will stifle our central two like Watford did, so I would stick with the 4 in midfield.

Same 11 again for me.

Interesting... was just watching a 'what went wrong at Newcastle' video on the Beeb's rolling sports page when it just disappeared! ...and all trace removed from the feed! They're obviously expecting him to go today... and accidentally put up his epitaph early! Checked their feeds... nothing announced yet but maybe they are looking for that new manager bounce against us?

If we don't win this then we won't deserve to win the league.

Surely we can't slip up here but this one actually has me worried.

it wont matter if they have a new manager by the time we play.If we maintain the same desire/attitude/committment we will win this. Maybe a new manager might see them be more adventurous,but i expect the usual bus to be parked. An early goal could see us topupour goal difference. Impredicting a 3-0 win Vardy 2 Okazaki

it wont matter if they have a new manager by the time we play.If we maintain the same desire/attitude/committment we will win this. Maybe a new manager might see them be more adventurous,but i expect the usual bus to be parked. An early goal could see us topupour goal difference. Impredicting a 3-0 win Vardy 2 Okazaki
That was impredictable.

Whilst those changes were effective against Watford, I can't imagine Newcastle's midfield will stifle our central two like Watford did, so I would stick with the 4 in midfield.

Same 11 again for me.

I'd stick with 4 in midfield too. I'd have King playing off Vardy.

Surely Okazaki can't start again? I know he works hard and I've got no agenda against him at all. But he was woeful against Watford. He's not played very well for quite a few games and he hasn't looked like getting on the scoresheet in even longer. Or we can wait for 45 or 60 mins and take him off and then start troubling their keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669