Pre Match Leicester v Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Benitez has a break clause in his contract should they be relegated... there's loyalty for you :rolleyes:

Apparently Benitez has a break clause in his contract should they be relegated... there's loyalty for you :rolleyes:

Surely it should be a clause for when they get relegated? Doesn't matter who is in charge when they've got Steven Taylor and Colo the clown in defence.

Terrible timing for us. McLaren sacked and the Newcastle players to perform out of their skins. They have some very good attacking players who will play with complete freedom. We on the other hand have that horrible pressure thing starting to creep up on us. 2-1 to the magpies.
Thanks Micky, I was waiting for your prediction - you've settled my nerves!;)

Terrible timing for us. McLaren sacked and the Newcastle players to perform out of their skins. They have some very good attacking players who will play with complete freedom. We on the other hand have that horrible pressure thing starting to creep up on us. 2-1 to the magpies.

I know Ranieri is a PR magician, but I suspect us fans are feeling more pressure than the players are, and not just the ones with £50 on at 5000-1!

It is alright for Mahrez. He can bugger off to Barcelona to win Championships. We are stuck with City, and this may literally be a once in a lifetime chance to win the biggest prize in football.

Would be surprised if they get Benitez, would have thought he was more likely to get a bigger job. Newcastle is getting a reputation as a bit of a trigger happy club at the minute.

If? They have him!

Seriously though, his appointment is really good for us.

Now the spotlight and all the media circus will be trained on Newcastle on Monday night.

Also, it will give our players further motivation to put one over on Benitez whereas they may have been more complacent with McLaren still in charge.

Well I'm surprised he's gone there with the Chelsea and Man U jobs likely up for grabs. I hear he has a relegation clause in his contract, couple that with what you hear about us having asked Ranieri if he'd stay in the event we got relegated this year and it sums up just what's wrong with Newcastle. A new man usually has a positive effect pretty early on which is a worry for us for this next game...

Long term I think they've made a bad appointment though.

Whether he'll be good for Newcastle or not, I've no idea but let's not kid ourselves, Rafa is a quality manager.

Whether he'll be good for Newcastle or not, I've no idea but let's not kid ourselves, Rafa is a quality manager.

Ranieri is a better one though... I mean look what he's done with that little midland town's motley crew of no-hopers, misfits, rejects and journeymen! :rolleyes:

Back in the summer, I posted something about Ranieri and Benitez being very similar managers that I rated equally.

That seemed a bit daft when we were relegation favourites and Benitez had just taken over Real Madrid and a few of you said as much. But it is true. I know Benitez has more trophies but they're two peas in a pod in terms of tactics and intelligence.

It will be an interesting test to see how Benitez handles a talented squad of absolute charlatans. The most feeble minded professional squad anywhere for my money.

He cannot have too much of an impact immediately. If the players couldn't stand McClaren then you could foresee a reaction to his departure. However, by all accounts, he wasn't badly thought of by the players at all. They just can't be arsed with trying for anyone.

I expect us to win but this is just the sort of night that could get the wobbles going big time.

Back in the summer, I posted something about Ranieri and Benitez being very similar managers that I rated equally.

That seemed a bit daft when we were relegation favourites and Benitez had just taken over Real Madrid and a few of you said as much. But it is true. I know Benitez has more trophies but they're two peas in a pod in terms of tactics and intelligence.

It will be an interesting test to see how Benitez handles a talented squad of absolute charlatans. The most feeble minded professional squad anywhere for my money.

He cannot have too much of an impact immediately. If the players couldn't stand McClaren then you could foresee a reaction to his departure. However, by all accounts, he wasn't badly thought of by the players at all. They just can't be arsed with trying for anyone.

I expect us to win but this is just the sort of night that could get the wobbles going big time.
Although I agree with you on Rafa and his undoubted quality Newcastle are the second worst team in the division and if we play at tempo from the start and get amongst them they will crumble.

They really are shocking and Rafa will have had no time to make any worthwhile impact on this shower.

Just take a look a place below Newcastle in the league and you'll come to a club called Aston Villa...

Just take a look a place below Newcastle in the league and you'll come to a club called Aston Villa...

Who we failed to beat. Take nothing for granted.

Yep take nothing for granted.

Benitez is a very astute manager with plenty of experience and a lot to prove given his recent "failings."

He's probably been studying our team for a while now as everyone else has and we don't actually know what he'll throw at us on Monday if he's managing the match.

We don't know what's coming so I reckon Ranieri will be looking more at individual player weaknesses rather than their style of play. Make no mistake, Newcastle have some talented players. Shelvey and Townsend are no pushovers and neither are the likes of Mitrobitch

A Spurs goal caused the commentator to label them Champions in waiting. Benitez is the second coming and Newcastke are safe . Tonight's game has an element of pressure to it. I already feel nervous already with 12 hours to go. How do you think CR and the boys will cope with the added pressure tonight ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669