Pre Match Leicester v Norwich

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my line up is at least as likely to get points as any other.
I like your style BN.

I’d happily bet you a squllion quid that Tielemans, Mendy, Barnes and Lookman will play.

I hope we ever see YT again after todays shitfest.

I think my line up is at least as likely to get points as any other.
I must admit I do find it baffling how we rarely name any youngsters on the bench. We were clearly never going to bring Albrighton or Choudhury on today, so why not have a couple of the kids just on the off chance we’re 3-0 up?

Wednesday, 19:45

I'd like to see something like this:

View attachment 16805

Alves, Popov and Brunt on the bench.

Won't happen though. The financial reward for even finishing one place higher in the league (something like £2 million per place) are so great that the kids, if they're involved, are only likely to be brought on if the game has already been won (or lost).
Ricardo out for season

Another quick turnaround. Today will no doubt be a rest day to recover from yesterday's stroll. Tues they will be wearing their fancy VR headsets showing the virtual reality before Brendan took over, him leading us to the great escape and then winning the league....some scenes missing, then the fa cup. There won't be any time to discuss what colour shirts to look for when defending corners.

I'm still behind Brendan, but I think there is actually some pressure on him now in the final games.

A bottom half finish isn't good enough. 9th place with the European run and the injuries we've had I think was acceptable.

But the way we've given up in the league isn't. I could just about stomach it while we were still in Europe and trying to prioritise, but that excuse is gone now and losing to Everton was a bad result.

We've got some easy games coming up, and flat, poor performances and not getting results isn't good enough. We're currently only 8 points above the relegation places, and could get pulled even closer and that isn't acceptable.

Norwich, Watford and Southampton are all utterly shit, yet Southampton are just 2 points behind us (admittedly having played 2 games more). We need to take at least 7 points from the remaining 4 games IMO, which shouldn't be a big ask, to prove that Brendan can still motivate his team and have them playing well.

Yes, there's surgery on this squad needed over the summer - but they should not have suddenly become so shit that we can't muster anything in the last 2 months of the league season and just freefall down the table.

We can still finish anywhere between 8th and 18th, and even though the league is tight, a top 10 finish in a poor season makes a big difference to 14th-16th in my eyes. But it's not just about the league table - it's more about showing Brendan can still get performances from this team. I still think he can, but he needs to prove it in these remaining games.

Iversen (if he's eligible)
Fofana Evans
Castagne Braybrooke D-Hall Thomas
Maddison
Maswanhise Barnes Madivadua

Fofana Evans Brunt
Castagne Braybrooke D-Hall Justin
Maddison Maswanhise
Daka

subs: Jakupovic, Thomas, Alves, Lookman, Madivadua, Nelson and a selection of the below

Players who should take a breather on Wednesday:
Schmeichel - we need to see how much of the issue from set pieces lies with his inability to get off the ground. my suggestion is, quite a lot of it.
Ward - very close to being reported to the Leicestershire police for robbery, but there is only circumstantial evidence and not enough to place him at the scene of the crime.
Tielemans - good luck at ManYoo or Arsenal Youri. Thanks for the FA Cup - will always be a club legend for that, but so far off the boil for the last 3-4months that a corgi registered tradesmen has been phoned to inspect you.
Vardy - looks patched up so needs a rest. looks like a facsimile of Vardy which is not his fault was fantastic for the early part of the season.
Iheanacho - needs to come back after a preseason where we've either built a way of playing with him in it, or he has moved on to another side who can utilise him properly. As useful as a marzipan cock if we haven't planned to incorporate him properly - not an impact sub or a main man at the moment - largely through no fault of his own.
Perez - Fulham, Bournemouth, Everton, whoever else gets promoted, Brighton, Palace or myriad other sides might have a squad place for him. But at Leicester, such an Enigma that Alan Turing's ghost has been found trying to crack him.
Albrighton - love you Kevin, but you look knackered.
Barnes - needs a summer in the gym and bootcamp with Peter Fury. Could be bullied out of a game by Gripper Stebson from Grange Hill
Mendy - may as well play Braybrooke. The manager and club have disrespected him on and off for ages and so clearly he's not the future of our centre mid.
Soumare - what's the point. he's not favoured and so don't give him late season games where he might look good against relegated sides when we could blood someone who has a future.
Amartey - played well when we've needed him. but can't be part of a passing team. If we have more physicality and speed in our attacking play we can have Amartey in the team. As it stands we can't
Soyuncu - off you pop to the german league son. if we need a bombscare i'm sure someone can phone one in, similarly to how youve been phoning in your performances this season.

Can’t even find anyone offering odds.

Betfair exchange. 1000

Bloody hell, that's worth a pop

Not worth a pop at all, that's way too low.

Burnley and Leeds have to win their remaining games and we'd have to lose ours. An accumulator for those results would be hundreds of thousands to one.

I can't find a bookmaker offering odds on games more than a week ahead, but in that period we play Norwich and Watford, Leeds play Chelsea and Brighton, and Burnley play Spurs.

An accumulator on Betfair for those five games to go against us is around 2350/1.

That's only half the games involving those clubs.

The remaining games and my estimated odds on the result going against us:

Aston Villa v Burnley 3/1
Chelsea v Leicester 2/5
Brentford v Leeds 3/1
Burnley v Newcastle 1/1
Leicester v Southampton 5/2

Add those to the accumulator, and it gives us over 350,000/1

And even if that happens, we could still stay up if Everton don't get another 7/8 points.

So you’re saying there’s definitely a chance of it happening ?

Cheers Jeff - off to invest all the spare money I have (about twenty quid)

Fofana Evans
Castagne Braybrooke D-Hall Thomas
Maddison
Maswanhise Barnes Madivadua

Fofana Evans Brunt
Castagne Braybrooke D-Hall Justin
Maddison Maswanhise
Daka

subs: Jakupovic, Thomas, Alves, Lookman, Madivadua, Nelson and a selection of the below

Players who should take a breather on Wednesday:
Schmeichel - we need to see how much of the issue from set pieces lies with his inability to get off the ground. my suggestion is, quite a lot of it.
Ward - very close to being reported to the Leicestershire police for robbery, but there is only circumstantial evidence and not enough to place him at the scene of the crime.
Tielemans - good luck at ManYoo or Arsenal Youri. Thanks for the FA Cup - will always be a club legend for that, but so far off the boil for the last 3-4months that a corgi registered tradesmen has been phoned to inspect you.
Vardy - looks patched up so needs a rest. looks like a facsimile of Vardy which is not his fault was fantastic for the early part of the season.
Iheanacho - needs to come back after a preseason where we've either built a way of playing with him in it, or he has moved on to another side who can utilise him properly. As useful as a marzipan cock if we haven't planned to incorporate him properly - not an impact sub or a main man at the moment - largely through no fault of his own.
Perez - Fulham, Bournemouth, Everton, whoever else gets promoted, Brighton, Palace or myriad other sides might have a squad place for him. But at Leicester, such an Enigma that Alan Turing's ghost has been found trying to crack him.
Albrighton - love you Kevin, but you look knackered.
Barnes - needs a summer in the gym and bootcamp with Peter Fury. Could be bullied out of a game by Gripper Stebson from Grange Hill
Mendy - may as well play Braybrooke. The manager and club have disrespected him on and off for ages and so clearly he's not the future of our centre mid.
Soumare - what's the point. he's not favoured and so don't give him late season games where he might look good against relegated sides when we could blood someone who has a future.
Amartey - played well when we've needed him. but can't be part of a passing team. If we have more physicality and speed in our attacking play we can have Amartey in the team. As it stands we can't
Soyuncu - off you pop to the german league son. if we need a bombscare i'm sure someone can phone one in, similarly to how youve been phoning in your performances this season.
So…. should Barnes start as centre forward, or take a breather?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263