Pre Match Leicester v Norwich

Status
Not open for further replies.
From BR's press conference:

On conceding from set pieces: My only promise is we will be better next season, that’s for sure. We’ve got limited time to work on it, which means it’s difficult. "If almost half our goals are from corners, it’s glaring where we need to improve.
Once the goal went in from the corner [against Everton], I could see a 'here we go again' feeling among the players. That's a problem, and I know that more than anyone.

We've tried to create a winning mentality, and that's what I want to see in the performances now. "We want to finish as high as we can, and take a high performance level into the summer. We cannot let things drift.

We're stuck in a shit circle though and there isn't a way to get out of it unless we change half the squad.

We're probably as shit at attacking corners as we are attacking them, I haven't checked the stats but we must be near the bottom for scoring goals from corners.

That means the defenders only have shit attacking players (from corners) testing them in training.

Flip it round and the attackers don't get chance to improve much as our defenders our so shit at defending corners.

It's just a constant circle of shit when it comes to corners.

He’s had all ****ing season to fix it, it’s not just something that has happened in the past couple of weeks FFS

Twat
To be fair he's only had half the season. Before that he was insisting that set pieces weren't a problem at all.

Still a twat.

We're probably as shit at attacking corners as we are attacking them, I haven't checked the stats but we must be near the bottom for scoring goals from corners.

We've scored 4 from corners, which is only better than Norwich (3) and Crystal Palace (2).

We have the worst corner conversion in the league:

1652225624284.png

From BR's press conference:

On conceding from set pieces: My only promise is we will be better next season, that’s for sure. "
Manager who is likely to deliver the highest ever goals conceded from corners on record, states that it's going to get better.

I for one feel relieved.

Maybe it'll only be 14 conceded from corners next season...

We've scored 4 from corners, which is only better than Norwich (3) and Crystal Palace (2).

We have the worst corner conversion in the league:

View attachment 16814
And Man City the second worst corner conversion. Hmmm, not exactly a telling stat.

Referee: Simon Hooper.
Assistants: Scott Ledger, Derek Eaton.
Fourth official: Jonathan Moss.
VAR: Michael Salisbury.
Assistant VAR: Dan Cook.

I wonder how many games we have lost from a position of parity due to a conceded goal via a corner?

I bet it must be 12-20?

We've lost 14 league games in total this season so I really doubt it's as many as that.
Jesus that is a high number for a team that is claiming they should regularly be challenging top half and European competitions.

We're stuck in a shit circle though and there isn't a way to get out of it unless we change half the squad.

That means the defenders only have shit attacking players (from corners) testing them in training.

Flip it round and the attackers don't get chance to improve much as our defenders our so shit at defending corners.

It's just a constant circle of shit when it comes to corners.
Maddison is great at taking free kicks on the 18 yard box but his crosses are usually dog shit KDH delivered some really good balls against Everton perhaps he should take that role in the future. I am pretty sure that set pieces are a big source of goals for any side, every time we have an opportunity to deliver a quality cross with a free kick we opt for a pointless pass sideways which 9/10 ends back with our CD's.

How he can claim defending corners is a new phenomenon is beyond me.

Absolutely he is, not in terms of ability or style etc., but in how he knows he's leaving and just going through the motions so he doesn't get injured and jeopardise it. Same as Chilwell did.
Nope. Still ****ing lost in this madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363