Pre Match Leicester v Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Leicester v Reading (H)

They've not just atoned for their own mistakes though, have they?

They've fixed their mistake, Mad Mandy's and the mess that was here before. We were in debt lot before the Thais came in and they've bought the stadium back.

I don't think hero/dictator worship is right, but I think the fans giving them a cheer at the next game is a nice gesture and the right level of appreciation.

Yes it is a sad indictment of the modern game that we expect to be screwed, but given the number of owners that have done that then I think it's worth being grateful that ours don't seem to be of that mold.

It's a terrible idea. Let's not go over the top here. It's an excellent move but it was them who got us into that much debt in the first place. I'm certainly not going to be indulging in any wanky public adulation of the blokes. This isn't North Korea.

I would like to offer you my first born child and I would also like to subscribe to your newsletter.
The entire idea is cringemakingly awful.

You're the only person I've seen mention booing. They've corrected their own mistake. They deserve some credit for it but I'm not going to nosh them off over it. They don't get congratulations for not leaving us in the shit any more than you do for not murdering people.

They're supposed to run the club properly. If I knew people were this easy I'd have asked for a minute's applause for turning up for work long ago. What an indictment of the modern game. We're all grateful for avoiding a kick in the bollocks.

Similarly though, you are the only person talking about noshing anyone off.

You're the only person I've seen mention booing. They've corrected their own mistake. They deserve some credit for it but I'm not going to nosh them off over it. They don't get congratulations for not leaving us in the shit any more than you do for not murdering people.

They're supposed to run the club properly. If I knew people were this easy I'd have asked for a minute's applause for turning up for work long ago. What an indictment of the modern game. We're all grateful for avoiding a kick in the bollocks.

Late contender for post of the year, should any such pointless feckin' thing exist

What a pitiful, cringeworthy small time shitbag of an idea. Minutes applause FFS

Last edited:

Similarly though, you are the only person talking about noshing anyone off.

He's the only one talking about it but, be honest, we're all thinking it

Our Fanzine was called ' Where's the Money Gone' for frigging years, and that was way before foreign investment came into the game. Chairmen have often used clubs as their own cash machine and operated the club at a loss, taking out more than they put in. In some instances, owners don't put a penny in in real terms and just saddle the club with leveraged debt.
Rather than asking 'where's the money gone' - Our current and relatively long standing owners have dug us out of the shite, reappraised their approach to building success in the era of FFP, backed a relatively frugal manager and now through their recent actions ensured that the club owns the stadium and that it is not saddled with debt.

I for one, do not care if we cheer them in a pre-organised way, do the Poznan, present them with a Christmas hamper of traditional Leicestershire produce or just (whisper it quietly) get behind the team in slightly larger numbers than before, create a great atmosphere on matchdays and perhaps purchase the occasional piece of merchandise and matchday refreshment if finances allow.

Either way - we're doing better than Wolves, Portsmouth, Leeds and a long line of other clubs who's owners haven't seen fit to operate in the same way as ours. We could have Vincent Tan doing a great impression of Kim Jong Un and staging live executions of managers in the middle of the pitch. So let's be happy that we'll be top by the end of Dec (we will) and debt free (we are).

Merry Christmas

Our Fanzine was called ' Where's the Money Gone' for frigging years, and that was way before foreign investment came into the game. Chairmen have often used clubs as their own cash machine and operated the club at a loss, taking out more than they put in. In some instances, owners don't put a penny in in real terms and just saddle the club with leveraged debt.
Rather than asking 'where's the money gone' - Our current and relatively long standing owners have dug us out of the shite, reappraised their approach to building success in the era of FFP, backed a relatively frugal manager and now through their recent actions ensured that the club owns the stadium and that it is not saddled with debt.

I for one, do not care if we cheer them in a pre-organised way, do the Poznan, present them with a Christmas hamper of traditional Leicestershire produce or just (whisper it quietly) get behind the team in slightly larger numbers than before, create a great atmosphere on matchdays and perhaps purchase the occasional piece of merchandise and matchday refreshment if finances allow.

Either way - we're doing better than Wolves, Portsmouth, Leeds and a long line of other clubs who's owners haven't seen fit to operate in the same way as ours. We could have Vincent Tan doing a great impression of Kim Jong Un and staging live executions of managers in the middle of the pitch. So let's be happy that we'll be top by the end of Dec (we will) and debt free (we are).

Merry Christmas
:icon_razz:038:

Merry Christmas

Good post Sparky, I'm sure they would be more than happy with this as an acknowledgement.

We're well overdue a win against these so I expect a good win. 2-0 minimum.

I´d be happy with a 2-1 victory in this one, considering our recent results against them.
I wonder if recent results are a factor. Perhaps there is a psychological element but I suspect this is limited since the last times the side met, the starting line ups were drastically different. In which case, we are certain to lose. :icon_cry:

Last edited:
I wonder if recent results are a factor. Perhaps there is a psychological element but I suspect this is limited since the last times the side met, the starting line ups were drastically different. In which case, we are certain to lose. :icon_cry:
Definitely the pschological aspect, coupled with the emotional roller-coaster that is an integral part of being a City fan:tumbleweed:....as soon as we start getting our tails up, we often get done over! The imminent results will either leave us jubilant & ready to celebrate New Year:cocktail: as serious automatic promotion candidates, or alternatively feeling "well rogered":021: and in limbo, at the top of the play-off positions, but X Number of points off the top two:103:.
Let´s hope that the team give us a great Christmas present today:114:, with a nice solid victory against opposition that most definitely will be involved in the Play-off lottery:031:

Definitely the pschological aspect, coupled with the emotional roller-coaster that is an integral part of being a City fan:tumbleweed:....as soon as we start getting our tails up, we often get done over! The imminent results will either leave us jubilant & ready to celebrate New Year:cocktail: as serious automatic promotion candidates, or alternatively feeling "well rogered":021: and in limbo, at the top of the play-off positions, but X Number of points off the top two:103:.
Let´s hope that the team give us a great Christmas present today:114:, with a nice solid victory against opposition that most definitely will be involved in the Play-off lottery:031:
Found the emoticon button have we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570