Pre Match Leicester v Sheffield United

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would mind. Naturally. I’m trying to bring a level of perspective back to anti those claiming they’re not even watching now, like 5th place is a disaster. Come on now.
We've stated that we're pissed off because the whole bastard thing feels like it's rigged, not because of our position in the table. Keep up

For the record, 2-2 draw this weekend whilst Manchester United cruise past us with a win thanks to a Fernandes penalty and a Mason Greenwood strike, so that the media has another young player to gush over becuase lord knows they need another reason to talk about nothing but Manchester United.
Wonder what odds I'd get.

I would mind. Naturally. I’m trying to bring a level of perspective back to anti those claiming they’re not even watching now, like 5th place is a disaster. Come on now.
It is in the context of being 15 points clear and it is in the context of where this team is going. They are bereft of confidence. Next season won’t reset confidence levels. This is a serious problem in my opinion.

We finished the 14/15 season on fire looked what happened 15/16
It's not just losing out on a shoe in place for champions league football next season which is shit enough it's the worrying form we will take into 20/21

We finished the 14/15 season on fire looked what happened 15/16
It's not just losing out on a shoe in place for champions league football next season which is shit enough it's the worrying form we will take into 20/21

Exactly.

This and the fact that not one leader within the club will be saying it's okay because we are Leicester and we used to be shit.

They will be ****ing livid, especially when you consider the commercial impact of it.

I think we need Morgan to be starting tonight - if only for his leadership qualities. I think it's all very well having Kasper as the captain, but from the six yard box he can't really give people a rollocking (or jee them up) when they give the ball away or misplace a pass.

I want to see something like this:

leicester-citys-robbie-savage-and-team-mate-gerry-taggart-have-a-on-picture-id650963864

Who has suggested fears of us going down? There's an ocean of difference between being content with our league position and content with our current performances. We're not playing well at the moment be with 5th or 15th.

Who has suggested fears of us going down? There's an ocean of difference between being content with our league position and content with our current performances. We're not playing well at the moment be with 5th or 15th.
The point is if we carry on like this then next season we will go down.
We need to sign a proper Captain next season, a Vinny Jones type, someone that gets stuck in and jees up his team, Kasper and Wes aren't those type of player.

I think we need Morgan to be starting tonight - if only for his leadership qualities. I think it's all very well having Kasper as the captain, but from the six yard box he can't really give people a rollocking (or jee them up) when they give the ball away or misplace a pass.

I want to see something like this:

leicester-citys-robbie-savage-and-team-mate-gerry-taggart-have-a-on-picture-id650963864

Great picture!

Today's players are too delicate. Great technical players but too delicate.

Referee: Michael Oliver.
Assistants: Stuart Burt, Simon Bennett.
Fourth official: Peter Bankes.
Replacement official: Steven Meredith.
VAR: Paul Tierney.
Assistant VAR: Constantine Hatzidakis.

I'd prefer us to sign a footballer not a talentless **** like that.
Didn't say sign Vinny Jones but someone like him, we have plenty of footballers but they sadly go missing when the going gets tuff.
Leicester have a soft belly that other teams are exploting.

Didn't say sign Vinny Jones but someone like him, we have plenty of footballers but they sadly go missing when the going gets tuff.
Leicester have a soft belly that other teams are exploting.
I'm pretty sure putting a ****wit anything like Jones in the team would make things worse. I do know what you mean though; we need leadership. The problem is that those types of players come with a premium and there aren't that many of them. I look through the Premier League and I don't see many of those types of players anymore relatively speaking. It is something we need though, I agree but I also think we need to spend some cash on new flair. We lack creativity and have few options when things are not going our way. Choudhury, Mendy, James, Praet... That's not a bench to change anything. Gray has his moments but the good ones are lightyears apart. My preference would be to strengthen our creative options.

It's a young team, this has been mentioned so many times. The bad run has been a collective effort of crucial injuries at bad times, terrible recruitment in Jan and a lack of experience. Some of the over reaction has been a bit mental re. Brendan. Bournemouth away was absolutely the fault of the playing staff, not the manager in my opinion. Some of the crying on here post has been remarkable. This shit takes time.

The plan against Brighton didn't work, that is true, but I remember thinking at the time that by winning the central areas of the pitch we would be able to dominate, or at least that was what I thought the thinking was behind playing Mendy in there with N'Didi. It didn't work and Brendan acknowledged that.

All in all you don't become a shit team or a shit manager over night and we have neither.

But, if this is also part of the players again dividing the dressing room, as has been alleged, then this is actually the problem. How many managers are they allowed to throw under the bus if that's true?

It's a young team, this has been mentioned so many times. The bad run has been a collective effort of crucial injuries at bad times, terrible recruitment in Jan and a lack of experience. Some of the over reaction has been a bit mental re. Brendan. Bournemouth away was absolutely the fault of the playing staff, not the manager in my opinion. Some of the crying on here post has been remarkable. This shit takes time.

The plan against Brighton didn't work, that is true, but I remember thinking at the time that by winning the central areas of the pitch we would be able to dominate, or at least that was what I thought the thinking was behind playing Mendy in there with N'Didi. It didn't work and Brendan acknowledged that.

All in all you don't become a shit team or a shit manager over night and we have neither.

But, if this is also part of the players again dividing the dressing room, as has been alleged, then this is actually the problem. How many managers are they allowed to throw under the bus if that's true?
Why were we even trying to counter, or think about, what Brighton/Bournemouth do or, how to win certain areas of the pitch though? **** that, we should just set up as we do best and go and turn them over. We've been overthinking it, when we should be sticking to what we do best.

It hasn't happened overnight, it's happened over the course of six long painful months of relegation form football
It's almost as if folk are sick of watching insipid, awful, clueless football for half a year which has culminated in us blowing a 15 point gap to 5th... We are such shit fans..... Etc, wibble, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566