Pre Match Leicester v Sheffield United

Status
Not open for further replies.
James and Amartey in a dream team centre back partnership

Wouldn't put it past the clueless twonk to actually do it

Morgan has to play. I’d play Bennett from the film Commando before I’d pick that bloke from Wolves again.

Apart from Evans, every defensive option that we have is horrific.

Justin is not yet PL level. He is there because we have no other choice but he has a lot to learn. I've had him as responsible for a couple of goals in this run so far. He just isn't good enough.

Fuchs has not received the criticism for his own performance on Sunday. But it was his awful pass across goal that gifted them their fourth goal. He has looked slow, off the pace, and very, very rusty.

Bennett is a Championship level defender. He is nowhere near good enough for a decent PL side. He is slow, he is poor on the ball and he hasn't got a brain.

Morgan has come on as a last minute sub once since January. He's slow at the best of times but christ knows what state he's in at the moment. The fact that we've not seen anything of him so far, and the above four have all been preferred, suggests that he's way off. He has been carrying an extra tyre for some time.

I agree largely. Justin is a youthful backup, Fuchs is past his best and our back up centre back is questionable, but why oh why are we making their lives even tougher by playing them out of position or in unfamiliar formations?

Fuchs is a left back, not a left wing back.
Justin is a right back, not a centre half in three at the back.
While I’m at it, Albrighton is a winger, not a wing back.

Stop ****ing about and keep it simple.

I’d play Morgan on the basis that he has some bollocks, knows how to lead winning teams, and that those things might have a positive effect on those around him. Whether he’s likely to be any good is a different question but at least I don’t doubt he’ll put his body in the way if the situation calls for it.

I currently have a similar lack of faith in the ability of those ahead of him on the team sheet, but much less in their attitudes.

Not entirely sure it was a good idea to give Morgan and Fuchs another year

I’m absolutely certain it wasn’t. If they’re that important to have around the place (I can believe that they might be) then see if they have an interest, and might be useful, as coaches of some description. I think both already do work with kids privately?

We can’t accommodate players who are past it and are only going one way on the wage bill, or in the squad allocation.

Said it many times. The recruitment has been poor... we have little quality in reserve and have had two windows to sort that out. I’m sure Brendan is seething.

This lot will be licking their lips at the prospect of facing us right now.

0-2 defeat (with no subs or formation changes until the 80th minute when 0-2 down).

At which point he'll send on Matty James.

To play at Right Back.

I'm worried about Morgan's match fitness, but if there's anyone we need out there on the pitch to put a rocket up some arses, it's Wes. Even at half-time, drinks breaks, he was our captain in 15/16 so that holds value in itself. He's a professional footballer but sometimes we make him sound like a pub lad!! Bennett will probably get the nod though.

I think we need to win the battle in midfield so i think he'll pack that out. I reckon they'll target Justin due to his inexperience. We're gonna have to be really on it for this match. I hope Vardy scores.

I'm worried about Morgan's match fitness, but if there's anyone we need out there on the pitch to put a rocket up some arses, it's Wes. Even at half-time, drinks breaks, he was our captain in 15/16 so that holds value in itself. He's a professional footballer but sometimes we make him sound like a pub lad!! Bennett will probably get the nod though.

I think we need to win the battle in midfield so i think he'll pack that out. I reckon they'll target Justin due to his inexperience. We're gonna have to be really on it for this match. I hope Vardy scores.

I'd agree on Morgan if that reflected who he is but it doesn't.

He has always been a lead by example type. He has never been a big talker on the pitch.

I also wonder whether he'd be physically capable of shouting after about 10 mins anyway. He'd be knackered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566