Pre Match Leicester v Sheffield United

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes you do for a very simple reason, the formation would make zero sense, where exactly would they all be playing? Maddison wouldn't be part of a 2 man midfield which is pretty much the only way you could sort of make it work.
Why wouldn't he? Again, you're confusing your opinion with fact. You may not choose to play him there but I don't see it would be a problem if you wanted to play him in that role.

Schmeichel
Ricardo
Evans
Soyuncu
Chilwell
Perez
Maddison
Ndidi
Barnes
Iheanacho
Vardy

I can't see how that would be any worse than the complete horse shit we have served up of late.

If you didn't want him in a 2 you could play him in a 4-3-3:

Schmeichel
Ricardo
Evans
Soyuncu
Chilwell
Maddison
Ndidi
Barnes
Perez
Vardy
Iheanacho

Again, probably not for me this one, but it's no worse than some of Brenda's ****wittery.

Last edited:
because playing Maddison that deep takes him out of the areas he is most effective and worse still means we'd be completely overran defensively it simply wouldn't work, you know this, if Rodgers picked that team you'd be in the match thread raging bout how flimsy it is but carry on

because playing Maddison that deep takes him out of the areas he is most effective and worse still means we'd be completely overran defensively it simply wouldn't work, you know this, if Rodgers picked that team you'd be in the match thread raging bout how flimsy it is but carry on
Takes him out of the game? Like playing him as a wide man like Rodgers has done time after time?

The more I look at it the more I like it, Maddison and Chilwell too, nice

Apparently Chilwell, Maddison and Albrighton are all being assessed tomorrow.

Assume that means none of them will be fit

Apparently Chilwell, Maddison and Albrighton are all being assessed tomorrow.

Assume that means none of them will be fit
you'd assume players with injuries are always assessed the day before as usually that's when clubs name the team internally

Bennett is a complete lumbering oaf of a defender.

He has the turning circle of the titanic, his passing his terrible, and did you see his pathetic attempt at trying to tackle Solanke for his second goal?

He has the turning circle of the titanic, his passing his terrible, and did you see his pathetic attempt at trying to tackle Solanke for his second goal?

Which is why Wolves didn’t want him, and why he hasn’t featured at all until, crazily, we entered this restart set of matches and he suddenly becomes part of the first team

Quite how he made it straight into the team after previously being completely ignored is a complete mystery

Which is why Wolves didn’t want him, and why he hasn’t featured at all until, crazily, we entered this restart set of matches and he suddenly becomes part of the first team

Quite how he made it straight into the team after previously being completely ignored is a complete mystery
Yep, gone from 5th choice centre back behind Morgan and Fuchs, straight into 3rd choice. Baffling.

I don't disagree, though I'd quibble with "oaf" That he's selected ahead of Wes has got to be to do with what's seen on the training ground. Maybe Wes is equally 'oafish' I don't suppose, in an ideal world, either would be on the team sheet. The last transfer window didn't go well and it doesn't seem like Benko has worked out as hoped.

Of course, whilst we are all making our team selections, there is one area that only Rodgers and the training staff can assess: which of our players have the bottle for this? The second half against Bournemouth was pretty traumatic: we capitulated, rather than being beaten by a Bournemouth revival. (I agree that this rather argues for the likes of Wes' to play).

well there is the option of Evans and Fuchs with Chilwell at left back but yeah at least one of Bennett or Wes will play

well there is the option of Evans and Fuchs with Chilwell at left back but yeah at least one of Bennett or Wes will play

Matty James can play at centre back

Just saying....

He has played there, though, I’m sure

Or maybe I’ve lost it altogether

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584