Pre Match Leicester v Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I say I had dismissed him as a player? I was stating that how someone can want him in from the start on the basis of his last two substitute appearances is beyond me.

Perhaps that isn't the basis upon which people want him to start? Perhaps they've seen him play in situations that don't involve trying to make something happen in the last ten minutes of an insipid performance from the team in the 80 minutes prior?

And here is the 'expert' view of Paul Merson: For me, Leicester have to win this game or it is lights out. This is a must-win football match for them. This isn't one they can draw, they have to win.

Lights out after 12 games

4-3 win tommorow, please play mahrez!

kasp, konchesky, moore, morgan, de laet, mahrez, cambiasso, drinkwater, knockaert, vardy, ulloa

Taking apart your line up: we cannot play Cambiasso as part of a two in midfield and King was been appalling recently so I wouldn't play him either. Surely De Laet has to be dropped?? We played Schlupp at left back at Soton and he did well so we can't just drop him after one game there. Vardy has only played well once this season and, at best, only merits being used as an impact sub. Knockaert has been diabolical this season and doesn't even merit a place on the bench. Sunderland play five in midfield (and they have better players) so you can't play two strikers and concede the midfield entirely unless you want to play route one.

Apart from that, I'm in total agreement.

It has to be either 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. If pushed, I'd probably go with something like this:

Hamer
Simpson Wasyl Morgan Schlupp
James Cambiasso
Albrighton Powell Mahrez
Ulloa

I don't really like that side much either though. But fecked if I can make a silk purse out of our sow's ear.

Tony P could mind.

Interesting.

If I may?

Hull City played 5 in midfield against a solid 442 once, we won that convincingly. I see no evidence that suggests you have to play a certain formation to deal with a 5-man midfield, frankly, if you play with width and tempo then 442 is ample.

Cambiasso can play in a midfield 2, perhaps not 90 mins, but he could play in front of the back 4 easily and allow Andy King to push on.

Schlupp coming out was for a wiser head which I think will be more important at LB instead of the energy Schlupp has (which I believe NP hoped would help push back Clyne v Southampton).

Not convinced they have better players, but i will concede the Knockaert point if you know better than me? Not seen him at all.

Your selection then... Changing the GK is a risky move, certainly sends out a message - but if Hamer doesn't have a good game then we're in the shite especially with a demotivated Schmeichel. I agree Kasper's not been quite at it yet this season, but it may be a tad early.

James and Cambiasso sitting in front I assume? For me, they're too similar playing in the same role. Albrighton? Powell?? I've seen nothing from either that would convince me over what I saw Knockaert do last year.

I think we need to get back to the high-tempo 4-4-2 style width and stop tinkering and worrying too much about the opposition each week. Personally...

Interesting.

If I may?

Hull City played 5 in midfield against a solid 442 once, we won that convincingly. I see no evidence that suggests you have to play a certain formation to deal with a 5-man midfield, frankly, if you play with width and tempo then 442 is ample.

Cambiasso can play in a midfield 2, perhaps not 90 mins, but he could play in front of the back 4 easily and allow Andy King to push on.

Schlupp coming out was for a wiser head which I think will be more important at LB instead of the energy Schlupp has (which I believe NP hoped would help push back Clyne v Southampton).

Not convinced they have better players, but i will concede the Knockaert point if you know better than me? Not seen him at all.

Your selection then... Changing the GK is a risky move, certainly sends out a message - but if Hamer doesn't have a good game then we're in the shite especially with a demotivated Schmeichel. I agree Kasper's not been quite at it yet this season, but it may be a tad early.

James and Cambiasso sitting in front I assume? For me, they're too similar playing in the same role. Albrighton? Powell?? I've seen nothing from either that would convince me over what I saw Knockaert do last year.

I think we need to get back to the high-tempo 4-4-2 style width and stop tinkering and worrying too much about the opposition each week. Personally...

I respect you and your opinion, young alex. But you imagine us to be a team with a heart that beats furiously and it doesn't. You also anticipate an opponent that is exceptionally compliant.

I would much prefer to be wrong than right and we both just want us to win tomorrow. We'll be cheering us along regardless of team or tactics. I think NP is as unlikely to select my 11 as yours. As always and as he should, he will go his own way.

I too respect you BN and love your Avatar.

You know, if Joey was playing, it would be much better. Imagine he and Stephen Hughes in the middle of the park? Eh? Wow.

I'd change young Alex for an even younger Alex.

I don't think age is on his side any longer.

The morning of reckoning is upon us, will we be relegated?

Woke up feeling excited for this game. I think we'll win today.

Even had a dream of the game. I think the lineup we had was Hamer, RDL, Wasi, Morgan, Konch, Cambiasso, Albrighton, Knocky, Powell, Ulloa, Nuge in a diamond - although not sure I'd want that lineup, I certainly don't think Kasper should be dropped.

We went 1-0 down then got a penalty to level it up then took control.

Bring on 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670