Pre Match Leicester v Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahrez and Schlupp both came on as subs in international matches last night in Mali and Ghana, and presumably are only starting their journey back today

No way he'll play them on Saturday

I Would go with

Schmeichel
De Laet, Morgan, Moore, Konchesky
Cambiasso, Hammond
Mahrez, King, Schlupp
Ulloa

Definitely swap Wasilewski for Moore and possibly swap Powell for King and I think this is our best option right now. If Schlupp and/or Mahrez are not deemed ready to play then swap them for Albrighton and/or Knockaert.

All about opinions I suppose BN. What's your lineup?

Taking apart your line up: we cannot play Cambiasso as part of a two in midfield and King was been appalling recently so I wouldn't play him either. Surely De Laet has to be dropped?? We played Schlupp at left back at Soton and he did well so we can't just drop him after one game there. Vardy has only played well once this season and, at best, only merits being used as an impact sub. Knockaert has been diabolical this season and doesn't even merit a place on the bench. Sunderland play five in midfield (and they have better players) so you can't play two strikers and concede the midfield entirely unless you want to play route one.

Apart from that, I'm in total agreement.

It has to be either 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. If pushed, I'd probably go with something like this:

Hamer
Simpson Wasyl Morgan Schlupp
James Cambiasso
Albrighton Powell Mahrez
Ulloa

I don't really like that side much either though. But fecked if I can make a silk purse out of our sow's ear.

Tony P could mind.

Taking apart your line up: we cannot play Cambiasso as part of a two in midfield and King was been appalling recently so I wouldn't play him either. Surely De Laet has to be dropped?? We played Schlupp at left back at Soton and he did well so we can't just drop him after one game there. Vardy has only played well once this season and, at best, only merits being used as an impact sub. Knockaert has been diabolical this season and doesn't even merit a place on the bench. Sunderland play five in midfield (and they have better players) so you can't play two strikers and concede the midfield entirely unless you want to play route one.

Apart from that, I'm in total agreement.

It has to be either 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. If pushed, I'd probably go with something like this:

Hamer
Simpson Wasyl Morgan Schlupp
James Cambiasso
Albrighton Powell Mahrez
Ulloa

I don't really like that side much either though. But fecked if I can make a silk purse out of our sow's ear.

Tony P could mind.

Brilliant.

Gone through Sunderland's squad; gotta be one of the worst in the division. Either players past their best or only ever performed consistently in the Championship.

Ill go 1-0 City.

Definitely swap Wasilewski for Moore and possibly swap Powell for King and I think this is our best option right now. If Schlupp and/or Mahrez are not deemed ready to play then swap them for Albrighton and/or Knockaert.

Have you seen Powell in the last two games where he came on?

He charges around like a clueless schoolboy in the playground and makes ridiculously rash and stupid decisions on the ball. He looks like he's playing "hot potato", just get rid of the ball as soon as possible and wherever it goes I don't care as long as it's not with me.

His footballing brain is absolutely non-existent.

He charges around like a clueless schoolboy in the playground and makes ridiculously rash and stupid decisions on the ball. He looks like he's playing "hot potato", just get rid of the ball as soon as possible and wherever it goes I don't care as long as it's not with me.

Do you rate him then?

Agreed. He reminds me of Jesse Lingard during his time on loan with us.

You can hardly dismiss him as a player following two late appearances in games where his team mates were lost and confused when he joined them. I mean, I know I'm judgemental, but blimey.

He is the only player I'm aware of in our squad that can link midfield and attack. He can pass more incisively than any of our other midfielders, he has a physical presence, he takes up intelligent positions, he makes good runs into the area. In short, he's what we're desperately missing.

If he plays two or three matches from the start and does nothing, then fine. But to ridicule him now is absurd.

Anyone fancy a hand shandy before the game?

Gone through Leicester's squad; gotta be one of the worst in the division. Either players past their best or only ever performed consistently in the Championship.

Harsh but probably right.

You can hardly dismiss him as a player following two late appearances in games where his team mates were lost and confused when he joined them. I mean, I know I'm judgemental, but blimey.

He is the only player I'm aware of in our squad that can link midfield and attack. He can pass more incisively than any of our other midfielders, he has a physical presence, he takes up intelligent positions, he makes good runs into the area. In short, he's what we're desperately missing.

If he plays two or three matches from the start and does nothing, then fine. But to ridicule him now is absurd.

Did I say I had dismissed him as a player? I was stating that how someone can want him in from the start on the basis of his last two substitute appearances is beyond me.

I haven't seen any of the incisive passing, physical presence or intelligence you mention, in the last two games.

I don't see where, by mentioning his last two substitute performances, I have dismissed him as a player. Mind boggling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670