Match Thread Leicester v Tottenham

Status
Not open for further replies.
He simply has to do something to address the right hand side.

Unbelievable that Ricardo didn't start.

JJ isn't having an awful game IMO but is just being overwhelmed, and seems to be too narrow a lot of the time which looks like a tactic rather than him drifting off.

Fatawu is doing a lot of tracking back but we need a defender to be on Son.

Good things:

Buonanotte looks very good with the ball.
Kristiansen has looked solid.
Winks remains a tidy and reliable footballer.
There is evidence of a plan, even if I don’t agree with it.

Bad things:

Getting mauled down the right.
Ndidi looks a million miles off it.
While we have a plan, I’m not sure we have the expertise and personnel to execute it.
We won’t score many goals.

The gulf in class is ridiculous. We should be out of sight at half time but somehow it's only 1.

We really shouldn't have expected anything else. We have done well to only be 1-0 down.

That was pretty terrible.

The only good thing is that's it's only 0-1.

No shots on target.
No real pressure.
The only reason Spurs didn't score more is there lack of finishing and taking there foot off the gas after scoring.

It's going to be a long season.

Better than I was expecting. Stay in this and nick one on the counter.

Buonanotte looks the Messi I was promised. Fatawu looks up for it. Kristiansen working hard. JJ not injured within 45 minutes. Some positives for sure.

Keep going boys… avoid a confidence whacker and take positives.

Well and truly outclassed. While it's only 1-0 we're still in with a chance of pinching something but we need to be better in pretty much all departments. The defending has looked shoddy at times, we've been a bit sloppy in posession at times and there's really been next to nothing to shout about regarding creating chances.

No attacking intent, hoping for a lucky goal on the break… always a chance whilst it’s only 1-0.

But if they keep creating these types of chances it won’t stay 1-0 for long.

0-1 half time, I'll take that.

Only real positives from that half are that it's still only 1 and Buonanotte looks amazing on the ball.

Not been able to threaten going forward at all though and Vardy has been completely non existent - I'm not sure if we can get away with starting him on his own like this as the games when you done have the ball, you have to have a striker who will press the defence like mad and be able to hold the ball on the rare occasions it does go forward. I think we'd have been better with Cannon purely for his younger legs/higher work rate.

Still we're not completely out of it yet and glimpses from Buonanotte, and Fatawu to be fair to him, give me faint hope we could create something!...

Well, for all those folk who were glad Enzo went because of all that boring passing and calmness on the ball, you're in luck....

We can't string more than two passes together and look like we don't know what the **** to do with the ball when we eventually get it.

This is no different to the pre-season shit we served up. There is just no plan at all; well, unless it is actually to defend deep and knock it long for no one to chase. We have Cordova-Reid marking Solanke when there's about a two foot difference in height and we have absolutely no ability to hold onto the ball.

If I’m being honest, I expected it to be worse.
I kinda of agree with this but it's only the scoreline keeping it from being worse, somehow.

We've been completely dominated and created nothing so it's been a bit of a battering so far, and a walk for them.

Still only a goal, keep it tight for the first 20-25mins and then we can try and have a few shots.

They’ve barely got out of second gear and are battering us. We’re back to smashing the ball up the field and defending for our lives. It’s pretty galling to watch - how the mighty have fallen.

Well, for all those folk who were glad Enzo went because of all that boring passing and calmness on the ball, you're in luck....

We can't string more than two passes together and look like we don't know what the **** to do with the ball when we eventually get it.

This is no different to the pre-season shit we served up. There is just no plan at all; well, unless it is actually to defend deep and knock it long for no one to chase. We have Cordova-Reid marking Solanke when there's abouta two foot difference in height and we have absolutely no ability to hold onto the ball.
Yep, I'm still pleased Enzo ****ed off. ****ing mercenary wanker. **** him.

Far too easy for them. If our plan is to sit back and absorb it, you’ve got to get at least some pressure on the ball when they get further up the pitch. We’re far too passive and the goal came from exactly that scenario.

This is no different to the pre-season shit we served up. There is just no plan at all; well, unless it is actually to defend deep and knock it long for no one to chase. We have Cordova-Reid marking Solanke when there's abouta two foot difference in height and we have absolutely no ability to hold onto the ball.
I get the impression we aren’t much focused on the attacking part of it all at the minute.

Looks to me he’s decided to be hard to beat, and frustrating to play against first and foremost. Then, yes, get the ball up the pitch as quickly as possible.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s grim to watch, but I do think that’s where his focus is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46