Pre Match Leicester v Watford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might have to predict another loss.

I loathe and despise the idiocy of 'fate' and 'superstition'. Yet annoyingly, there is a warm comfort when dpj starts another pre-match thread with an inane ramble.
:icon_lol: I've said it before, I'll say it again. 2014 Brown Nose is awesome.

Got tickets for this one...anyone suggest a good place to park where there's a good pub with food near the ground please?

last time I parked off Aylestone Road at a pub called the Black/With Horse, bloody packed with away fans! Used to be (20 years ago) my local haunt!!!

Got tickets for this one...anyone suggest a good place to park where there's a good pub with food near the ground please?

last time I parked off Aylestone Road at a pub called the Black/With Horse, bloody packed with away fans! Used to be (20 years ago) my local haunt!!!

The Font

Car park (£4) directly outside and a great selection of beer and food. Could also nip to the Robert Peel just down the end of the road for a more match day feel.

The Font

Car park (£4) directly outside and a great selection of beer and food. Could also nip to the Robert Peel just down the end of the road for a more match day feel.

Nipped in here before the Derby game a couple of weeks back. I wasn't aware it had been refurbished. What a transformation! Hopefully going back on Saturday, and hopefully a similar result :icon_bigg

The Font

Just don't wear a football shirt, for some reason they don't want football fans in there. It is very good though.

Font is a good shout as never had a bad meal in there and good prices too if you're after some typical pub grub.

If you're driving though and coming from the motorway I would advise avoiding Lutterworth Rd/Aylestone Rd as the traffic through their is a nightmare now. Better to go down Narb Rd or if you do come up Soar Valley Way best to go down Saffron Lane.

Saying that, if you're coming up for food you should be well before the rush but anytime after 1300 is best to avoid imo.

Last edited:
Cheers Lako and all, The Font it is.

Where is the parking and pub in relation to the ground, I know The Saff (as I used to live off it), is it the Aylestonexside of the ground or the City Centre side?

Anyone fancy a pint there?

Cheers all.

Cheers Lako and all, The Font it is.

Where is the parking and pub in relation to the ground, I know The Saff (as I used to live off it), is it the Aylestonexside of the ground or the City Centre side?

Anyone fancy a pint there?

Cheers all.

it's right near the hospital and DMU. It is a simple 5-10 minute walk to the ground. Both parking and pub is on gateway St.

Nipped in here before the Derby game a couple of weeks back. I wasn't aware it had been refurbished. What a transformation! Hopefully going back on Saturday, and hopefully a similar result :icon_bigg

It is excellent now that it's been refurbished.

A good selection of beers that change every game as well.

The run will end sometime (at Forest as per the usual script)but I think on Saturday we will win by a couple. Watford look mentally weak judging from the Forest game, if you attack them they struggle. When playing against Watford, you need to keep the wing backs quiet and take advantage of their three at the back. I've noticed that they aren't great at tracking midfield runners and allow the opposition's central midfielders a lot of space around the 18 yard box. Reid profited from this last week as he picked out 3 assists unchallenged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566