Pre Match Leicester v West Bromwich Albion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

Certain to be a game against a stubborn defensive team. Kasper will be missed but hopefully Slimani will be fit to return. Its a game we should win although never easy against a Pulis team. Hopfully Mahrez can shine and create chances for the strikers. Vardy needs to score, Slimani will score if we create chances for him. I think a hard fought 1-0 victory Slimani

Not an easy game but get a goal early on and we could put 2 or 3 past them.

Shinji to come back in for this one from the start. Same team as the last league game for me, except Zieler in for Kasper of course.

Our defence is going to have to step it up because Kasper's been saving them a lot recently.

last game before international break is an important game to win. We're at home, it's West Brom.

2-0 victory and our push for a european place gathers momentum

zieler

Simpson
Morgan
Huth
Fuchs

Gray
King
Drinky
Musa

Okazaki
Slimani

Robert Huth:

Against Spurs I felt very hard done by. It seems we are trying to get toughness out of the game but nothing gets done about the softness, in my eyes it was a dive any day of the week, but the referee gave the penalty and that's it really, you have to deal with the disappointment.

This is an important point that the authorities need to look at.

Over the last 50 years the game has greatly reduced the amount of toughness and I can understand that - even though it takes it further away from grass roots kick arounds - professional players need some protection as we want to watch them week in and week out. But they really need to clamp down on the "softness" as Huth calls it or the "Cheating" as I think of it where players fall down with the smallest of touches, or no touch at all and those who over exaggerate a foul. If a player is hurt so badly that he needs to roll around on the floor or stay down for 1 or 2 minutes, he probably needs at least that long on the touch line to recover.

Do not see the sense of having Slimani in the box if you do not have Albrighton to put crosses on to his head.

4-2 Leicester. Roberts (2), Whitlow and an own goal.

Do not see the sense of having Slimani in the box if you do not have Albrighton to put crosses on to his head.

Musa, Fuchs, Drinkwater and every ball from the back can use Slimani's head. Slimani is an intelligent footballer who gives us something we haven't had for quite some time. He's like an improved Steve Howard. I'm not against Albrighton playing -love him - I just have a feeling than Musa is going to score 8 in 8 PL games and prove to be the improved Jamie Vardy.

Can you imagine today's players being faced with that pitch?

We probably have the most beautiful pitch in the football league these days.

Except we're not in the football league.
No. but we play in the football league cup and some of us are too old to understand that the Prem though linked to the league isn't part of it.

Albrighton can't cross a football, there I said it.

I have now lost count of the amount of times he cuts back (so obvious now) and then smashes a ball at the nearest defender.

Albrighton plays because he offers a great defensive cover, not because of his quality ball crossing, not anymore anyway.

The pitch was better here;

David Tomlin - didn't remember him at all. I had to look him up and he was with us for 6years!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566