Pre Match Leicester vs Hull City

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one's got 3-2 written all over it. Not sure who'll get the three and who'll get the two though. I'll say minkiewhimsicaution brad hedge.

One of our main failings this season has been NPs extremely consistent inability to pick the right side/tactics for the opposition. That's why we've failed miserably in every first half and had to make changes in tactics and personnel for every second half before we start to play.

Today, we face Hull. He knows many of their players very well. He's had the opportunity to learn from 6 of their games this season so can be in no doubt about how they will set up and play.

Much will be learnt from how we set up today and how we expose the oppositions weaknesses, whilst reinforcing our own defence where required. Today will tell us a lot about whether we can improve enough to compete for promotion.

Last edited:
Mowtow-I will try not to gloat now we are all friends.

I've met a few Hull fans, nice chaps too. You come on here and post a load of shit. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't choose to be a friend of yours. Sorry sweet cheeks.

One of our main failings this season has been NPs extremely consistent inability to pick the right side/tactics for the opposition. That's why we've failed miserably in every first half and had to make changes in tactics and personnel for every second half before we start to play.

Today, we face Hull. He knows many of their players very well. He's had the opportunity to learn from 6 of their games this season so can be in no doubt about how they will set up and play.

Much will be learnt from how we set up today and how we expose the oppositions weaknesses, whilst reinforcing our own defence where required. Today will tell us a lot about whether we can improve enough to compete for promotion.

Surely successfully changing tactics was a sign of good management. My understanding was that this is why Steve Walsh Sr sits high up rather than on the bench - to watch the tactics away from the moment by moment action.

In what way has Nigel consistently picked the wrong team. None of the players on the bench on Wednesday have done enough to force themselves into the team the way that King did earlier in the season. If most people on this forum picked the team it would not be that different to Nigel's.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head
• Leicester are looking for a 25th win from their 75th league and cup clash with Hull, who have won 28 of the previous 74.
• The Tigers have failed to score in only one of their last 18 league encounters with the Foxes.
• These clubs have only been separated by more than two goals in one of their last 23 meetings spanning over 40 years.

Leicester City
• The Foxes have a 100% winning league record at home, and 100% losing league record away from home.
• They are chasing a third win in four outings, and a fourth in a row at the King Power Stadium.
• Nigel Pearson welcomes the club he managed for just over 16 months between June 2010 and November 2011.

Hull City
• Steve Bruce has guided Hull to their best start in 19 years, with 13 points from six games, and a three-match winning sequence.
• The Tigers have come from behind to win two of those last three games.
• The East Yorkshire club will be attempting to avoid their 600th away defeat in second-level league football.

In typical female fashion the only thing important to me at the moment is what to wear - it looks cold out there

In typical female fashion the only thing important to me at the moment is what to wear - it looks cold out there

My first game of the season... so far I have three layers on and a parka to add on top. I need to find my gloves...

Can't decide whether to wear a jacket or just a t shirt. It gets a bit warm in the stadium most weeks.

Can't decide whether to wear a jacket or just a t shirt. It gets a bit warm in the stadium most weeks.

i wore shorts and a vest top the last time but I suspect that might not be enough today :)

Surely successfully changing tactics was a sign of good management. My understanding was that this is why Steve Walsh Sr sits high up rather than on the bench - to watch the tactics away from the moment by moment action.

In what way has Nigel consistently picked the wrong team. None of the players on the bench on Wednesday have done enough to force themselves into the team the way that King did earlier in the season. If most people on this forum picked the team it would not be that different to Nigel's.

So NP picks a team and tactics and they don't work and that is a sign of good management? Surely having to change personnel and tactics from those initially selected in order to make any impact on games shows that the opposite is true?

There are severe limitations in terms of line up and tactics mainly due to the fact that the squad is very small with very few options in it, apart from having too many attackers. Again, the manager created this situation. For example, we can't select a different defence as the only other two defenders we have consist of a young kid whose last performance was very poor and a centre back that is clearly lacking in match fitness. If we wanted to play three central midfielders, there is no choice because we only have three fit ones. I also think that we can't really change the strikers as both scored on Wednesday and, to build confidence, they need to play again.

Despite my criticisms, I truly hope we play well and win today. In some ways, it would take some of the pressure off NP and give him the opportunity to get our away tactics right. Given the circumstances and options available, I'd only change Danns for Marshall to give us more strength in the centre of midfield and allow Knockaert a free(ish) more attacking role. However, as I said, NP should be picking a team to counter Hull and if this means making further changes, that's fine. I actually think he'll select an unchanged team irrespective of whether that's the right decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669