Pre Match Leicester vs Hull City

Status
Not open for further replies.
it was a fact that Nuge would eventually get his 100th goal, for sure we will get a first half goal. Same team (Burnley second half formation) Foxes to score first in 2-1 win Knockaert Morgan

Yes, Beckford for Vardy and Danns for James.

Agreed, especially on Danns in for James. I'm not the biggest fan of Danns as I feel he gives the ball away too easily, but what he does do is bring a willingness to defend from further forward which we have lacked so far this season. The defence could do with the extra protection.

Last edited:
I wouldn't change the team but I would set up the same as we finished against Burnley with Knockeart in the middle. The players who were poor against Burnley don't have a replacement waiting.

I can't see Danns starting. After the Burton game NP commented that some players had been complaining about not being given a chance and then wasted their opportunity. Since then Danns has only made the bench once and that was mainly due to King being injured.

If James does start and plays poorly then maybe Danns will be given the opportunity as a sub but he shouldn't just walk into the first team. Both King And Knockaert have impressed during substitute appearances and worked their way into the team.

Any update on Kingy's fitness? I know he had a scan on Monday but haven't heard the results.

I agree that it's likely to be an unchanged team, but I would be bringing King in if possible (for James). I would also bring in Beckford (for Vardy), but I don't think that will happen.

NP said earlier in the week that he probably wouldn't feature on Sunday.

1-1. Hull score in the first half against the run of play, probably Koren to give you some more gripe ammunition, and then a late headed Schmeichel bullet from a corner saves a point.

I've not actually seen James make a telling contribution yet, which does make me wonder what role he's actually supposed to perform in the team. Personally I'd give Danns the nod too - but he's got to step it up soon too.

I couldn't give a toss who starts up front, although I like Nugent and he was one of our better players last season. Beckford and Vardy have both failed to impress, the former more so for me in the glimpses I have seen.

Oh, and f*ck it we'll win 2-1.

Last edited:
I think the criticism of James is a bit harsh. He's doing the tidy stuff well and he's very good in the tackle(!).

Just because he's not scoring or creating goals, doesn't mean he's having a bad game. He's playing a similar role to King when everyone was criticising him for the same things.

Obviously used to playing in a 3-man midfield

I think the criticism of James is a bit harsh. He's doing the tidy stuff well and he's very good in the tackle(!).

Just because he's not scoring or creating goals, doesn't mean he's having a bad game. He's playing a similar role to King when everyone was criticising him for the same things.

Obviously used to playing in a 3-man midfield

Indeed. I thought he was nervous and anonymous against Peterborough but has looked tidy and effective since then. I'd sooner King in the team as I think he offers more attacking options, but I think Drinkwater has looked better alongside James than he did King.

If(a BIG if)we play as in the last 3 games it will be a nightmare for your defence.
Our attackers are changing position constantly and at pace.
3,000 expected from Hull

6-0

De Laet, Konchesky, James, Vardy, Drinkwater and Beckford (coming on as sub) to score.

Post Match Thread to be only 1 page as nobody has anything to moan about. The only post coming from cafe admitting he has been spouting rubbish for the past year and finally trundles off to wherever he came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669