Pre Match Leicester vs Hull City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macky

Gruntled Member
True, but the exception rather than the rule Willow.

No, the logical course to follow would be the rule not the exception. Such is the nature of exceptions, they rarely occur, that's why they're called 'exceptions'.

The Old Fox

Pearson played Beckford last season and he started this season. He has fallen down the pecking order as he wasn't scoring. We tried to get him out on loan as Pearson obviously thought Kane would do as good a job, if not better, for less money. Again, I can't see where the supposed bad man management is.

Why is six games into a season too soon to judge a manager but three games is enough to turn a player that had been a regular starter, both last season and in those three games, into an unwanted reject? :102:

Matt_B

Why is six games into a season too soon to judge a manager but three games is enough to turn a player that had been a regular starter, both last season and in those three games, into an unwanted reject? :102:

Where did I say it was?

Willlow

Why does there have to of been a falling out? Pearson might want to go in a different direction and Beckford might want to leave. Beckford hardly looks pi$$ed off sittin on the bench and if he was annoyed about my playing surely there would have been complaints from his camp?

Matt_B

Why does there have to of been a falling out? Pearson might want to go in a different direction and Beckford might want to leave. Beckford hardly looks pi$$ed off sittin on the bench and if he was annoyed about my playing surely there would have been complaints from his camp?

It fits with what people want to believe about the two of them, I guess.

cafe

Hull Troll
We will possibly be playing to go top of the league.No Laudrup sanctioned suitcases required for our lads.
Just going for a 20 mile run on Yorkshire Wolds.Sunny day in Hull.Healthy body healthy mind etc.
Tiger tiger burning bright...

Billyjof

Hey Café.

Seeing as you haven't been banned and there is a very good chance you might get what you so desire. What then are you going to buzz off and annoy Barnsley fans? I for one would like to welcome you into the fold. Behind that tough rather obscure exterior is obviously a person who enjoys joyous romantic strolls on the Wolds. I’m sure has been playing us all along with his purposeful grammatical oddities.

Healthy body, Healthy mind. surely you are not a middle aged overweight pizza loving Paul Raymond abuser?

You must stay and preach to us all. Oh wiser one.

gregs_y2k

Pearson proved with SSL he is happy to bring a player back into the fold if it is right for the team.

he didn't really have too much of a choice after falling out with Mills too. Went for the lesser of two evils in his eyes.

gregs_y2k

Exactly. I've seen people mention the falling out with Howard, despite the fact that they worked well together for 2 years before. Gradel wanted to leave because we couldn't offer him first team football and his family life was not great. He's hardly set the world alight elsewhere so I don't see it as a bad mood, it certainly didn't seem a case of falling out with someone. DJ hasn't lasted more than a season at any club I don't think, maybe 2 at Blackpool? He also made it very clear he didn't want to play for us so I'm not sure why Pearson should be trying to change his mind?

Most people were anti-Mills last season but as SPL as he's sold it's apparently due to bad man management? Those who seek them will find/fabricate flaws everywhere.

WOW! talk about making yourself look foolish in an argument. Gradel was one of the most highly rated players in the Championship and went to a top tier french side and features for them quite regularly. Just because he plays in a different country doesn't mean he's a failure. The french league isn't great but it's still better than the Championship.

DJ spent two seasons at Blackpool and went to another premier league club following their relegation. That's a pretty standard move and their was a exodus of players from Blackpool following their relegation so I think you're looking for something that isn't there. He's still on QPR's books but is about to rejoin Blackpool on loan now, so that's shot your argument full of holes.

Last edited:

gregs_y2k

Pearson played Beckford last season and he started this season. He has fallen down the pecking order as he wasn't scoring. We tried to get him out on loan as Pearson obviously thought Kane would do as good a job, if not better, for less money. Again, I can't see where the supposed bad man management is.

Beckford played a couple of games before being dropped. Nugent hadn't scored in 11 until Wednesday and scored against a team he always has a habit of scoring against so his poor run may not yet be over (although I hope it is). To drop down the selection list so quickly in such a short time is unnatural. If what you're suggesting is true, then surely he wouldn't have been replaced by Nugent

Matt_B

Beckford played a couple of games before being dropped. Nugent hadn't scored in 11 until Wednesday and scored against a team he always has a habit of scoring against so his poor run may not yet be over (although I hope it is). To drop down the selection list so quickly in such a short time is unnatural. If what you're suggesting is true, then surely he wouldn't have been replaced by Nugent

Ah so we don't count the goal because he apparently has a habit of scoring against a team? Wow.

Matt_B

WOW! talk about making yourself look foolish in an argument. Gradel was one of the most highly rated players in the Championship and went to a top tier french side and features for them quite regularly. Just because he plays in a different country doesn't mean he's a failure. The french league isn't great but it's still better than the Championship.

DJ spent two seasons at Blackpool and went to another premier league club following their relegation. That's a pretty standard move and their was a exodus of players from Blackpool following their relegation so I think you're looking for something that isn't there. He's still on QPR's books but is about to rejoin Blackpool on loan now, so that's shot your argument full of holes.

I still don't see how we missed Gradel? Plenty of players are considered to be highly rated and go on to just drift around the mid table. You still have yet to provide any evidence of any fallings out. We can only play two strikers, so some have to sit on the bench. Surely is Beckford was that far down the pecking order then Schlupp would be on the bench instead? Maybe Beckford doesn't bother in training, should he still get a game?

gregs_y2k

Ah so we don't count the goal because he apparently has a habit of scoring against a team? Wow.

I'm not saying it doesn't count I'm just saying it doesn't mean he'll start banging them in left, right and centre. I spoke to a Burnley fan this week and he said he was going to put money on Nugent scoring because it always happens....funny how you missed out my point on Nugent's low goal tally but getting in ahead of Beckford and focused on a non issue instead.

gregs_y2k

You don't see how we missed a talented, energetic and pacy midfielder? He's better than Dyer and easily on a par with Marshall. Worst decision this club made in a long while letting him go to Leeds.

Mawsley

One's too many, ten's not enough.

Matt_B

You don't see how we missed a talented, energetic and pacy midfielder? He's better than Dyer and easily on a par with Marshall. Worst decision this club made in a long while letting him go to Leeds.

We'll have to disagree on this one, Marshall looks a lot bett er. Were it not for the goal against MK Dons I doubt as many would be bothered we sold him. It still doesn't point to any falling out or inability to handle player. The argument seems to be that he can't handle big players anyway, of which Gradel certainly wasn't one. I get the feeling you think players should be able to act like prissy premadonnas and its up to the manager to deal with this?

gregs_y2k

We'll have to disagree on this one, Marshall looks a lot bett er. Were it not for the goal against MK Dons I doubt as many would be bothered we sold him. It still doesn't point to any falling out or inability to handle player. The argument seems to be that he can't handle big players anyway, of which Gradel certainly wasn't one. I get the feeling you think players should be able to act like prissy premadonnas and its up to the manager to deal with this?

Was Gradel being a premadonna? I don't think so, he asked to leave because we'd signed N'guessan and saw his first team chances disappearing. There's nothing wrong with a player looking to move on if they don't see a future at the club, which Gradel ddidn't have here.

Also what about all the goals he went on to score and set up at Leeds? I certainly see them as evidence that we made the wrong decision. Everyone hails Pearson and his staff with the ability to spot and develop good and young talented individuals, yet they overlooked Gradel and all for for the sake of bringing in a dud.

TornadoShaunUK

I have to say I agree with Matt_B for a change. Marshall already looks a much better player than Max Gradel ever showed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669