Pre Match Leicester vs. Watford (FA Cup 3rd Round)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Nose

Our FA Cup defence begins with us facing a former hero (if he's still there next week) with a decimated squad of players.

Based on BRs press conference, we can write off the following players for this game: Justin, Fofana, Soyuncu, Evans, Amartey, Ricardo, Benkovic, Ndidi, Mendy, Vardy, Iheanacho and Daka.

If we don't sustain further injuries or lose anyone to illness - and that's a big if - we will have the following 15 players to select from, not including the kids:

Schmeichel, Ward, Bertrand, Vestergaard, Castagne, Thomas, Barnes, Tielemans, Maddison, Albrighton, Choudhury, Dewsbury-Hall, Soumare, Perez, Lookman.

That's two keepers, four defenders (three of them being full backs), nine midfielders and no strikers.

PL rules say if you have 14 players from your main squad list, you have to play. Not sure whether the FA Cup has similar rules or not. We're definitely going to be on the edge of postponing games through January given BR doesn't expect any of those currently unavailable to be back until late January at the earliest.

My guess is that there will be a battle on between City and the PL through January as the league want us to play matches, including rearranged fixtures in blank midweeks, whilst we want to keep those gaps free and cancel already scheduled matches. I honestly don't think it's a stretch to imagine us not playing any matches in January. All it needs is another minor Covid outbreak and we're fecked.

Our FA Cup defence begins with us facing a former hero (if he's still there next week) with a decimated squad of players.

Based on BRs press conference, we can write off the following players for this game: Justin, Fofana, Soyuncu, Evans, Amartey, Ricardo, Benkovic, Ndidi, Mendy, Vardy, Iheanacho and Daka.

If we don't sustain further injuries or lose anyone to illness - and that's a big if - we will have the following 15 players to select from, not including the kids:

Schmeichel, Ward, Bertrand, Vestergaard, Castagne, Thomas, Barnes, Tielemans, Maddison, Albrighton, Choudhury, Dewsbury-Hall, Soumare, Perez, Lookman.

That's two keepers, four defenders (three of them being full backs), nine midfielders and no strikers.

PL rules say if you have 14 players from your main squad list, you have to play. Not sure whether the FA Cup has similar rules or not. We're definitely going to be on the edge of postponing games through January given BR doesn't expect any of those currently unavailable to be back until late January at the earliest.

My guess is that there will be a battle on between City and the PL through January as the league want us to play matches, including rearranged fixtures in blank midweeks, whilst we want to keep those gaps free and cancel already scheduled matches. I honestly don't think it's a stretch to imagine us not playing any matches in January. All it needs is another minor Covid outbreak and we're fecked.
Yes the scenario of a couple of covid cases leading us to be short of a team had crossed my mind too.

I'd forgotten about this game so haven't secured my season ticket seat. Won't bother now. The club really don't help themselves when it comes to selling tickets. The only email sent out about it was on December 14th when they went on sale but the Watford cup match was lost in a whole load of other ticket information for other games.

I'd forgotten about this game so haven't secured my season ticket seat. Won't bother now. The club really don't help themselves when it comes to selling tickets. The only email sent out about it was on December 14th when they went on sale but the Watford cup match was lost in a whole load of other ticket information for other games.
Sit somewhere else

Sit somewhere else

Which is exactly what I’m doing, as I forgot to buy one as well. There’s thousands left

Not quite sure why they have to send multiple emails out to season ticket holders - most of them moan that they get too many

Which is exactly what I’m doing, as I forgot to buy one as well. There’s thousands left

Not quite sure why they have to send multiple emails out to season ticket holders - most of them moan that they get too many
One email about one game would be fine.

Referee: Mike Dean.
Assistants: Ian Hussin & Derek Eaton.
Fourth Official: James Linington.
VAR: Stuart Atwell.
Assistant VAR: Marc Perry.

Click on the link* I put up earlier and you'll see from just over 2 years ago the under 23 team Of which 5 of them will probably be in the squad for Watford
Plus 2 others that would have been had they not gone to Africa

*the link was meant to show the team without need to click on it

Click on the link* I put up earlier and you'll see from just over 2 years ago the under 23 team Of which 5 of them will probably be in the squad for Watford
Plus 2 others that would have been had they not gone to Africa

*the link was meant to show the team without need to click on it
1641473954181.png

Hi. Quick question for those in the know. I've just bought 5 tickets to the game on Sat. 2 in my name, 1 in wife's and 1 each in the kids names. The tickets have been sent just fine so i presume buying more than 1 ticket per person is fine for this fixture.
I've just had the covid declaration email but don't have the option to put my guests name in and fill in declaration for them unless i register them on the site?
Is there a way round this or do i have to register each guest for them to be guaranteed entry?

Hi. Quick question for those in the know. I've just bought 5 tickets to the game on Sat. 2 in my name, 1 in wife's and 1 each in the kids names. The tickets have been sent just fine so i presume buying more than 1 ticket per person is fine for this fixture.
I've just had the covid declaration email but don't have the option to put my guests name in and fill in declaration for them unless i register them on the site?
Is there a way round this or do i have to register each guest for them to be guaranteed entry?

You're assuming a level of sophistication far beyond LCFC.

Most people walk in without any checks whatsoever. The ones that do get checked could wave a 10p off baked beans voucher at them and be encouraged on.

They ask for this but have no means of enforcing it. Don't worry.

Ta
It says on the site that you either pre-register or show nhs covid pass on request. which is not a great behavioural economics way to get people to pre-register.....
i'll presume that showing nhs booster vaccination pass will suffice...

Ta
It says on the site that you either pre-register or show nhs covid pass on request. which is not a great behavioural economics way to get people to pre-register.....
i'll presume that showing nhs booster vaccination pass will suffice...

Nobody really checks anything properly, so you’ll be fine

Kids are exempt from the checks, anyway

Daley-Campbell and Dewsbury-Hall is actually only two people
Yes and ‘Daley-Campbell, Dewsbury-Hall’ isn’t someone asking our Kiernan if he wants a bowl of soup everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566