Pre Match Leicester vs. Watford (FA Cup 3rd Round)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Likelihood of game being called off at 12?

0%.

Sides have been told to play FA Cup matches irrespective of absences. The rules are different to the PL so it doesn't matter how many players we're missing today, even if there are more ruled out due to Covid, we have to field a side.

No matter how horrific today's line up is, let us never forget the last time Ranieri and Leicester were together for an FA Cup match. Ranieri's final game in charge of City in this country was a pitiful defeat at Millwall almost five years ago.

The line up that day, for a 5th round tie(!), was:

Zieler
Amartey Wague Benaloune Chilwell
Kapustka King Mendy Gray
Okazaki Musa

Two points. Firstly, I'm not sure it's possible to select a worse team today. Secondly, that's the level of intent Ranieri puts into an FA Cup team selection when there are higher priority matches coming up.

There will be several new faces involved today but I'm personally quite excited about seeing Will Alves.

Firstly, he turns 17 next month but the prospect of us picking someone today born in 2005 makes me shudder. 2005 was yesterday.

Alves is an attacking midfielder which may mean he is on the bench rather than starting. However, the club are extremely excited about him and he seems exceptional technically. If he can handle playing against men, he could be fast-streamed into the first team squad.

There will be several new faces involved today but I'm personally quite excited about seeing Will Alves.

Firstly, he turns 17 next month but the prospect of us picking someone today born in 2005 makes me shudder. 2005 was yesterday.

Alves is an attacking midfielder which may mean he is on the bench rather than starting. However, the club are extremely excited about him and he seems exceptional technically. If he can handle playing against men, he could be fast-streamed into the first team squad.
There seem to be lots of young players who the club are excited about.
Sammy Braybrook
Will Alves
Ben Nelson
Kian Pennant
Chris Popov
Tawanda Maswanhise
Wanya Marcal

I’m looking forward to today. Meeting me old man for a couple of beers in the centre and then walking down Filbert Street in the pissing rain. No idea about half of the players we’ll have on the pitch and it’ll probably be a shambles of a game. Back on the beers and a train to Melton for dinner and a night in the brewery.

Something refreshingly old school about today.

No matter how horrific today's line up is, let us never forget the last time Ranieri and Leicester were together for an FA Cup match. Ranieri's final game in charge of City in this country was a pitiful defeat at Millwall almost five years ago.

Zieler
Kapustka King Mendy Gray
Okazaki Musa

Two points. Firstly, I'm not sure it's possible to select a worse team today. Secondly, that's the level of intent Ranieri puts into an FA Cup team selection when there are higher priority matches coming up.
Was the moment I joined the Claudio out camp.

Zieler
Kapustka King Mendy Gray
Okazaki Musa

I'd completely forgotten about Wague. Fair point that Uncle Claudio will hopefully be sending out his own reserves, that will hopefully give the kids a bit more opportunity to make an impression

Late notice but my mate has just had a positive lateral flow, so I’ve a spare ticket (free of charge) for the match if anyone wants it, the downside is you’ll have to sit next to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566