Lets Reawaken the Prophets Of Doom

Should Kelly Stay or Go ...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is all fairly similar to king martin IMO. and i'll bet some of you were the ones spitting and calling for his head then, before it all became rosy. BTW im not saying he is as good as martin o'neill, :018:

i think he's a smashing bloke ;) and with the cash problems we had and team we've got we could only expect a mid table finish and we are there or there-abouts so he's done a decent job. i was never expecting any more this season because of our financial situation. now we have financial stability, i reckon we should see how he fares when he can bring people in. im not saying give him loads of money like Peter Failure (see what i did there :)) and see him piss it up the wall but if hes done this well with no money, lets see how he handles havin some to splash.

the only reason i can think to get rid of him is because he keeps playing Hughes. even my blind dog can see hes not even worthy enough to play for Thurnby Rangers.

...now you can slate me

this is all fairly similar to king martin IMO. and i'll bet some of you were the ones spitting and calling for his head then, before it all became rosy. BTW im not saying he is as good as martin o'neill, :018:

i think he's a smashing bloke ;) and with the cash problems we had and team we've got we could only expect a mid table finish and we are there or there-abouts so he's done a decent job. i was never expecting any more this season because of our financial situation. now we have financial stability, i reckon we should see how he fares when he can bring people in. im not saying give him loads of money like Peter Failure (see what i did there :)) and see him piss it up the wall but if hes done this well with no money, lets see how he handles havin some to splash.

the only reason i can think to get rid of him is because he keeps playing Hughes. even my blind dog can see hes not even worthy enough to play for Thurnby Rangers.

...now you can slate me

I won't point out just how stupid that post is, there are plenty on here with better elocution than myself, I'll just sit back and watch!

I think that if Kelly had been a manager before or even done something to prove himself I would have given him more time. As it is, I just can't see he has what it takes.

He has proven himself this season, unfortunately he has proven himself to be an incompentant, we are in pretty much the same position as last season, he has shown no improvement whatsoever. Other managers have done more with less (both players, money and support) yet he continues to drag the worst out of the players he has.

I won't point out just how stupid that post is, there are plenty on here with better elocution than myself, I'll just sit back and watch!
Let me begin......:icon_bigg

Firstly, Pistol - why do you think we need more money to make Alan Maybury, Stephen Hughes, Ian Hume, Andy Johnson, richard Stearman, Jason Jarrett, Elvis Hammond, Matty Fryatt to name but a few, play better?, why is money the issue?

You say Kelly has no money, what would you expect him to do with it?, bribe these players into playing better?

Last edited:
Kelly Out as manager; but deomte kelly as one of our first team coches

Exactly the point I have made several times Melts. It does not matter that he has no money. Kelly has shown himself to be totally inept because in a year he has failed to make most of the players improve as individuals or as a team. The one exception was Kisnorbo who Kelly moved from CM to CB with astonishing improvements. We have all seen little flashes of brilliance from most of the players, but no consistency. Even worse on many occasions most of the players do not appear motivated to want to try to give of their best.
Motivation is entirely down to the manager. I do not buy any of this crap from Birch and others about 'once they cross the white line', it is down to the player. They should cross that white line with fire in their bellies and pride in their hearts BECAUSE of what the manager has done.
Finally, Kelly has poor tactical judgement of a game and how to respond. Swapping a striker for a striker is not necessarily the best way to improve your chances of scoring. If you are chasing the game be brave, 3-4-3 or whatever.

I am sorry Kelly but you have done virtually nothing to suggest you are capable of organising ANY group of players into a cohesive, highly motivated team capable of sustaining a promotion push. Treading water is not enough.

Last edited:
Aye, he must go and go now, his tactics have been mysterious to say the least, his inability to change formation to turn a game and the total lack of motivational skills have turned potential promotion challengers into boring strugglers. Leave now with your head up Rob, rather than wait for your inevitable P45.

To his credit though (perhaps), he must know deep down that he won't be the manager of Leicester City Football Club next year, and so must find it difficult to motivate himself let alone anyone else, yet he continues to do his job with dignity, that, if for no other reason, is why he should go now. Admit defeat and leave with your pride and dignity intact.

Top post Newts, I remember the opening day of last season after we were well beaten at Bramall Lane and the players were given a decent ovation as the fans could see the effort and commitment that had been shown. Too many times this season the players have let the fans down with half hearted performances and that is where the manager should come into his own and earn his money, regardless of budgets or takeovers, the players should always give 100%, effort, commitment and passion cost nothing and yet they have been missing in abundance this season and yet still people defend Kelly.

Absolutely agree. I wouldnt mind if they tried and we came 10th. I was proud of them after the West Brom game, although it wasnt a win, it was a performance which gave me some pride.

On the Levein thing, I think I started a poll in October saying get rid, everyone went against me.

Last edited:
Aye, he must go and go now, his tactics have been mysterious to say the least, his inability to change formation to turn a game and the total lack of motivational skills have turned potential promotion challengers into boring strugglers. Leave now with your head up Rob, rather than wait for your inevitable P45.
To his credit though (perhaps), he must know deep down that he won't be the manager of Leicester City Football Club next year, and so must find it difficult to motivate himself let alone anyone else, yet he continues to do his job with dignity, that, if for no other reason, is why he should go now. Admit defeat and leave with your pride and dignity intact.

Walk out now with nothing - or wait for the sack and leave with a year's wages? I know what I would do.

Walk out now with nothing - or wait for the sack and leave with a year's wages? I know what I would do.

I think if he does go it will probably be a "mutual consent" type scenario, maybe using the reason that MM wants a higher profile man in charge. That way Kelly can still get paid off and he'll find it easier to get another job if he's not been sacked.

His one redeeming feature was that he signed McCauley...

and the rumour is that he would have been Levein's next signing anyway.

Why ? he failed as part of CLs regime.:102:

He very specifically wasn't part of Levein's regime. He was brought in by the club, not by Levein.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570