Levein won't go quietly

Status
Not open for further replies.
It probably isn't even a big deal. Usually someone in the press pounces on a comment (which is normally secondary to the actual reason for the interview), and makes a big issue out of it, like it is some sort of world exclusive!

Not really bothered anyway. I will say that Levein would have probably made a good Director of football. He has a good eye for promising youngsters, only the evidence suggests he doesn't actually have a clue how to coach his way out of a paper bag!

CL is a cock..... and this interview proves it. Just let him feck off and rot in Scotland somewhere

Some Home truths for Levein:

1. Had 30 games to take us to play offs from mid table and nearly got us relegated in 04/05.

2. Had 30 games under his belt when he was sacked and we were in a relegation slot.

3. Never managed more than 2 wins on the spin and then only once in 60 games in charge.

4. Only 2 wins out of 30 games on the road.

5. Only 26 points from 30 games when he was sacked. Had he continued we would have been relegated with just 40 points.

6. Rob Kelly managed 28 points from first 15 games in charge. Had he had a full season at the helm we would have finished 4th with 80 points.

7. Rob Kelly won his first 3 on the spin. He accomplished this feat again by only his 9th game in charge.

8. Rob Kelly won 4 out of his first 5 away games - double the number of Levein's away wins in 1/6th of the games.

9. Had he been given a full season Levein would have been the only LCFC manager to preside over relegation to the third tier of English football (that would have looked great on your CV Craig).

10. Had he managed this extraordinary feat Levein would have taken over the Peter Taylor plinth in the Talking Balls 'Hall of Infamy.'

Count your blessings Craig. Now go and herd some sheep or poach some salmon or whatever it is you do up there when you're not destroying football clubs.

Welcome Kelly's Hero :039:

I like the aggressive tone of your post, you'll fit right in here mate :thumbs_up

Hope you enjoy the forum

Kelly's Hero said:
Some Home truths for Levein:

1. Had 30 games to take us to play offs from mid table and nearly got us relegated in 04/05.

2. Had 30 games under his belt when he was sacked and we were in a relegation slot.

3. Never managed more than 2 wins on the spin and then only once in 60 games in charge.

4. Only 2 wins out of 30 games on the road.

5. Only 26 points from 30 games when he was sacked. Had he continued we would have been relegated with just 40 points.

6. Rob Kelly managed 28 points from first 15 games in charge. Had he had a full season at the helm we would have finished 4th with 80 points.

7. Rob Kelly won his first 3 on the spin. He accomplished this feat again by only his 9th game in charge.

8. Rob Kelly won 4 out of his first 5 away games - double the number of Levein's away wins in 1/6th of the games.

9. Had he been given a full season Levein would have been the only LCFC manager to preside over relegation to the third tier of English football (that would have looked great on your CV Craig).

10. Had he managed this extraordinary feat Levein would have taken over the Peter Taylor plinth in the Talking Balls 'Hall of Infamy.'

Count your blessings Craig. Now go and herd some sheep or poach some salmon or whatever it is you do up there when you're not destroying football clubs.

Hello Kellys hero. Good first post:icon_bigg

highland fox said:
He's gone now,just let it go..:icon_roll

It's the summer, we need someone to have a go at for the rubbish season just finished and the present incumbent is a hero who we have absolved of all responsibiltiy despite being the Assistant to CL.

So let us have our spiteful thread!

Kelly's Hero said:

Hello Kelly's Hero. Excellent first post and I completely agree.

But the above is contradictory! Out of interest, did he win 2 on the spin or not? I honestly can't remember.

Welcome to the forum. And sorry for being a sad, anoraky, statto, pedant.

Last edited:
highland fox said:
He's gone now,just let it go..:icon_roll
He has H, but just like my combine he has left a hell of a lot of shit behind that somebody needs to clear up. He may have gone, but the stink is still lingering

Nov/Dec '04 we beat Plymouth at home (or was it QPR?) and then Leeds away (or was it the other way round?). This was definitely the only time though we won back to back under Levein.

Back slapping much appreciated. But remember it's all downhil for me from now on...

lako42 said:
I dont believe you were included when the comment was made

sorry melton it wasnt you, i was responding to joe's reply to your comment, with the help of a slight edit.

Melton Fox said:
He has H, but just like my combine he has left a hell of a lot of shit behind that somebody needs to clear up. He may have gone, but the stink is still lingering

To be fair he also cleared up a load of old shite that he inherited.

Kelly's Hero said:
I take it that you are this board's wind up merchant in residence, Highland Fox?

Perceptive! :081:

Welcome to the madhouse:039:

No there isn't, HF is the only one. Stay away from him, he is dangerous. He will twist everything you say to be a gay sexual innuendo. He is not to be approached and should be added to your "ignore" list immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669