Levein won't go quietly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stevie Lynex on the wing said:
The truth is CL ran out of time, he genuinely thought he would turn it around but as soon as we dropped into the bottom 3 everyone associated with LCFC s**t themselves as there was a possiblity that we would end up in the third tier of football for the first time in our history so nobody wanted to take the risk and the players' confidence was getting worse as each dreary match passed by.
If only he had the same spirit as Kelly and let the team play football instead of filling their heads with tactics.
Whether or not Kelly is the answer for a full season we will have to wait and see but thank god we didn't give CL more time as we may have been playing the trees next season.

Fair comment without a hint of bitterness....

LeeH said:
He's gone, and it's all part of the history of this club as far as I'm concerned. I don't care what he does or says now, to be honest.

:038:

It's football. Shite happens.

It wasn't as soon as we dropped into the bottom three, we were hovering in there for a while before he was chopped.

Also, I don't think we ever had a consistant run since he came here, even at the end of the season when he joined?

I think he may turn out to be a good manager, but I think he vastly underestimated our league. I can imagine him thinking "och, well its their second tier, so it's gotty be wuss than our premier neh?", without realising that although it may (or may not) be less skillfull, it's a damn site tougher, and weaker players such as gilbert, elvis, de vries and hammill would not cut it.

Hopefully he will learn from it and do well at his next club

Last edited:
beighton155 said:
It wasn't as soon as we dropped into the bottom three, we were hovering in there for a while before he was chopped.

Also, I don't think we ever had a consistant run since he came here, even at the end of the season when he joined?

I think he may turn out to be a good manager, but I think he vastly underestimated our league. I can imagine him thinking "och, well its their second tier, so it's gotty be wuss than our premier neh?", without realising that although it may (or may not) be less skillfull, it's a damn site tougher, and weaker players such as gilbert, elvis, de vries and hammill would not cut it.

Hopefully he will learn from it and do well at his next club

And I thought he was Scottish.:icon_conf

Hazzman said:
Spot On! Melton

I must admit I dont think Kelly is the answer to our probelms but its very difficult to not offer the job who cast miracle in the spring to stop relegation.

thats why he's only on a 12 month rolling contract.

if he meeses up, we can get rid for free. same for him if he doesn't like the job

I think there are one of two lines you can take on Levein.

Line one is he had a good plan to sort out the 'mess' and simply ran out of time.

Line two is that he was pretty clueless about the club and the Championship, couldn't seem to motivate the players, kept changing his plans and in the end was just waiting for something to turn up.

A similar situation existed at a small shitty Nothern club called Newcastle United. They got rid of their dour Jock and look what happened. Won't find too many Gallowgate Enders saying Souness was just sorting out Robbo's mess.

LCFC's recovery under Kelly was even more dramatic yet we have a sizeable body of fans saying that this would have happened anyway under Levein even though there is nothing in the stats to suggest that it would.

I would be very grateful if someone could enlighten me about why some LCFC fans seem compelled to worship a manager whose tenure was an abject failure.

Melton, you seem to know what's what around here, what's your take on this 'May' madness?

Kelly's Hero said:
I think there are one of two lines you can take on Levein.

Line one is he had a good plan to sort out the 'mess' and simply ran out of time.

Line two is that he was pretty clueless about the club and the Championship, couldn't seem to motivate the players, kept changing his plans and in the end was just waiting for something to turn up.

A similar situation existed at a small shitty Nothern club called Newcastle United. They got rid of their dour Jock and look what happened. Won't find too many Gallowgate Enders saying Souness was just sorting out Robbo's mess.

LCFC's recovery under Kelly was even more dramatic yet we have a sizeable body of fans saying that this would have happened anyway under Levein even though there is nothing in the stats to suggest that it would.

I would be very grateful if someone could enlighten me about why some LCFC fans seem compelled to worship a manager whose tenure was an abject failure.

Melton, you seem to know what's what around here, what's your take on this 'May' madness?
They're all just fookin' nutters mate

Last edited:
webmaster said:
:038:

I wondered who would be the first to notice.

Well he obviously hates me so it kind of gave it away:icon_lol:
The grammar etc was a dead giveaway and the fact he stuck to one thread,never went on General chat:102:

Do I win any VCash Webbo ?

Last edited:
beighton155 said:
I reckon I'd have sussed that out too, had I ever known who Chandler was!! LOL
I have said it before on here, that I actually used to agree wit a lot of what Chandler said. It was just his methods and personal attacks that left a lot to be desired

highland fox said:
Chandleresque I thought..

I hear they are trying to lobby the words 'Chandler' and 'Scarby' to the next edition of Oxford Dictionary.

Chandler
1. Obbessive and argumentive fecker who has a thing for Mickey Adams.
Look at Thracian for the hybird of Chandler.

Scarby
1. Not funny, lack of wit
2. Student learning marine biology and likes middle of the road music.

Well all of this is right over my head...

Re. a former crap manager: one theory doing the rounds about why certain fans seem to be superglued to him is that (and I know this sounds ludicrous but...) they were actually looking forward to seeing REAL (as in 'true' not as in Real Madrid) football in Division One.

This is interesting for two reasons. Firstly it showed what they really thought would happen under Levein (there would be no Kelly like recovery). Secondly if they were that keen to experience the elements standing on empty crumbling terraces why not just go to Vicky Park on Sunday morning (OK no terraces, no botulistic pies)?

Care to comment anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670