Leyton Orient

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also surprised this hasn't been mentioned, but what went on with Martin in the first half? He caught the ball outside the box and didn't even get booked, but Morrison did. Strange. Think the ref (who was poor) bottled it.

I don't think he even booked Martin, think it was morrison who got booked, probably for gobbing off.
It looked like Martin got shoved slightly when he caught the ball, which is probably why the ref didn't send him off, just gave the free kick for handling outside the area.

It looked like Martin got shoved slightly when he caught the ball, which is probably why the ref didn't send him off, just gave the free kick for handling outside the area.

Shoved by one of theirs? Should have been a free kick to us then surely :102:

My player ratings for yesterday....

Martin 6
Powell 7
Tunchev 7
Morrison 8
Gilbert 7
Gradel 5
King 6
Oakley 5
Dyer 7
Fryatt 7
Howard 7

Hobbs 6
Adams 8
Campbell 7

I don't think he even booked Martin, think it was morrison who got booked, probably for gobbing off.

The ref's interpretation for me was spot on if he did give it for the handball. It was a foul but did it deny a goalscoring opportunity or was it foul play hardly.

From where i was sat, Morrison got very agitated after speaking to the linesman. He kept trying to get the ref to speak to the linesman but for some reason he wouldnt and he then seemed to say something to get himself booked. From the way he was carrying on, I think the linesman may have said that there was a push on Martin, so our freekick rather than handball.

If it was handball then it had to be a minimum of a booking for Martin, so eitherway, the ref got it wrong. Luckily, it didnt cost us and we got the win even though we were shocking for much of the game...

Last edited:
Luckily, it didnt cost us and we got the win even though we were shocking for much of the game...

Matt Piper (yeah, I know!) made a comment on RL that after our initial good start to the game we were allowing Orient to 'boss' us in the manner that Millwall had done the week before and that if it continued we would be out muscled again and probably go on to lose the game.

I think there is a real danger in this league that teams will play that way against us. We need to have plans to counter this. At present it seems we don't as most who were there yesterday agree that we were perhaps fortunate to get the win whereas against Millwall we obviously didn't.

I still like to think we can win by playing good football though. I don't think we need to resort to scrappy bruising tactics to win even at this level.

Am I wrong? Do we need to get down and dirty like the opposition? Can a good footballing side come through against a team of cloggers more times than not? Enough to get us to the top two places by the end of the season at any rate?

Do you want to ask a couple more questions, Spion?

now now girls

From where i was sat, Morrison got very agitated after speaking to the linesman. He kept trying to get the ref to speak to the linesman but for some reason he wouldnt and he then seemed to say something to get himself booked. From the way he was carrying on, I think the linesman may have said that there was a push on Martin, so our freekick rather than handball.

If it was handball then it had to be a minimum of a booking for Martin, so eitherway, the ref got it wrong. Luckily, it didnt cost us and we got the win even though we were shocking for much of the game...

Why? There is nothing in the rules which says a player has to be booked if he handles the ball. In fact if the ref books a player for the simple act of handing the ball, then he would be wrong.

Matt Piper (yeah, I know!) made a comment on RL that after our initial good start to the game we were allowing Orient to 'boss' us in the manner that Millwall had done the week before and that if it continued we would be out muscled again and probably go on to lose the game.

I think there is a real danger in this league that teams will play that way against us. We need to have plans to counter this. At present it seems we don't as most who were there yesterday agree that we were perhaps fortunate to get the win whereas against Millwall we obviously didn't.

I still like to think we can win by playing good football though. I don't think we need to resort to scrappy bruising tactics to win even at this level.

Am I wrong? Do we need to get down and dirty like the opposition? Can a good footballing side come through against a team of cloggers more times than not? Enough to get us to the top two places by the end of the season at any rate?

You seem to be suggesting that Orient and Millwall employed similar tactics - that would be wrong. Whereas Millwall were content to make sure we couldn't attack, Orient's method was to make sure we had plenty to defend. On yesterday's showing, I would be surprised if Orient know what clog is.

Last edited:
Thought midfield was generally crap yesterday. King had a poor game I thought he would have been taken off he was so bad. We need to play better if we are to get promotion. I hated Clem last season but we could have done with him yesterday.

Gradel couldn't even cross a street.

Some slagging off of Gilbert but I thought he played well. Man of the match for me was Tunchev I thought he looked a class act.

Adams did get the crowd going when he came on. He looked hungry but didn't really attack down the right as I would have liked to have seen.

I didn't see their goal, anyone care to elaborate?

Orient certainly weren't dirty. They played better football than us. In fact, I don't think one of their players even got booked. They were a decent footballing side who had a couple of strikers who linked up well but couldn't finish. They also lacked a winger or two.

I wasn't at the match so will only comment on one thing. If Morrison was booked for dissent I hoped NP will have a real go at him. It is in the nature of things that centrebacks get cards for fouls but getting booked for dissent is stupid and over a season can be costly.

Thought midfield was generally crap yesterday. King had a poor game I thought he would have been taken off he was so bad. We need to play better if we are to get promotion. I hated Clem last season but we could have done with him yesterday.

Gradel couldn't even cross a street.

Some slagging off of Gilbert but I thought he played well. Man of the match for me was Tunchev I thought he looked a class act.

Adams did get the crowd going when he came on. He looked hungry but didn't really attack down the right as I would have liked to have seen.

I didn't see their goal, anyone care to elaborate?

spot on, Gradel was wank as was King.....Adams came on and tried, so he deserves some praise unlike the other two I've mentioned. We could have been several goals up first half but werent, then second half we were shite and scored 2. The Birkbeck Tavern was fun but the fat arsed foreign wench behind the bar fecked me off, useless :018:

Only heard the RL commentary, (Matt Piper is a tit) sounded a close game. 3 points most welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669