Leyton Orient

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to be suggesting that Orient and Millwall employed similar tactics - that would be wrong.

I didn't suggest anything of the sort (I wasn't there to know) - I was quoting Matt Pipers take on it :icon_wink

I didn't suggest anything of the sort (I wasn't there to know) - I was quoting Matt Pipers take on it :icon_wink

Was it Matt Piper who asked all those questions as well?

Was it Matt Piper who asked all those questions as well?

Matt Piper has his limitations. The questions were mine but everyone seems to think they were rhetorical as I have yet to see a response!

Matt Piper has his limitations. The questions were mine but everyone seems to think they were rhetorical as I have yet to see a response!

Both Hazzman and I have made it clear that your questions were based on faulty premise.

Both Hazzman and I have made it clear that your questions were based on faulty premise.

You were there (mind you, so was Matt Piper!) so I bow to your better placed opinion that Orient didn't batter us like Millwall had.

However, even though the premise regarding Orient was faulty, the questions are still valid as other teams may well take the Millwall approach against us.

Piper wasn't at the Millwall game though, so he wasn't in a position to comment on that game if he was relying on the RL commentary.

Thinking back, he did actually say that. I didn't pick up on it at the time but he was obviously making his own assumptions on what he had heard rather than what he had witnessed.

Bit like me really :icon_lol:

Piper wasn't at the Millwall game though, so he wasn't in a position to comment on that game if he was relying on the RL commentary.

That was a very subtle (albeit true) dig at RL coverage - I almost missed it :)

from what ive been told by someone who went we were ok for the first 20mins then went back to our old ways, and even though we hit the crossbar twice we were still 2nd best, was definately a smash and grab according to my source :) oh and martin was crap apparently

from what ive been told by someone who went we were ok for the first 20mins then went back to our old ways, and even though we hit the crossbar twice we were still 2nd best, was definately a smash and grab according to my source :) oh and martin was crap apparently

I didn't get there either but was told exactly the same. Good 3pts. though.

Like I said we won and got 3 points ,might play brilliantly Saturday and lose.Winning is all that matters.Saying that I don't and won't get to see us this Season so the result is bound to be the only thing of importance to me

Absolutely. Winning spectacularly would be very nice, but we did that a couple of times last season. Winning games when not playing well, under the cosh, up against a bad ref or whatever is what we have been unable to do in recent seasons, so I would be inclined to take more encouragement from this than, say, the Ccheltenham game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669