Life's Too Short

Status
Not open for further replies.
We discussed it earlier in the TV thread. Here's my opinion: compared to Office/Extras (yes, that is a fair comparison because the style is so similar) it's average. Compared to most other 'comedy' shows and series on TV these days it's very good.

It's lazy writing. It's a mockumentry (meaning no need to bother with a plot) copying The Office. Warwick Davis basically plays a pint size David Brent. Chuck in a celebrity cameo just like Extras and there you have it.

There are some funny moments but a lot of it has been embarrassingly poor.

It's lazy writing. It's a mockumentry (meaning no need to bother with a plot) copying The Office. Warwick Davis basically plays a pint size David Brent. Chuck in a celebrity cameo just like Extras and there you have it.

There are some funny moments but a lot of it has been embarrassingly poor.
I thought the first two episodes were good but the Cat Deeley one was awfully predictable. Still, as I say, I prefer it to most stuff on TV (which probably says more about my TV watching habits than anything else).

It's lazy writing. It's a mockumentry (meaning no need to bother with a plot) copying The Office.

It's using a 'mockumentary' style, but that doesn't mean there's no script writing or plot. They don't just switch the ****ing cameras on and follow him around waiting for stuff to happen.

It's using a 'mockumentary' style, but that doesn't mean there's no script writing or plot. They don't just switch the ****ing cameras on and follow him around waiting for stuff to happen.
Thanks for explaining that.

Which goes some way to explaining where I'm going wrong with my camera-phone and a pair of Siamese twins who are training to become cable TV installers.

You've basically got it bang on there. I laughed and thought it was good, but i laughed so much more at Extras/The Office.

Gervais hasn't done anything to match them since he went off to America.

'tis utter, utter, utter shite

And that's being kind

Agree with those saying it's a mediocre show, just re-hashing a very similar style to what he'd already done on the Office. I expected better and something more original. As much as I loved the Office, Gervais is starting to look more and more like a one-trick pony to me.

Gervais is starting to look more and more like a one-trick pony to me.

What trick would that be? He's after having several successes with different styles and formats in a diverse range of media.

Tis a good film that. 2nd favourite Tom Green flick behind Freddie Got Fingered.

Hmmm it's alright. If you want people getting up to US college-style hijinks, give me Old School instead any day - amazing film.

"Dust...... in the wind, all we are is dust in the wind. YOU'RE MY BOY BLUE!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570